Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:39

Sign in to follow this  
MrDisGood

Loss of Childhood Innocence

MrDisGood    0

Pikes. Stuck on pikes. Two weeks ago I was told over radio to go north, to find my parents (whom I though were dead.) At first I figured it was a lie, a joke, but... I heard them. He made them talk. Now I'm here, his laughing ringing in my ears as I stare ahead. On pikes. I'm going back now, back to Chernarus. I will find him, I will kill him. Not out of anger or for justice, for revenge. He does not deserve to live. On pikes.

A week later, I've made it to the outpost. Friendly faces, all masked in gray depressing fog, the memory still fresh. On pikes. Everything around me seems pointless, the walls, the food, the guns. We all die in the end, we just get hurt the longer we live. Luke is missing, possibly dead. I don't know anymore, maybe he got him as well. Maybe he is on a pike as well.

They try to help, their words all blending into gibberish, eventually I stop listening and just think. Think about what has happened, what I've done. I regret my dark moments, envy my happy moments, remember my old life before all this.

I write down my last thoughts on the page, my journal dating to the very first day, when I lost them the first time. Before the pikes. I give it to a friend, asking for one last favor. She nods and smiles, oblivious to what is to happen. I'm sorry.

I walk outside. I take my gun. I feel the cold metal under my chin. As I prepare the trigger my last thoughts are of the pikes, my parents heads on pikes. I hear the shot. I expect pain but... nothing. I look down and see the gun, a couple inches in front of my chin, barely missing. My ears ring from the shot as I run. Now is not my time, I won't give up. He may be dead but I am not, I can hope. I'm done being a child, I can't be a child anymore. I need to man up, push my feelings deep down and mask them. It is time to show this apocalypse who's boss. I won't give in.

// Please give me your opinion on this since it is my first story/novel thing.

Reptile449    0

I liked it. It reads as if you are very disconnected from the world and as if you're observing from a third person perspective even though it's in first, I think that helps show how you're feeling after seeing your parents so brutally killed.

MrDisGood    0

I liked it. Tt reads as if you are very disconnected from the world and as if you're observing from a third person perspective even though it's in first, I think that helps show how you're feeling after seeing your parents so brutally killed.

Thanks, I've really been trying to portray a child who has slowly been corrupted by the new dark world but I have no idea how it comes across IG.

Sign in to follow this