Server time: 2017-08-20, 19:28

Sign in to follow this  
Mazerxce

Not knowing how to reply to threads

Mazerxce    0

I'm new here, and have been waiting to be accepted for the whitelist. My place has fluctuated a number of times but is currently staying below 20. I'm not entirely sure how it works but (correct me if I'm wrong) the less active you are in the forums, the more likely you are to move backwards in the queue. The problem with this is that although I often look at threads and feel like I have nothing to contribute at all so therefore just don't reply at all. I mean, I can see this is a nice and welcoming community but I just feel like it's difficult to interact with people on the forum as I have not had any communication outside of the forum. What would the best way for me to get to know you guys while I wait for my whitelist application? You all seem pretty cool so do you guys think I should join the teamspeak server and play games other than DayZ with the community? Or something like that?

Yuval    2

Plenty of people play other games than RP, see if people are playing stuff like that on the TS channels (diff games have diff channels) and join them.

Pyrah    1

Where's Pandi?!

Anyway I do not believe forum activity makes any difference to your application. Your application may be pushed back as donators have donated which gets their application reviewed first or the fact somebody may have written 10,000 words which means in theory they have put a lot of effort in and end up closer to the front.

However you will be seen to and it will be worth the wait. It's worth being active on the forum and talking to people, always be sure to be use the "search function" and enjoy your time here.

Burgz    6

I don't think it genuinely has an effect on your whitelist app it's more, if you are really active and show maturity, then it will probably have an effect, but if you don't post it wont negatively affect you. Just post anywhere and everywhere, if you are going down in the queue, then you might want to think about donating?

Mazerxce    0

Thanks guys for the suggestion but I think after reading the FAQ and the fact that I've gone forward 3 places since I posted this makes it seem to me that forum activity does make a difference. I could be wrong but it does seem to make a difference.

EDIT: make that 5 places

Sin    114

... or it could be due to the fact that I'm processing whitelists now.

Posting on the forum definitely helps. We can sort whitelists several different ways, I like to sort them based on 'activity', so the more forum posts you make, etc, the higher up you'll go in that particular sort.

Don't worry about getting to know people. Just participate. Most of the people I 'know' here I know only through the forums. If you have something to say, say it.

The 'Off Topic' section is always a good place to post, it's where I mainly only post, as I don't really play on the server anymore. I mean, posts here are great. They go from other games, to political debates, to tv shows. Look at some thread and reply, easy as that.

Jamesy    0

I don't really talk much on the forums either. I mainly just read threads.

Only until now that I've actually started to post more frequently. But like Sin said, if you have something to say then definitely say it.

Mazerxce    0

Thanks for all the feedback guys and I know, I've been posting on a few of the CS:GO threads here. Also Sin, I thought that might be it... I just hope I don't move back again from forgetting to post or something xD.

You all seem pretty cool

giphy.gif

The problem with this is that although I often look at threads and feel like I have nothing to contribute at all so therefore just don't reply at all. I mean, I can see this is a nice and welcoming community but I just feel like it's difficult to interact with people on the forum as I have not had any communication outside of the forum.

When I started out here there was only one person I met in-game. The rest I met by just randomly posting in threads. It's how I got to know practically everyone I know now (and I know quite some people).. If you have something interesting to say, say it, and if it is in fact interesting, people will notice. I surely will. And I will stalk you. And I might even flirt with you. In a totally non-homosexual way. If you're male. Which I am guessing you are. Balance of probability and all that.

do you guys think I should join the teamspeak server and play games other than DayZ with the community? Or something like that?

If you think that's fun, sure, go for it. Sometimes there is karaoke night on TS when people get drunk and sing songs. My confidence is too low to participate in such antics (although drunk I would probably have no problem with it), but there's always people willing to do something. Personally I've rarely played games with anyone in the community. Not even DayZRP. Last time I actually played it weekly was May. Then I joined staff. :P

If you have something to say, say it.

Boobs.

Mush    2

Honestly, posting on the forums will get you to know people rather well. Before I started using the forums everyday, I'd just go in-game and chill, not knowing anyone. Using the forums however, you slowly learn peoples names and stuff, it's good. Sometimes, the forums is the best part!

Mazerxce    0

Gijs I like you, you're cool and yeah I'm male though flirting is still welcome ;) and Afterfall, Brian is life. Brina is love. Brian is in all of us.

Jamesy    0

You should also PM some people as well, just to start getting to know them.

I recommend PM'ing: Pandi, TheMushM, Astycc, Gina, TheTanteTerror and Gina! :)

I like this thread, but youre right, if you dont feel you should post somewhere, then you dont have to.. My first posts after my joining thread were in reports i think, lol.

O yea take a look at the SVR clanthread, its the place to be.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-journal-entry-character-background

Thats one of the first things I ever wrote on this forum by the way I loved the feedback I actually got on that......assholes :P

But honestly just post random stuff if you want like I could have pointed out that Ryan James said Gina twice :P then make a joke out of it that he likes her more than the other admins etc.

Also I do this thing where I talk to people on the forum as if I know them when I really don't seems to work quite well

kakan    0

Dont forget to pm Gina twice ;)

Yeah because remember guys Gina never responds to the first PM :P

kakan    0

I think it is because women shouldn't look available and desperate, read it in a teen magazine jk

I think it is because women shouldn't look available and desperate, read it in a teen magazine jk

Yeah i think iv read that magazine it says that women like a man whos persistent :P hence the 2 PMs

On-Topic:

This is a great example of how to reply to threads by the way just a random back and forth about nothing interesting in particular just for a laugh

Mazerxce    0

Yeah i think iv read that magazine it says that women like a man whos persistent :P hence the 2 PMs

On-Topic:

This is a great example of how to reply to threads by the way just a random back and forth about nothing interesting in particular just for a laugh

Really? *starts taking notes*

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

Haha i like this thread its so random xD <3