Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:09

Sign in to follow this  
JACKxRAWR

Donation Exchange 'Trade In'

Would you be interested in this system? (Explain your answer)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in this system? (Explain your answer)

• Yes
    • Maybe, but with some changes
    • No

JACKxRAWR    0

I'm sure we've all been here - picking out a new skin on the donation exchange for a new character to roleplay as. Well, I'm sure some of us (myself included) have made a poor decision and realised this as soon as you spawn in wearing whatever you picked out.

Don't you wish you could just swap?

I'm not proposing a system where you can instantly switch out what you chose for whatever else, maybe a system of one owned skin a month being able to be swapped for another of equal value on the exchange. This time cap would allow time for people to effectively make their mind up on the skin they've chosen, whilst not creating a system where people can switch the skin straight away for no particular reason.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I bought a skin, did not like the color, used it only once for less than 5 minutes.

I would like to be able to change the color of similiar skin (Guerilla 4 to Guerilla 3).

DinoB    20

Yes this would be great, once when I bought a skin, I missclicked, and had to buy it again (that is completely my fault, but still this would be nice).

Soren    0

This should not be a thing, as it's not how the system works.

You receive the skin as a gift for your donation. You can donate to receive more, but you are stuck with this one you got because you picked it. It might not cost anything for Rolle to give you another skin, but imagine it like a online music store. You might buy a song, and you realize that it's a good song for a few days but then you get tired of it. Should you be able to return it/delete it and receive a new one? No. Because while the song remains intact because it's one out of a million copies, it lost it's value for you. I remember Goz using this example once, good guy.

If you want another skin, donate for it. Otherwise people will just want a new skin whenever they are tired of the previous one. And you only need one skin, since you can't wear multiple at once. Even if it was with a month inbetween it wouldn't make sence.

Want to know more about the skin before buying it? Check out this thread displaying a detailed view of each and every skin in a video. Or checkout this thread to see if it shows backpack. Or even this thread to see if it shows XML. Problem solved.

Whitefur    4

I can see people abusing this though and donations will be lowered

Hence the problem with it.

Slute    1

This has already been suggested before and declined.

Rolle does not want people getting refunds or trading for donating. The key word is donating.

You donate to the server and as a gift you get the skins, yes most people donate for the skins, but Rolle does not believe in this.

Alan Woods    3

No.

Tho it's not a bad idea, the skins are gifts, not stuff you bought.

You donated and received a token, you didn't buy anything.

Next time be more careful of what you choose in the exchange menu and research it carefully ingame, see if it fits your tastes.

Rolle    2453

We do refunds and swaps in case you buy a wrong skin accidentally and haven't used it or have used a skin only for a day / once and you don't like it.

Implementing a system where you can "rent" skins out for a month wouldn't work, firstly because of the the reason Soren wrote and secondly because the exchange code wasn't written for that in mind, it would require an extensive overhaul and rewrite.

We do refunds and swaps in case you buy a wrong skin accidentally and haven't used it or have used a skin only for a day / once and you don't like it.

Implementing a system where you can "rent" skins out for a month wouldn't work, firstly because of the the reason Soren wrote and secondly because the exchange code wasn't written for that in mind, it would require an extensive overhaul and rewrite.

Does that mean I can get rid of my SOBR 1 ?

Only used it once.

Rolle    2453

Does that mean I can get rid of my SOBR 1 ?

Only used it once.

If you don't like it or want to use it - yes, just PM me the order ID.

DinoB    20

If not "rent", maybe like a "tryout" for one day to see if the skin is good or not, like a lot of times I bought skins, and realized they don't show glasses, and never wore them...

Alan Woods    3

If not "rent", maybe like a "tryout" for one day to see if the skin is good or not, like a lot of times I bought skins, and realized they don't show glasses, and never wore them...

You can do that ingame,with the editor,not too hard...

Also on the 2D editor,you'll be able to see if glasses appear.