Server time: 2017-08-21, 14:08

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icy

Dead man's letters

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

You find a suitcase in the ruins of the Raven's Nest. It's locked with a lockpad but you break it. You find a passport reading "Νικόλαος Χρήστου - Nick Christ". Under that you find many letters. All of them are to be sent in the same adress in Greece. Some of them have stamps on them, some have blood and some are burned and teared. You read the first one.

August 19, Chernarus

Hey mum, it's me, Nick. It's Friday evening. I should be in my plane to Greece now, but I'm not. I don't know what's going on. At first we saw a lot of military men on the streets, some where making blockades on main roads. Now, they don't let any planes land or take off.

Some people are saying that the old goverment has a small army somewhere north and that the american's are getting ready for a war. We've also heard something about Russian spies sending intel for an invasion.

At the base, everyone is needed. Old and new soldiers are getting geared up and thrown to the trucks. They said that they need us engineers as well, I'm on my way to the base now. Ray called, he's staying home tonight. I'll ask the officers if I can bring him to the base, it should be safe in case something happens. If nothing happens though, I'll book a ticket in Ray's flight and we'll come together in Tuesday.

All three airports are closed at the moment, they don't even allow jets on the carrier to take off. We saw some scientists in hazmat suits being tranfsered in armored cars, rumours say that they're preparing some kind of toxic aerials to use against the rebels. They even gave us gasmasks. These things are retarded, you can barely breathe. Mine feels used as well, that's makes me wanna throw up.

As always, we still don't have phones, and they don't allow us to use the ones in the base for long distance calls. I still think you should learn how to send and read emails

Anyways, I don't know when you'll get this letter since planes are not leaving. You may get it after I'm there, so I already told you about all these stuff.

Take care, see you soon, say hi to dad,

Nick

You put the letter down, and as you're about to get another one, you hear a car comming. You quickly grab the suitcase and your bag and run to the forest. You find a nice place to spend the night. You start a campfire, and use the letter you read, and some ripped ones to keep the fire going. You decide to read some more to entertain yourself before you sleep

//I'm bored to shit, and also noticed I haven't wrote anything in this section for a while! Until I start playing dayzerup again, I'll write here. My character, Nick, wrote some letters that he never got the chance to sent. He kept writting letters, even if he knew he'll never sent them. I actually RP'ed writting some IG. He kept them all in a suitcase he found, under some planks in Raven's Nest. I'm trying to use these letters to show my characters IG/IC transformation, from a scared 20 y.o. normal guy, to a brave and crazy mercenary. You found it in the ruins, and read the letters before you burn them to feed your fire! As in all of my RP threads, any kind of feedback is more than welcome! Enjoy, if you can!!

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

You notice that the letters are placed in chronological order, from older to newer. The date on the first of them is 4 years ago. It's pretty clear someone has been archiving them, and that he wanted them hidden. You roll in your tent, and start reading the next one.

August 20, Utes

Second day of the madness. Airports are closed, and we just learned that we will be moving to the Utes base overnight. I can hear the commanders arguing about if we'll go with choppers or boats.

Apparently last night there were some riots up north. Villagers tried to go to Berezino to sell their products but were stopped on the way. Police ran checks on their cargo, and arrested them all. Some tried to resist, and tried to attack the army with shotguns

Sign in to follow this