Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:54

Sign in to follow this  
Rogério SkyLab

Car stealed? I Don't Think So.

Question

Ok, last night i was going to buy a new car, i already had one it was parked at the front of Stary Sobor trader city. Fully locked and everything else. When i was buying the new car, i got disconnected by battleye, and today when i logged in, my car was gone. HOW? There was tons of weapons and ammo, and also supplies in it, how can it just vanish? It was locked and i believe noone else can enter it. Can someone explain me wtf just happened? I already saw the last position i stoped with it, if it was a DeSync, but nothing for now. Wtf just hapened?

20 answers to this question

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Someone could have used a hotwire kit on it, although if they did that, once a restart occurs the vehicle will lock again.

Also what was the error message when you disconnected from battleye?

Bush    10

Well I think hotwire kits exists, which makes people capable of temporary unlocking your vehicle.

Another thing that might've happend is that a firefight endured, and your car got destroyed in the crossfire, or maybe you parked in to close to the trader, so and someone sold it.

I didn't mate, i already have a threat for it. No message was given, the game just crash. I parked in fornt of the "barricades" the nearest NPC was the black market dealer, and I suppose noone could enter A firefight for a trader city.

Burgz    6

It was probably just blown up dude, nobody likes cars in Trader cities. Somebody probably assumed it had been left there. If it was of that high value, make a report, but i cant see it going anywhere, because you don't know what time. It sucks i know.

I will make a report, i got 1 SVD, 1 CZ 550, 1 M24, 1 Black market Light Machine Gun that i wast days getting money to buy, 1 M1911 7 Clips of ammo for it. 8 Stanag, 3 M240 Ammo, 2 M24 Ammo, 1 CZ 550 Ammo, 2 SVD Mag, 10 Stacks of Wood, My Shack that I crafted, A Fuel Barrel, and lots of food and water. Thats unnaceptable, no initiation, nothing, its like trolling. Damn. I wasted lots of days getting every thing that was in that car.

Burgz    6

Just so you know in advance, you will not get your things back, it'll just provide some justice for you I suppose.

Pyrah    1

That's a very specific list! I'm not sure how a report would help but you could probably PM an admin but still might not go anywhere. Did you leave it near the vehicle seller? Maybe someone turned up and sold it? I believe you can do that if it's unlocked?

Secondly yes someone could of stole it or blew it up. It's horrible that it happens but that's DayZ in a sense.

Burgz    6

That's a very specific list! I'm not sure how a report would help but you could probably PM an admin but still might not go anywhere. Did you leave it near the vehicle seller? Maybe someone turned up and sold it? I believe you can do that if it's unlocked?

Secondly yes someone could of stole it or blew it up. It's horrible that it happens but that's DayZ in a sense.

it was locked, read OP

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Luckily as they have hit logs for vehicles now, they could maybe determine who did it, although as you aren't sure on the timing, that would be hard to find out.

Good luck!

it was locked, read OP

Also as I mentioned above, hotwire kits do exist. So someone could have stolen it.

If you'd like to know more information about hotwire kits:

Magazine Item, new in v1.0.2.4. Found rarely on policeman zombies and even more rarely in vehicles. Have a %75 chance to work and are consumed on use and only unlock the car for one time use. A server restart will re-lock the vehicle.

Voodoo    355

We had a White UN Ural and at the time we were driving the server crashed. We all logged back when the server was back up and saw the ural and all my primary and secondary items were gone. Fair enough we though its been rolled back to stary so we followed the same route back and even now we still haven't found it. Think the server killed the ural as for your vehicle did you park it infront of the vehicle trader sandbags? If you did someone pprobably moved it with another vehicle and then blew it up so they could buy a vehicle.

Pyrah    1

it was locked, read OP

I meant unlocked via hotwiring, not sure if that works with selling it though'

Burgz    6

That's what i mewn, why would anyone use a hotwire kit on that pos car, no offence.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

That's what i mewn, why would anyone use a hotwire kit on that pos car, no offence.

Maybe because they had a thought that there was good gear in the car? It's like the lottery with Hotwire kits. :D

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Maybe because they had a thought that there was good gear in the car? It's like the lottery with Hotwire kits. :D

Exactly this ^^

People might not be looking for a car, they just want to rob the gear out the back.

Like he said, he had a SVD Camo and loads of good stuff inside.

Voodoo    355

I imagine its a game glitch like with my Ural don't think anything can be done about it to be honest.

GingerHippo    4

Right. It's either a hot wire kit or some douche bag has smashed into the car that was left there and blown it up. Yes, it's annoying but it's DayZ. Gear doesn't stay forever right?

That car worth 1 gold piece... Come on, and noone knew that i had weapons in it...

Some people take chances. Anyways, all possibilities of what could of happened have been stated. I am 90% positive somebody blew it up, or hotwired it.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM a community helper.

/closing