Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:21

Disrespect against Admins and other players...

Papa Emeritus II

• MVP

This is not a ban-appeal.

This whole thing is going way too far.

This community is falling apart because of the flaming and all the hating.

It almost looks like some people just can keep on flaming without any consequences.

People are harassing other players, without any consequences.

This has to stop.

The harassing against me and my fellow mates in SDS are now ridiculous.

Sure, we are robbing people, but thats no reason to name call us and just be a idiot about it.

Everyone, except those who actually played with us, have something against us.

And I'm sick and tired of beein accused for cheats, duping and rule breaking etc etc.

I think everyone need to show much more respect against each other.

Both admins and players.

Admins are doing this on their free time and deserves much better then this.

About my ban -

When a certain group of players just keep on flaming in EVERY thread, and in the shout box about SDS in one way or another, I finally had enough.

I have never (by purpose) been disrespectful against another player.

But this time, i had enough, i snapped and name called one of them.

(

And i am the one that gets banned.

(In the meantime i was defending Zoarial from other players that was making fun of him)

That is not fair.

I dont want to be harassed to that point when you finally snaps.

This has to stop.

I think the most of you know me that much.

I am a descent guy :)

Remember that irony is having trouble to get all the way when using text.

Cheers and have a pleasant weekend.

We've been cracking down lately on flaming in the shoutbox, and disrespect. We've got new ways of dealing with it. And instead of losing your cool (which I know can be hard) you just have to PM an admin/GM with the proof and it will be dealt with. That way it's fair and it reduces flaming at the same time.

• Server Manager

Agreed, this is supposed to be a friendly roleplaying community. No need for flaming or name calling because you were killed ingame or were robbed by another player. A little bit of respect towards the staff would be nice as well, if it weren't for them this server would be just like any other HIVE server.

I agree, without proper proof of duping, rulebreaking etc just ban ANYONE that makes threads about just to come with accusinations. They should know it by now and tbh you have given way to much warnings, just start handing out bans to people that can't listen. This should not be tolerated anymore. Maybe add inn the "How to make a report", that if they suspect anyone of exploiting or hacking etc they should PM a GM.

That goes for the shoutbox, clan threads etc as well.

• Emerald

Most people understand that offending other members of DayZrp including the staff is out of order, however the staff signed up to their task and so should be able to take criticism while doing it or step down from their voluntary job.

The same goes for Rolle, who gets donations from people. The donator should be listened to and constructively communicated with, not accused of trolling or being offensive because they found something that a server admin did unacceptable.

There is a fine line between criticism and disrespect.

Telling people that they "must respect server staff" is a little patronizing, considering the fact that its pretty obvious the staff aren't there because they want to make other people enjoy themselves more, but because they have a certain personality that drives them to intervene and stand out.

• Legend

Most people understand that offending other members of DayZrp including the staff is out of order, however the staff signed up to their task and so should be able to take criticism while doing it or step down from their voluntary job.

The same goes for Rolle, who gets donations from people. The donator should be listened to and constructively communicated with, not accused of trolling or being offensive because they found something that a server admin did unacceptable.

There is a fine line between criticism and disrespect.

Telling people that they "must respect server staff" is a little patronizing, considering the fact that its pretty obvious the staff aren't there because they want to make other people enjoy themselves more, but because they have a certain personality that drives them to intervene and stand out.

It doesn't matter who you're insulting/having a go at, as long as they're part of our community.

Could you elaborate on why you think we don't strive to make the community enjoyable? Do you think it's wrong to ban people that cross the line and offends other people?

I'm curious to know why you wrote that.

• Emerald

It doesn't matter who you're insulting/having a go at, as long as they're part of our community.

Could you elaborate on why you think we don't strive to make the community enjoyable? Do you think it's wrong to ban people that cross the line and offends other people?

I'm curious to know why you wrote that.

I'm sure a large proportion of the staff do strive to make the community enjoyable. However it seems that that isn't always the focus and players are often treated with bias, which cannot be mistaken for human error.

• Emerald

ALL people should be listened to. Donating to the server might get you a few benefits, but equality of rights and honour should be the same for all people including the admins.

Those who do not donate should never be "lesser" users as it comes to rights and respect. A donator who gives hundreds of Euros might be given more goodies, but never free KOS's.

An admin who also plays a bandit, could never be mild to bandits who break rules. If he/she does, then he/she is not fit to be an admin.

I know it's difficult to accept defeat sometimes, maybe even if you know you are right, but half descent "proof" gets you in trouble.

Respect is earned.

Only Admins can demand respect, but that will not make them honoured.

Be kind to receive kindness and be honest to receive honesty.

Life can be so simple.

• MVP

I largely agree with the OP, its time people matured up and got a hold of themselves. As Meekia said, the staff's tolerance level of this crap has been lowered and we'll expect people to behave.

