Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:24
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
ShadowDrakgon

Switching from console to PC

So hey guys I have decided to switch to PC gaming full time because I find myself having more fun on my laptop and playing with some lots of new people and having great experiences. You see right now I play DayZRP and all other of my games on my laptop and quite frankly I have no idea where it starts when buying a gaming PC so I wanted to make this thread for me and any other who are switching to PC gaming from console to hopefully find tips on like how to switch and what to buy and were to buy from. I'll say that there is no price range since I want to explore my options and see what types of gaming PC's the community suggests!

Whitefur    4

I suggest building your own, its quick, easy, and costs a lot less then buying one premade

Edit: Is this link useful?

ZoCr    0

There are tons of tutorials online that can help you chose your perfect pc

I know Austin Evans ( http://www.youtube.com/user/duncan33303 ) has tutorials from $200 gaming pc to $1500 and many in between for you to chose from. All of them have gaming in mind with the build :)

PCJames    202

I personally bought a buffed up home computer and over bought faster parts for it

Welcome to the PC Master Race :D

I feel special. :D

So how does water cooling work? It sounds scary like do I have to refill it and stuff or?

tnkydoe    14

It is a big pricey switch but is totally worth it. I am currently on the same boat as you, im just saving up to buy my PC :D I have learned building is the way to go as it will save you money and a lot of the time will get you deals(bundles etc....)

tnkydoe    14

Should I buy one off a website and also should I go with AMD or Nivida and Intel?

Or should I custom make one off a website?

http://pcpartpicker.com/

This website will be your bestfriend. It will show you parts only compatible with parts you choose etc... It will also filter the parts through all major pc websites to find you the best deals and bundles. As far as CPU goes it seems intel is better but for a GPU i would pick a card out of the new r9 series from amd as they are superior and cheaper then nvidia cards :D

ZoCr    0

Should I buy one off a website and also should I go with AMD or Nivida and Intel?

Its totally up to you man, usually its more expensive to customize one online, but not always. If you live close to a PC store making one yourself might be a better option. As for AMD Nvidia or Intel: AMD is less exspensive for CPUs vs Intel but Intel usually has better quality. AMD GPU's are good but the newer Nvidia cards have come out with shadow play witch might be worth checking out if you want to get into youtube or twitch steaming.

For GPU's you can find a comparison chart here: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

It might not be entirely accurate, but it certainly helped me.

Whitefur    4

I always get warning points when i say that :(

Prince    119

What console are you switching from? From my personal experience you need to buy a controller to use on your pc, it makes the transition easier.

What console are you switching from? From my personal experience you need to buy a controller to use on your pc, it makes the transition easier.

Xbox 360/Xbox One.

I already know my way around keyboard and mouse I'm just fully switching to PC gaming.

This website will be your bestfriend. It will show you parts only compatible with parts you choose etc... It will also filter the parts through all major pc websites to find you the best deals and bundles. As far as CPU goes it seems intel is better but for a GPU i would pick a card out of the new r9 series from amd as they are superior and cheaper then nvidia cards :D

I plan on recording some of my series so and I heard that if I was to record that I should try to get a Nivida and also what is the performance like with a AMD card and a Intel CPU vs a AMD with a AMD and a Intel with a Nivida

ZoCr    0

Xbox 360/Xbox One.

I already know my way around keyboard and mouse I'm just fully switching to PC gaming.

I plan on recording some of my series so and I heard that if I was to record that I should try to get a Nivida and also what is the performance like with a AMD card and a Intel CPU vs a AMD with a AMD and a Intel with a Nivida

I've used a AMD GPU with an Intel CPU and it worked fine, granted AMD's drivers messed me up, an AMD CPU might have done me better. I now use a Nvidia GPU with an Intel CPU and it works wonders. IMO the brands don't matter when it comes to CPU and GPU cooperation.

So I built a PC and it cost a total of 1491$ and I'll post the specs if you want to know them but I wanted to know if you guys think that's it to expensive or to cheap?

Hofer    20

So I built a PC and it cost a total of 1491$ and I'll post the specs if you want to know them but I wanted to know if you guys think that's it to expensive or to cheap?

That is a fine amount if you can afford it of course. I would like to see the specs though!

Vector    0

its a good price but I would also like to see the specs

if you would like to learn more I would recommend subscribing to linus tech tips on youtube he will teach you the way

Hofer    20

I reccomend you look around on the Alienware website. http://www.alienware.com/

And I do not recommend that at all. Build your own, don't overpay for a brand when you can get a much better specced PC for less money.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

As Hofer said, unless you are seriously incapable of building your own PC, never ever buy a pre-built one, they charge you 20%+ onto the price of the parts, the PC I have currently, cost me £850, but the same specs with less RAM from CyberPower was £150 more.

Hofer    20

As Hofer said, unless you are seriously incapable of building your own PC, never ever buy a pre-built one, they charge you 20%+ onto the price of the parts, the PC I have currently, cost me £850, but the same specs with less RAM from CyberPower was £150 more.

I can also add that it is very easy to build one. You can use Youtube tutorials if necessary aswell.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I can also add that it is very easy to build one. You can use Youtube tutorials if necessary aswell.

Indeed it is, you can use YouTube, Reddit, whatever, there are plenty of guides around the internet, my uncle tought me how to install all the separate parts, then let me do it myself, was fun!

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy