Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:26
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
GingerHippo

[Website Buttons]

GingerHippo    4

Do these look professional enough for me to use on my website?

(I've got to design a website for my IT course)

All of these were created and designed by myself

GFcUJp8.png

GingerHippo    4

Looks nice and clean. I like them.

Thankyou. So, would these look fine on a website for my course? - I've got to design all of it myself.

Toorrik    4

Depending how the website is designed would matter. These might look awful vs various backgrounds. If you were wanting to go for a simplistic and clean look, you achieved it.

GingerHippo    4

Depending how the website is designed would matter. These might look awful vs various backgrounds. If you were wanting to go for a simplistic and clean look, you achieved it.

Well, it's for a Graphic Design website so I'm sure these will fit in just fine. Thankyou for the feedback.

broz70    0

what are you using dream weaver or XHTML? to design your website?

GingerHippo    4

what are you using dream weaver or XHTML? to design your website?

I'm designing it all in Photoshop and then taking it over to DW where our teacher is going to help us all out and code it so it all works. All photo slide-shows and everything will be done in DW.

Guest kzammm   
Guest kzammm

I would go for one color buttons.

What I mean is go for a scale of greys and leave the logo as its original color.

For example:

The youtube one. Make it grey scale, and leave the "playing tv" as its original color ( white and red)

Its just my oppinion, since it would look nice, but its your chooise.

Another aspect like Toorik refered was the background... thats why the grey would feet almost every website.

But other than that, I really enjoy the way they are made, altough also make them a bit "smaller" ?

EpicRaptor    0

What I mean is go for a scale of greys and leave the logo as its original color.

For example:

The youtube one. Make it grey scale, and leave the "playing tv" as its original color ( white and red)

Another aspect like Toorik refered was the background... thats why the grey would feet almost every website.

But other than that, I really enjoy the way they are made, altough also make them a bit "smaller" ?

I think he should keep it this way, it would look kind of dull if the background was just grey. He could also try doing both and just seeing which one looks best.

Valkerion    0

For example:

I think he should keep it this way, it would look kind of dull if the background was just grey. He could also try doing both and just seeing which one looks best.

Agreed the thing is the colours corrospond to these websites chosen theme colour everybody knows the facebook blue for example so it helps for quick identification

Slute    1

Very nice and simple, I actually like the colors.

PCJames    202

Simple and professional top job

Sin    127

Got to agree with kakan. Maybe not grey, but some other neutral colour.

Couldn't design my way out of a paper bag, but I do know and appreciate good design when I see it. While your buttons are beautiful, crisp, and friendly, the colours are a little loud (and the buttons themselves perhaps a bit large). Try muting the colours of the button itself, and enhancing the logo of the sites they lead to.

GingerHippo    4

Got to agree with kakan. Maybe not grey, but some other neutral colour.

Couldn't design my way out of a paper bag, but I do know and appreciate good design when I see it. While your buttons are beautiful, crisp, and friendly, the colours are a little loud (and the buttons themselves perhaps a bit large). Try muting the colours of the button itself, and enhancing the logo of the sites they lead to.

Thanks for the feedback. The button size on here is so you can see them clearly without any struggle. I will try and change the colours, the reasoning of the colours that are on now is because that's the colour base of the logo that's being used on each one.