People should be able to complain and voice concerns. There is nothing wrong with sending criticism, but it should preferably be constructive criticism, and it should be put forth in a polite fashion. People cant expect the staff members to have patience with them if they bring forth their complaints while flaming and mouth-frothing with anger.

This is a game that can touch a fair few buttons because when people die, they loose gear they've spent a lot of time getting, or if they get banned wrongfully and get a reset, that stuff also dissepears.

So -some- measure of anger is understandable. But you have to keep control of yourself, and deliver your complaints in a controlled mature fashion.

IF you do this, and if you have a history of doing this, you are much more likely to gain respect and patience from not just the GMs but from the community.

People also need to think before they post reports or claims of hacking. Put yourself in the staff's shoes and understand that they need evidence to do their jobs. Wild claims relying on noone elses words but your own...that is not something we usually can act on.

Finally, people need to stop hanging around the shoutbox when they're drunk. Yes sometimes it can be funny, but sometimes it ends in excess amounts of drama, rage and unneccecery bans because people cant control their behaviour.

Finally, people need to stop hanging around the shoutbox when they're drunk. Yes sometimes it can be funny, but sometimes it ends in excess amounts of drama, rage and unneccecery bans because people cant control their behaviour.

+ 10 :P Drunken rage is the worst, I tell you!

On a more serious note; I understand what you're saying Patte and I agree with you. There is too much bad mouthing between people on the forums. Almost seems like many people are more active on the forums than ingame.

Like Tomeran said, it is easy to get frustrated if you believe you got KoS:ed and lost all the gear you've spent countless hours to collect. And it is easy to take your anger out on the shoutbox or in the report section. But tajing the easy way does not help you as a player to get your stuff back or your report handled any better. I know it's not your fault you got KoS:ed, but sometimes you just have to turn the other cheek. Be the good guy and not stoop down to other people levels. I believe that most people who get banned for such things are really good people who don't normally insult other people but make the mistake to act out in the heat of the moment.

I think people just need to take a few steps back when you feel you have been wronged, think carefully about what happened and then decide what action is the best. I think that would make a much more pleasant community which would benefit all who enjoy the DayZ RP server.

I also think they DayZ RP staff is doing a good job under the circumstances and what they have to deal with. I think people just get too caught up with what the staff should provide them with and loose track of what we as the players can help the staff. Often when I look at reports and such I am just relieved that I am not the one who have to deal with all the flaming and bad mouthing. It's like a miracle that all the GM's haven't become bitter old men/women with all the crap that seems to be going around.

• MVP

Just curious Patte, Do most of your (S.D.S) complaints come from other clans or solo players?

Often by other clans.

And when 10 people form one clan is saying things, often the lonewolfs are following.

Suddenly you have the whole server believe that we are cheating, or whatever they are saying :)

Just curious Patte, Do most of your (S.D.S) complaints come from other clans or solo players?

Often by other clans.

And when 10 people form one clan is saying things, often the lonewolfs are following.

Suddenly you have the whole server believe that we are cheating, or whatever they are saying :)

Yeah i get ya, although it would be quiet and kinda strange without it i think the shoutbox just being there causes alot of problems as things escalate so fast in there, I've lost in there over really petty things like being already being agitated for whatever reason then someone like half your age (exaggeration) replies with "quit cryin, why u so butthurt about it, get over it fag" lol you just end up in a seething rage, but the SB is cool socially & the forum would die without it, people just tend to RP in there too.

Clan Vs Clan matters i think should be fair game, and it's a bit better now as people who aren't involved in the report can't/aren't supposed to comment now & there stricter in the SB.

Would be cool if there were just huuge PVP zones where anything goes (like having the NEAF & surrounding area as a PVP zone) so there are no grey areas on rules, like PCB but much much bigger areas.

Although being a loner/solo player No doubt if i was constantly being robbed/griefed by a big clan I'd get fed up with it and start moaning so I'm kind of being a hypocrite writing all this lol.

The game needs bandits either way.

Rofl thats because we have CHs to take it all out on :D

Oi! Right back at cha, this CH stuff is srs bsns ;)

And I'm surprised at the amount of people agreeing, I expected a little flaming to be honest. We do try the best we can to make the server enjoyable, even though it gets a lot of us hated by certain people.

We welcome criticism. It's how they go about it we don't like. Instead of saying "Wtf you're so sh*t at reports how did you get GM," say "Could you look at my ban appeal please I think the other GM may have ruled unfairly."

Just be mindful of how you come across, the forum staff are people to and function differently, get offended by different things, laugh at different things; just like you all do. We're only human, and make mistakes occasionally which hopefully get fixed up. People seem to think that the GM's will be perfect in every decision, you just have to be patient and stay under control.

Guest Boris Grigorev

But what gets me is the way Rolle can't take criticism, or thinks he's above everyone else. Without the community this server wouldn't be where it is, without the community I'd rather play on the SE servers. Rolle needs to respect the opinions of others and actually listen to the vast majority rather than seeing things in his own way. For example when I got a 3 day ban, I complained about Rolle's verdict, as did the victim of the KoS report. Rolle however refused to listen. The following week, a rule was made that the "KoS" I made was within the rules. The funny thing is, when I made a ban appeal, I asked for another admin to look at it, rather than that, Rolle dragged the discussion out two 3 days long.

