Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:53

Sign in to follow this  
DancingDumpling

Seat Switching Rule

A rule should be put in place that makes it you cant get in the driver seat unless he gets out and actually goes to the driver seat door. From personal experience I got carjacked when the driver got out he *Slid* through the tiny little hole in the back of the ural/Kamaz etc. A rule should be put in place to stop this as it is wildly unrealistic and so annoying.

Burgz    6

I don't think it should be, it is within the Arma mechanics, you could maybe class it as BadRP, but it's not really worth it. It's not that difficult to keep your hostage away from the driver's seat, just stay in it until he is away from the car.

Dottastic    0

If you have 2 or more people, make sure one person is always in the driver seat.

If you are alone, you better be a good shot ;)

There are ways to prevent this and i dont think there should be an additional rule

Slute    1

I would make it against the rules if someone else is in the car with you. Realistically speaking, someone else in the car will pull you back away from the drivers seat instead of letting you climb on through.

I don't see a problem with it as long as no one else is getting in the car though. You could realistically climb to the front no problem.

You say it's unrealistic? No one is going to argue with you on that. But think of this from the staff's point of view. How are they possibly going to enforce this? There are dozens of things that are possible within the game mechanics but don't make sense IRL. You can't expect to have specific rules for all of them, can you?

There is one rule: bad RP. Think metagaming. Exploiting game mechanics. And possibly what you are describing here. If it ever comes up in a report and it can actually be proven, well, then I bet people will get banned. No need for any specific rules.

Soren    0

Blame the Arma developers. It doesn't make sence to be able to jump into a car without opening the door first. Why didn't they make it so when you glitch 'Get in Driver Seat' your character opens the door, gets in and then close the door? Who knows.

It doesn't make sence though from a roleplay point of view that you can jump from the trunk of the Ural to the front seat, that's true, but that's just how the Arma developers made it. We won't really go in and edit that. Not that I know if it's even possible.

People can and will get banned for abusing game mechanics that doesn't make much sence roleplay wise. I can't say specifically if anyone would be banned in a case like this, it depents on the circumstances, but it could be possible.

Reptile449    0

This reminds me of a certain beagle video ;D

Basic rule of hostage transport, never get out the vehicle as the driver.

Whitefur    4

#toomanyrules applies to this thread. A lot of these suggestions I find are covered by existing rules anyway. If someone steals a car with no one in the drivers seat that COULD possibly classify as Bad RP and/or no regard for life (if you would probably die). It all depends on the situation however.

Apfelsator    2

Otherwise, in a car you can easily switch from the backseat to the driver seat in a few seconds(well, still not as fast as you can in arma), i did this myself in different cars and many times so you would have to precise that rule only for trucks and the question is, how could you enforce this rule then?

There is no "proof" except you have a video of the event.

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

Like naury said... It is possible but irl it would take longer.

Owen    13

This reminds me of a certain beagle video ;D

Basic rule of hostage transport, never get out the vehicle as the driver.

I've seen that video.

But I think it's fine how it is though. You always keep someone seated in the driver seat. That's the number 1 rule in Arma 2.

Guest AntonRegteren   
Guest AntonRegteren

I like the idea myself, but I am not sure yet :P

Hofer    20

There is unfortunately no way we can enforce this.

Closing.