Server time: 2017-10-19, 21:55
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Apfelsator

Antonow Flight School

Apfelsator    2

So, i thought i just leave this here since there is the possibility to have planes in epoch and since i made this back then for taviana(maybe Tante will remember).

1.Basics

1.1. Armatures

I will explain you the basic armatures of the Plane, what they mean and how you can use them.

In picture one you see the basic armatures, blue is the speed, red the degree number where you are facing(similar to the compass) and yellow is your altitude.

picture 1

On the second picture you see the attitude indicator in the red field.

picture 2

The attitude indicator of the Antonow is kind of difficult to read since it is not working really properly but it is enough to get a idea if your plane is facing the ground or not.

1.2. Take off

First of all, the engine needs some time to warm up before the plane will move, something around 10 or 15 seconds at least.

Make sure there is no tree or wall in the line, bushes don't matter though.

picture 3

Remember that the Moment of the start is critical since you are really exploited to your surroundings and the engine will be heard over a far distance.

You need at least 150 Meters of Asphalt to take off and on grass it should be the same, maybe some Meters more.

I would say it depends on the ground.

Make sure there are no trees or walls in the line, also remember that you actually need more then 150 Meters to take off since you can't pull the plane immediately up to the sky, so let's say you need around 300 Meters to get the plane properly to a high of 20 Meters and about 500 to actually are able to maneuver the plane.

You have to reach at least a speed of 55 Km/h to take off and a speed of 75 Km/h to maneuver properly.

Definitely stay over 75 Km/h to change the course and/or to change your gradient angle, otherwise you will get a stall(or Deep Stall).

1.3. In the Air

Once you are in the Air, watch your Altitude and Speed. Remember that this is a plane and not a helicopter.

If you move towards a mountain, change your gradient angle in time so you don't loose to much speed and therefore get a stall.

picture 4

If you want to increase your speed quickly, put the nose of the plane down for a short period of time.

There is a GPS integrated in the plane, use it to not loose the overview.

Also there is no auto-hover or autopilot for the plane(except the landing-auto-pilot) so you have to keep an eye on the moves of your plane.

It will sink it's nose after a small time all by itself, keep that in mind if you watch on your map.

1.4. Landing

To land, search yourself a spot with enough space to land, then activate your landing flaps.

picture 5

After you did this, reduce your speed and altitude slowly.

I recommend a landing speed of around 140-150 Km/h, depends on how long your runway is.

Go in on a slightly negative angle, like shown in the following picture.

picture 6

Keep reducing your speed and breaking through pressing "s"(walking backwards, breaking) all the time.

picture 7

picture 8

Once you touched down, reduce your speed further until you got to around 25 Km/h, with this speed you can actually maneuver and turn the plane on the ground.

picture 9

picture 10

Keep in mind that you can not go backwards with the plane, so you have to turn it and for this you need enough space.

Once you reached your parking position, turn off the engine to refuel or log out.

picture 11

picture 12

2. Advanced Maneuvers

2.1. Landing on a short runway(as example i will show you how to land at the Leninplace in Sabina.)

To land on a shot runway, approach the landing spot like described earlier just now, you lower your speed by lowering your altitude really fast to a total high of around 40 to 60 Meters above the ground.

picture 13

picture 14

When you are in reach of the "runway" you can turn of your engine as it reduces your speed, or you can just keep putting your nose up to the sky but still lower your altitude a bit every time.

When you reach a total speed of around 80 Km/h you will be ready to land.

picture 15

To touch down, lower your altitude to almost 10 Meters of the Ground(depending on obstacles around the "runway").

Then you have to be a little risky and lower your high almost immediately to 0, shortly before you reach the ground pull your nose up to get a much more proper angle.

When you touched down, put your nose down(this is really important) to quickly loose speed but be careful to not touch the ground with it!

picture 16

Lower your speed again to 25 Km/h, while lowering your speed, you can also move the plane to the left or the right, just be careful to not hit anything(like lanterns, walls, trees).

picture 17

Take care that you move your plane to a position where you can actually take off again.

If you reached your parking position, you can do your buisiness.

picture 18

2.2. Take off form a short runway

To start of a short runway, remember that you need at least 150 Meters to gain enough speed to take off.

But there is a little trick for this.

First of all, start your engine of course, then comes the important thing what is actually stick to the landing:

You should have parked your plane at a position where you can move to the actual runway, it should have no obstacles in your way and enough space to make a big circle.

picture 20

Try to reach a speed of around 40 Km/h before(!) you reach your actual runway, then continue to take off, be careful with obstacles again and keep in mind that you have to reach a speed of 60 Km/h to take off(you see on the picture i almost crashed into the tree because i moved the plane unintentional by taking the screenshot).

picture 21

After you lift off, you should slowly increase your gradient angle and get speed to get off the place, so keep mountains in mind.

picture 22

That is it for now, maybe i will make some more explanations to some maneuvers...or someone else will.

THIS TUTORIAL WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE CHURCH OF DEW!

Sorry that there is no Video in it.

I'll gladly help anyone learn how to pilot helicopters or planes, if anyone needs it. Great tutorial though, although a video could be useful.

Apfelsator    2

Thank you but i was not able to catch video material...anyhow, if anyone wants to make one, feel free.

Sign in to follow this