My main problem is that when the vast majority of a community, including members of the admin team suspects members of specific clans of breaking the rules/cheating that Rolle refuses to ban them unless sufficient proof is given. However our recent ban proves that banning without proof is totally acceptable.

• Server Manager

I can take *constructive criticism*. Yes, I am above everyone else here, someone has to be on a server with strict rules. I respect and listen to the opinions of others - that's why I created latest version of the server rules along with the community and almost always consult the GMs about reports and bans.

I see nobody else complaining but the people that have been banned for breaking the rules. Your recent bans are outside the game rules and the decision was made by the whole admin team.

• MVP

Do anyone understand what i mean?

I didnt want this to be SGRU´s ban thread.

There are several of thoose.

Guest Boris Grigorev

I can see nobody else complaining but the people that have been banned for breaking the rules. Your recent bans are outside the game rules and the decision was made by the whole admin team.

Because you deleted the forum posts of other members of the community saying "bad decision by the admins" whether they were flaming or not. I would expect the admin team to have roughly the same proportion of people against the decision as to the community, even though we do at times cause the team some trouble we have ALWAYS played by the rules. It took us 2months on this server to receive a ban for any one of our members. Sure, some people wanted us banned (mainly SDS/RF/affiliates such as tazoo and logics) but that was because of my constant "flaming" when there was strong evidence for map hacking/duping.

One thing that got me was a certain member of the community needed a GUID reset on the day of a battleye update and dayz navigator became detected. However there is no investigation into this and he even gets a GUID reset when he gets globally banned a few days later. Hell this guy was one of the ones I was "flaming" too.

I have also seen jGMs handle cases which involved their own clan's trial members. Which is unacceptable by any means.

Also I have a hard time believing it was a unanimous decision to ban us otherwise appeals would be shut down instantly, however we have been unbanned by most counts.

The constant changing/creation of rules without notice has made many people leave this server too. This server is declining and something does indeed need to change.

I am not disrespecting, this is my point of view.

Also, Verdicts have been made without viewing all of the evidence before, this needs to be changed to prevent rash judgement.

@Patte S-GRU's ban is a topic which damages the reputation of the admin team and can cause disrespect by S-GRU or other members of the community.

I am accused of giving a lot of disrespect to the admin team and can't help but think this thread is aimed at people like me.

• MVP

@Patte S-GRU's ban is a topic which damages the reputation of the admin team and can cause disrespect by S-GRU or other members of the community.

I am accused of giving a lot of disrespect to the admin team and can't help but think this thread is aimed at people like me.

Well, that´s probably true.

But im also talking about how you guys behave in the shot box, calling moderators stupid etc etc.

I dont know if this comes with age... But, you simply don´t do that.

And i don't wanna be the one who gets banned for efending myself against disrespectful people.

Guest lavrinovic

Huge disrespect to bandits.

Have to agree with boris. some of the admins are joke. delete posts/topics about 'bad admin decisions' without any flame. but then i realize, no wonder this happens when u give gm rights to 16 y olds.

Guest Boris Grigorev

Well I can guarantee in a similar situation most people would do that, besides the shoutbox is by far the easiest way to grab someone's attention, if you read my above post you can actually see why we are pretty annoyed as a whole. And no, it isn't just S-GRU, it's other members who were quickly silenced by Rolle and the admin team after the verdict was given.

And as for the age comment, I'm 19, independent and living by myself. I find that disrespectful and a mocking comment.

Huge disrespect to bandits.

Have to agree with boris. some of the admins are joke. delete posts/topics about 'bad admin decisions' without any flame. but then i realize, no wonder this happens when u give gm rights to 16 y olds.

Not to mention some good old fashion pony gore as a joke can get you a 40% warning level!

And as for that I am refering to this:

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/395/0ac/786/resized/fuck-ponies-dreadnought-meme-generator-best-pony-is-a-dead-pony-f33c74.jpg which Clintbet posted before me and even said "credit to clintbet"

• MVP

Oh my god.

Probably becouse they are irrelevant to the thread.

Like your post here.

It has never striked you that your posts are beeing deleted becouse YOU behave more like 16 year old then the GMs do?

Guest Boris Grigorev

I am not speaking about my posts, I was banned when people were making posts about the admin team making bad decisions. And yet they were all removed, as for that post it is relevant because it was posted in the shoutbox when people were posting bronie stuff. And I received a warning for it, which causes me to look at the admin team in even more of a darker light. I am not the only one which holds this opinion, I respect that the admin team (apart from rolle) do unpaid volunteer work for this server and get flamed at for it, but it's part of their job in the end of the day, they knew what they were signing up for and should be able to take criticism.