Server time: 2017-10-17, 04:02
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DancingDumpling

Epoch Tavi - Chernarus is stale

Taviana - Yes or No?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Taviana - Yes or No?

Instead of Chernarus I think we should have Taviana since its a better map, More balanced and a better looking map in general. It would work well with Taviana as it is a fresh map and better locations. It has Better FPS aswell.

tnkydoe    14

-snip-

DanielBond    0

I think it would change it up a bit and make it a bit more fresh, but whether people will be willing to move to another map they might not be familiar with? I don't know, but I vote yes.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

+1 for tavi!

Perhaps a poll should be held?

Edit: Please ignore my stupidity...

tnkydoe    14

Instead of Chernarus I think we should have Taviana since its a better map, More balanced and a better looking map in general. It would work well with Taviana as it is a fresh map and better locations. It has Better FPS aswell.

No.

Why: Taviana is a HUGE map. Player interaction is low on epoch already, adding a bigger map will bring it down to almost 0. The fps is actually worse on taviana aswell. We have tried new maps before and as much as players beg for them, when they come the servers are dead.

Bush    22

Well we tried to have Epoch Panthera, but nobody played at it. It was a pain in the ass to get it to work properly.

A lot of people have also began to finish their bases, the RP will be overwhelming soon (hopefully), switching to Taviana will make people lose their progress on their base, which they find annyoing since it's so hard to build one.

DinoB    20

Namalsk. PLEASE

paddy414    0

why not have both im getting fed up trying to log into epoch every night its ridiculous

Chris    63

New maps have been tried, community polls, etc. End of the day, not enough people switch to the new map for us to keep it around.

New maps have been tried, community polls, etc. End of the day, not enough people switch to the new map for us to keep it around.

We would need to promote the map as much as possible then, Events etc

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Put up a good map then I will join it no matter how many people are in it.

(I hate Panthera)

Namalsk or Tavi "and you got be babe"

Mikachu    26

Epoch wise I would love to do this but -

If ever happens it will not be for a long long time.

Every customisation needs editing for a separate map and I can only work on the one at the moment.

Chris    63

Put up a good map then I will join it no matter how many people are in it.

(I hate Panthera)

Namalsk or Tavi "and you got be babe"

Taviana was tried in the past, and failed to capture players attention. Personally, I think Taviana is an ugly map, smooth gradiants and lack of brush makes everything but the cities feel very user-created.

Namalsk has been suggested in the past; I think our biggest issue with that map is the locations and dispersal of loot spawns create a very small, PvP atmosphere.

Not trying to seem like Im shutting you down, just letting you know why its unlikely that those maps will be present in the near future.

I think it would change it up a bit and make it a bit more fresh, but whether people will be willing to move to another map they might not be familiar with? I don't know, but I vote yes.

that would be actual a argument to do this :P.

#cutforadifferentmapeveryday :P

paddy414    0

i understand that but s1 is usless atm epoch has thrived ive been sat here at my computer for 20mins trying to get into it.its stupid ive heard alot of people ask for namalask why not try that? did we have a poll for namalask?

not sure if this is a stupid question but why not have another chernarus epoch ( if we can) thats been a massive hit

Mikachu    26

A other Chernarus epoch is a lot more feasible. Issue is it would create a S1/S2 server situation only x1000 because a clans base would only be on one server

Chris    63

Simple answer is that Epoch was an easy, temporary fix until our mod was repaired, and the patch is going to be rolled out very soon. No guarentee that Epoch will even stick around, once RP mod is back up.

paddy414    0

Simple answer is that Epoch was an easy, temporary fix until our mod was repaired, and the patch is going to be rolled out very soon. No guarentee that Epoch will even stick around, once RP mod is back up.

id rather the normal servers although i like epoch (when i can get in) i mis the old skool days

Matt    24

I do not actually want a new map i love chernarus it is what i think what a zombie games map should be like

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Was tried with Panthera. Barely anyone played and it was deleted, how would Namalsk differ to this ?