Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:45

Using skins within the DayZRP - Suggestion

Most players here are role players (pretty obvious) and therefore create unique features for their characters is one of the most fun parts of a role play.

I think many would agree with me that a unique \ custom appearance is more than welcome and add enough uniqueness to the DayzRP server.

Releasing some custom skins and making them unique to clans or separated by kind of Role Play is, in my opinion, a magnific idea and it has a lot to add.

My idea is to create a kind of gentler identity between groups using their behavior and political views inside Chernarus, and that would be precisely the identity of each individual \ clan \ group.

Basically the people of Chernarus in RP is divided into three types:

Bandits (RF, CB, SDS, SGRU and other smaller clans).

Heroes (SONS, USMC, CLF and other smaller clans).

Civil \ Neutrals (CTC, EMS, TOR and survivors in general).

With the continuous firefights and influences of the bigger clans, if we think in role play way, they would be well known and easily identifiable by all who live in Chernarus, so custom skins would make a paper of identification among groups and somewhat showing the intentions of each individual (as does the default skins of bandit \ hero in dayz).

The survivors who remain roaming the map in small groups or alone may not be identifiable by their actions because they're not be so marked like the large groups action and for that they (survivors and lonve wolves) can choose from a variety of civilians skins, making them dangerous to everyone because there is no way to identify their intentions.

An example is the player "Priest" that makes the role play of a Russian priest that stays inside the church in the middle of Cherno helping those who enter it. He could use the skin of the priest for example.

Arma2_civ_priest.jpg

Groups like CTC \ EMS \ TOR could use unique skins, such as the UN troops or soldiers doctors.

The best way to handle this would be to release purchase (or free) skins for each member of the great clans in the donation shop, according to role play of the clan. To those that are not part of the clans let available civilian clothes of many types.

The division of skins in my opinion should be this:

Bandits \ ultranationalists: NAPA and Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star (ChDKZ)

Heroes \ Anti-bandits: USMC and Russian Army skins

CTC \ EMS \ TOR: UN and Medical Soldiers skins

Civil \ Survivors\New Spawns (player not in a clan): Bunch of Civilian skins.

So basically those who are not involved in any big clan should be allowed to buy only civilian skins. Those who're inside a big clan (this can be controled either by the leaders of the clans or by the admins using some profile questions) can choose skins based on their role play (bandit\hero\medical\traders etc).

What you guys think?

Guest WaltteriH

No USMC skins to Chernarus. Make those bitches stay on their continent for once. If only bandits get NAPA skins, im going to be a bandit. GUE COMMANDER <3

• MVP

John arty, dont take it as an offence but I think you have missed the point here. Skins are not to be used to differrantiate roles but for identifing groups/individuals. Your proposed division of skins is harmful for some and is unfair in judgment of groups.

Plus, such division would be not accurate as even a generally friendly group may rob someone.

I strongly disagree to such solution of possible skin distribution.

As I wrote in rmod thread : clans would choose from any of the skins available as long as the combination of them can be seen as a whole. Let the groups choose and argument why they want that specific skin despite their behaviour in game.

Your suggestion fails with harm in my clan scenario or EMS/T.O.R. although I cant speak for them I believe they would like to pick any skin - not to be limited by anything.

No USMC skins to Chernarus. Make those bitches stay on their continent for once. If only bandits get NAPA skins, im going to be a bandit. GUE COMMANDER <3

Are you worried of imperialists? :D

We would love to have skins like these:

http://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/4/46/Arma2_FR_assault.jpg

http://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/7/7e/Arma2_US_DF_ar.jpg

http://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/6/67/Arma2_US_ar.jpg

John arty, dont take it as an offence but I think you have missed the point here. Skins are not to be used to differrantiate roles but for identifing groups/individuals. Your proposed division of skins is harmful for some and is unfair in judgment of groups.

Plus, such division would be not accurate as even a generally friendly group may rob someone.

I strongly disagree to such solution of possible skin distribution.

As I wrote in rmod thread : clans would choose from any of the skins available as long as the combination of them can be seen as a whole. Let the groups choose and argument why they want that specific skin despite their behaviour in game.

Your suggestion fails with harm in my clan scenario or EMS/T.O.R. although I cant speak for them I believe they would like to pick any skin - not to be limited by anything.

Got your point... but I don't understand one thing:

"clans would choose from any of the skins available as long as the combination of them can be seen as a whole."

Can you point an example of combination that can be seen as whole? I really didn't got it...

If possible to implement, I think this would be a good idea for the server. I wouls alot easier to identify players and such. With this you can still be a bad/good guy without worrying too much about you humanity in that way. This could be very useful for clans and such.

• MVP

If possible to implement, I think this would be a good idea for the server. I wouls alot easier to identify players and such. With this you can still be a bad/good guy without worrying too much about you humanity in that way. This could be very useful for clans and such.

I believe the only way to do this is RMOD, as previously stated in other threads. This isn't something Rolle could easily implement.

• MVP

Rel,Zoarial please don't let us down. Rolle gave hope in rMod thread for custom skins with application/choice option implementation. He said he will look in that matter during weekend.