Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:06
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
AstroNaught

Cessna Moving Over Time

Question

Hey there everyone,

I've got a bit of an issue that I'd like to see if I can find a solution to, but I don't know if it's just something I have to deal with playing Epoch.

So, when I've landed my Recon Cessna, it moves a fair amount before I come on the next day, as much as a few hundred meters from last night where I'd left it. I'm guessing this can be attributed to the fact that the Cessna bounces around whenever you're not in it, but I'm asking whether or not it's possible to park it in a way that renders it unable to move as much as it currently does.

Any help would be appreciated because it's kind of difficult to get a Cessna out of a treeline...

13 answers to this question

Pyrah    1

You could park a car infront of it? It's a risk but planes are usually pretty tough, then just drive the car away when you want to use the plane?

As you say they bounce around like crazy!!

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

You could always try using sandbags or something like that, I'd also suggest building a helipad, with walls on the sides, it would take a long time but your vehicle would be secure from then on. You could just get some walls and build around it, then make sure you have enough space to fly off and land without damaging anything.

Hope I helped man!

It depends though. Are you landing it on flat ground or is it a slight hill there? Because that could be the issue

Mikachu    26

The issue probably lies in the fact they currently on Epoch vehicles spawn after map buildings but before player built stuff. So if you built around it it would slide inside a object and likely explode.

I would suggest placing a large barrier around it, or finding somewhere that it doesn't matter if it slides

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

The issue probably lies in the fact they currently on Epoch vehicles spawn after map buildings but before player built stuff. So if you built around it it would slide inside a object and likely explode.

I would suggest placing a large barrier around it, or finding somewhere that it doesn't matter if it slides

Not anymore, I believe.

I've seen plenty of bases that have 'helipads' made from wood with a helicopter on it. And they're still there after the server restarts so vehicles load in after the player builts.

Mikachu    26

Not anymore, I believe.

I've seen plenty of bases that have 'helipads' made from wood with a helicopter on it. And they're still there after the server restarts so vehicles load in after the player builts.

It still happens, just the delay is very short now so it doesn't mostly. At least 2 vehicles died due to this in this restart cycle :)

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Not anymore, I believe.

It still happens, just the delay is very short now so it doesn't mostly. At least 2 vehicles died due to this in this restart cycle :)

Oh.. Oh god. *wakes up and moves herricopter*

Rolle    2970

Admins can move vehicles stuck in a treeline for you. Just PM them :troll:

Osaka    27

We have a specific spot at Pobeda which parks the Cessna perfectly. It's a little pit in the ground where all sides have a little slope upwards. The plane will still bounce around, but remain in that little pit. But it can taxi out on it's own power with ease.

Many of these spots exist, try that unless you want to poke an admin everytime your plane moves itself into a tree.

And be sure to avoid this from happening;

[video=youtube]

(epic mode around 2:15)

GingerHippo    4

As said above, you could build a heli-pad but in normal DayZ, you have to have an item placed inside a vehicle for it to now slip or move anywhere whilst it's left in a certain position. Maybe try and this and then come back with a response?

Slute    1

I can confirm that placing sandbags, or tank traps in front of the vehicle will cause no damage and will stop the plane from moving.

Quick tip though, dont be right under it when constructing the sand bags, it will shoot you into the air :P

Chris    63

Admins can move vehicles stuck in a treeline for you. Just PM them :troll:

I can confirm that placing sandbags, or tank traps in front of the vehicle will cause no damage and will stop the plane from moving.

Quick tip though, dont be right under it when constructing the sand bags, it will shoot you into the air :P