Server time: 2017-10-19, 20:10
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
xerev

Difference in Epoch and normal servers?

Question

xerev    0

I tried googling but I still don't get whats the difference :P Hope someone can help me clarify this.

12 answers to this question

Slute    1

Epoch is its own seperate mod with tons of features. Epochs most popular feature is the ability to make your own base/house, anywhere in the world. Epoch also introduces tons of new items that aren't in regular DayZRP servers.

Theres so many more possibilities with Epoch it is to much to explain. Through the land are multiple "Safe Zones" with traders. You can sell items for gold, silver, and other ingots. Tons of fun!

The wiki of DayZ Epoch can be found here: http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

This website details all functions, and Addons included in the mod.

Hope this helped, good luck and stay safe!

Slute    1

Wow, Epoch sounds way more fun O.o, is DayzRP use Epoch??

Yes sir!

DayZRP currently have their own Epoch server, which is tons of fun! It is located on Server 2. Vanilla DayZ is Server 1.

If you have any questions or problems with Epoch, feel free to ask me! I've done my research :D

xerev    0

Yes sir!

DayZRP currently have their own Epoch server, which is tons of fun! It is located on Server 2. Vanilla DayZ is Server 1.

If you have any questions or problems with Epoch, feel free to ask me! I've done my research :D

Alright man! Thanks for the info! This is going to be fun!! Spent a whole day yesterday trying to download and get Dayz to work :D

Slute    1

Yes sir!

Alright man! Thanks for the info! This is going to be fun!! Spent a whole day yesterday trying to download and get Dayz to work :D

Its a struggle to get used to, I recommend downloading DayZ commander, makes everything a lot easier!

Can this be marked as Solved xerev? Have you gotten your answer? :)

xerev    0

Yesh, Its solved :) Thanks for the help!

And I know I said its solved but one more question if you don't mind and I don't want to create a new thread just because of this. Why is necessary to download a 1.69gb of installation file to play DayZRP? Isn't it almost the same as other servers except that you won't find some immature people shooting around?

Sir Doctor    3

-snip-

Errr..No offense but snip? O.o

He said something (most likely closing the thread) but you said you had another question so he edited his post by "snipping" the text. When you see -snip- on a post it generally means the person has deleted what they've said as you cannot actually remove a post, only edit it.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your second question. :P

Kravock    1

And I know I said its solved but one more question if you don't mind and I don't want to create a new thread just because of this. Why is necessary to download a 1.69gb of installation file to play DayZRP? Isn't it almost the same as other servers except that you won't find some immature people shooting around?

We have a lot of skin and weapon packs added into the mod to add some more variety.

There are a range of skins you can get from the donation exchange if you donate to our lord Rolle.

These files aren't needed for Epoch at the moment, just the base DayZ Epoch files and being whitelisted is necessary.

Sir Doctor    3

Reread the question and realised I could have easily answered the question... It's too early in the morning... :/

xerev    0

-snip-

Errr..No offense but snip? O.o

He said something (most likely closing the thread) but you said you had another question so he edited his post by "snipping" the text. When you see -snip- on a post it generally means the person has deleted what they've said as you cannot actually remove a post, only edit it.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your second question. :P

Hahaha, thanks for clearing that up, It has been bugging me :P

We have a lot of skin and weapon packs added into the mod to add some more variety.

There are a range of skins you can get from the donation exchange if you donate to our lord Rolle.

These files aren't needed for Epoch at the moment, just the base DayZ Epoch files and being whitelisted is necessary.

NOW that makes sense, Alright mate, thanks for the clarification :D and yep, its 'Solved' :P Thanks again!