Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:21

Sign in to follow this  
Guest magw33d

Demoscene/VJ Media

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I hadn't seen any mention of Demoscene on the forum yet, so am I alone in my respect for visual technoculture?

This is a huge part of my nerdy upbringing and I attribute my penchant for strange quirky music and marijuana fuelled eye-bending visualisations to this long forgotten form of expression.

Surely there's some old fart Amiga/CPC/ZX veterans hanging out on here?!

I used to track jungle and chip on an A1200, but I sold it to go on a megabucks winter holiday in Wien a few years back.

Here's a few of those classic Demos for the uninitiated. Bear in mind these are to display technical prowess and nerdy bbs-peen within physical limitations. Everything is rendered in realtime and is often coded on-site at a demoparty.

Some early 90s gems:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Some more recent ones:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I'm a bit out of touch with the more recent groups/releases, so if there is anyone out there who is into this shit, please educate me!

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I guess I'll just dissolve into obscurity :(

I........ I dont get it.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Yes, you'd be astounded by what a 4kb exe could do, like steal your cd key

This website is run by Archive.org and predates google, It's a well known and trusted source funded by Pixar, it doesn't get any more legitimate than that.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

My dad is an old amiga fart lal

Your dad's a cool old man, respect :D

I believe there is a movie/documentary thingy coming out this year, I believe my dad may pop up somewhere in it since they did record him (i think)

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I believe there is a movie/documentary thingy coming out this year, I believe my dad may pop up somewhere in it since they did record him (i think)

I think it's the Viva Amiga documentary, it's been in production for some time, and it'll be the first fully English documentary about the Amiga scene. What was your dad's handle? He must have been important back then to get a spot in this!

I think it's the Viva Amiga documentary, it's been in production for some time, and it'll be the first fully English documentary about the Amiga scene. What was your dad's handle? He must have been important back then to get a spot in this!

well he isn't that important, I think he was creating demoscenes and I believe he worked on the vivaamiga movie, he gathered important people, people who worked on amiga and toured through europe to record stuff.

atleast that was what I understood.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

well he isn't that important, I think he was creating demoscenes and I believe he worked on the vivaamiga movie, he gathered important people, people who worked on amiga and toured through europe to record stuff.

atleast that was what I understood.

I'm totally a fan of your dad, hahaha :D

Sin    114

So geek

wow

much old school

I'm not into the demo scene myself, but I do respect the code fu of those who do.

It's a pretty niche interest you have there (you hipster, you). Not surprised few people here recognize it.

o7

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

So geek

wow

much old school

I was waiting for that, hahaha

[video=youtube]