Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:34
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Oldman

Server restarts and player count on epoch

Oldman    22

Problem 1: last hour of sever uptime is a bit desyncisch.

Solution: 4 hour restart cycle. Fits in 24hours perfect.

Problem 2: 50/50 players online, finger hurts from spamming enter.

Solution: extra slot for donaters:P:P:P:P:P, no JK I mean maybe 60/60 for Epoch. It should handle it with the 4 hour restart cycle.

added colors so more serious.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

#Oldman4Rolle

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I agree with this partly, the server is full at peak times, and it needs more slots, it will give more people the chance to play and increase interaction anyway.

Although the restart is a good idea in theory, it may not work as Epoch is hosted with the normal RP, not sure if this would cause problems, if not I don't see why both of these couldn't happen.

+1

GingerHippo    4

Love the ideas. Maybe instead of "Donaters" the "Contributors" should get priority in reserved slots as they have donated lots more towards the server instead of the people have only donated £5 like myself.

Mikachu    26

No idea about restart times, up to Rolle etc.

As for upping player it will not happen under my watch. Epoch has weird issues where above 50 players it gets REALLY glitchy and desyncy (is that a word?)

Oldman    22

No idea about restart times, up to Rolle etc.

As for upping player it will not happen under my watch. Epoch has weird issues where above 50 players it gets REALLY glitchy and desyncy (is that a word?)

Even at 51? pweeeese

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

DayZRP Epoch server 2?

Kravock    1

DayZRP Epoch server 2?

If we run another epoch server it would have to have different player and base data as issues with ghosting into bases will happen.

Mikachu    26

^this

Besides the fix for RP looks super promising so hopefully both servers will fill and balance out :)

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

DayZRP Epoch server 2?

If we run another epoch server it would have to have different player and base data as issues with ghosting into bases will happen.

I fail to see that as a problem, I would rather have a server to play on even if it used a different database, than a single server that is always full.

LumberJack    18

DayZRP Epoch server 2?

I fail to see that as a problem, I would rather have a server to play on even if it used a different database, than a single server that is always full.

I mean or we get vanilla dayzrp fixed and everyone is happy? Many people play on epoch play on epoch over dayzrp vanilla because of it's issues, and many people never play on s1 cause no one is on. Redirect the focus to vanilla, get the problems fixed, and everything would return to normal. Another epoch server would make my head explode.

Kravock    1

Yeah hopefully people start coming back to S1. 1.3.2.2 should fix all major issues

DinoB    20

Yeah hopefully people start coming back to S1. 1.3.2.2 should fix all major issues

What's the ETA on that?

So I know if I should start studying, or play RP :P

DarkStyle    46

What's the ETA on that?

F the school.#RpIsTheWayToLearn

Kravock    1

What's the ETA on that?

When Rolle uploads the files.

Oldman    22

Ok scratch the more player slots. This leaves us with the restart timer.

24/4 seems better then 24/5 in my opinion. That fifth hour is killing it.

Kravock    1

Ok scratch the more player slots. This leaves us with the restart timer.

24/4 seems better then 24/5 in my opinion. That fifth hour is killing it.

I will discuss this with Rolle

Regarding the restart cycle: I remember discussing that with some people in the shoutbox a loooooong time ago. We came up with 24/5 (which leaves you with 1 hour short to complete the last cycle, which is why it seems off) because 5 is an odd number. This means that instead of it always being night after the (for example) 12:00 restart, it will be night every other day.

To further elaborate...

(Day 1)

03:00 - Night

08:00 - Day

12:00 - Night

17:00 - Day

22:00 - Night

(Day 2)

03:00 - Day

08:00 - Night

etc

See how the cycle switches? It is meant to do that. It means that people that can only play in a certain period of time don't always have to play in day or night. Let's say you can only play between 22:00 and 24:00 every day. Wouldn't you want to sometimes play in daylight, and sometimes at nighttime? Well, with an odd number of cycles that's possible. Otherwise, it isn't.

24 can't be divided properly by an odd number, so four cycles of 5 hours and fifth one of 4 hours is as good as it's gonna get.

Edit: I feel as if I'm missing something. If I'm talking shit you should just slap me. Perhaps Epoch doesn't even have nighttime? :P

Chris    63

Epoch does have night. Really helps the US players, if it wasn't for the rotating system I'd always have to play at night. While night time is nice, so is day. I like the variety. I really wish desynch wasn't an issue :(

Oldman    22

Since night time is important lets have drop the idea that we need a perfect cycle. Lets have 4 hour restarts at prime time and swtch it with one 6 hour during down time.

Primetime is after dinner in Europe. Wich is from 7pm server time till about midnight. then the player coint drops.

Ther restart is now at 22pm and from 20 till 22 there is more dezync and last night we even had yellow chain of death with a quick following of no message received.

Suggestion:

all times are server time:

00.00 - 06.00

06.00 - 12.00

12.00 - 16.00

16.00 - 20.00 prime time

20.00 - 00.00 prime time

or this

02.00 - 08.00

08.00 - 14.00

14.00 - 18.00

18.00 - 22.00 prime time

22.00 - 02.00 prime time

The second one is better, it covers more prime time in my opinion. You still have 5 periods for alternate cycles. I hope this is possible.

naury42    0

Moar slots!

Yes. Yesterday my fingers were dead after trying to connect for half hour.

Moar slots!

Me too Naury!

Chris    63

Moar slots!

Moar slots!

Moar slots!

Me too Naury!

Guise. More slots are not possible. Full stop.

We have tried it before, and the lag is AWFUL. Even with just 10 more slots.