Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 16:44
Sign in to follow this  
Jedediah

Server password?

Back in my day, DayzRP Mod server had no whitelist, instead it had a password. This, obviously was later replaced with a whitelist, but it served its purpose well while it was around.

Would it be possible for us to have a server password, and again hide the server password somewhere in the DayzRP SA rules?

>Back in my day.

>Server password protected

>Password hidden somewhere in the rules page on the forum

>Rules page viewable only by registered users

>Password changed weekly

>Password hiding place changed weekly

Certainly this won't change the inability to moderate ingame activity, but surely it would help us regulate the player base to people we at least KNOW have read the rules.

OR just send out the password to those who has pass the whitelist application, works well too I think. Maybe have two types of application, one for normal Mod, other one is for the SA only.

OR just send out the password to those who has pass the whitelist application, works well too I think. Maybe have two types of application, one for normal Mod, other one is for the SA only.

That would take quite a lot of work. You can look at the rules as they are right now, if you read closely, you can find Rolle still uses codes in the server rules to be used on new player applications, I don't see why this couldn't be used for DayzRP SA as well.

It is possible, ive seen it in the list just no clue how to do it.

Not possible at the moment in time i personally want to wait it out a little longer for it to clear out and also... We need admin powers... Rolle will want to wait until he has full control of the server i believe and only locking it we still will have the trouble of people slipping out the password and no logs can be shown.

Atm -1

i love the whitelist way...telling you from a point of view of a guy who waited few weeks to get whitelisted..putting a pass will not stop all the ones who break the rules..you better off with whitelisting..cus all the troble you put into getting it and accapted is alone can help drop the unwillingling from the willingling and true rpers who really wanna play as it sould be playid..

by the rules....

anyway..seen planty whitlisted too..that put a big d**** on the rules..so i guess it dosent matter..

There is no easy or official way to password a server, so this won't happen, at least for now.

I think that it may be possible to do it so password is changed on a regular basis, and a special tab for ONLY whitelisted people will reveal the password. this way only whitelisted members will be able to access the password and leaked passwords will be outdated in some time