Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:15

Sign in to follow this  
Teas

New Job Offer

Teas    1

Ok so some of you may know that I'm in the Army, if not I'm in the Army.

Well this morning I was summoned to my Troop Commanders office and offered a 2 year posting to the School of Royal Artillery as an instructor of Phase 2 recruits. Comes with a promotion as the rank required is one up from my own.

I'm going to go visit the school at the end of the month to see how they do business and make my decision from there.

Looks like I have some thinking to do. I tend to consult my wife on these matters but as she's at work and I've just finished I thought I'd share with you lot.

It gives me a stable few years with the impending arrival of my very own little human to look after, there's no danger of being deployed during this time. So things are looking up as I've been smashed with Afghanistan and Air Assault Task Force this last year and a half.

Which means plenty of time to play DayZ in the coming months, something I'm rather pleased about. Yay!

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Congratulations man!

Pyrah    1

I don't see a downside from that?

Me I'd go for it, knowing I can be around for my baby and my own little human would seal the deal (see what I did there I made out DayZ was your "baby" lol).

Anyway whatever you decide, all the best!!

Teas    1

Cheers, yeah not too much downside. Think I'm going to reserve my expectations of what it may be like until I've been for that visit and a chat with a few lads that have done it before.

The term "it's like hearding cats" gets mentioned a lot when discussing training recruits.

Does your payscale increase with this promotion?

Indeed it does.

Yeah, I reckon you should get a feel of what they do and see if it's in you best interest and then make your decision from there (That's what I would do)

Sin    113

Cheers, yeah not too much downside. Think I'm going to reserve my expectations of what it may be like until I've been for that visit and a chat with a few lads that have done it before.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. Hope it turns out well for you. Wouldn't mind seeing you around a bit more often, either.

Stagsview    587

Sounds like a sweet deal to tell the truth but what will you doing in this new job? What are the rolls? Anyway i think your wife would be happy that you would be of the front. But im just hoping that the boys will come now TBO.

Remember the fallen #100

Ego    1

Been an instructor is a great way to earn a living, still the same enviroment but in a safer manner, I say go for it. You can always revert back to your previous role if you don't enjoy been an instructor.

tnkydoe    14

More time for dayz?! Sounds good to me:D

Teas    1

We have a saying in Finland : Rather a moron than in the artillery.

Hahaha, love it. I wasn't always Artillery I was helicopter groundcrew with the Army Air Corps for a few years before i transferred to be a UAV Pilot in the Artillery. Long story.

Our thicky prize goes to the RLC Royal Logistic Corps or "Rejects Last Chance".

Reptile449    0

Sounds great, congratulations :D After your 2 year posting do you have a chance to stay on or do something else similar?

Teas    1

Sounds great, congratulations :D After your 2 year posting do you have a chance to stay on or do something else similar?

I'll go back to my current job but as a commander rather than a pilot, this will set me back though as i will have skill fade from the 2 years not doing my actual job.

But doing a stint in a training establishment is held in quite high regard so it puts me ahead of the pack in some respects.

Sin    113

I'll go back to my current job but as a commander rather than a pilot, this will set me back though as i will have skill fade from the 2 years not doing my actual job.

But doing a stint in a training establishment is held in quite high regard so it puts me ahead of the pack in some respects.

I can't help but to think that your benefactor might have other things in mind for you by then. Either he or someone he knows.

But yeah, I'd do it for the prestige alone. Assuming teaching is something you can do.

Teas    1

I can't help but to think that your benefactor might have other things in mind for you by then. Either he or someone he knows.

But yeah, I'd do it for the prestige alone. Assuming teaching is something you can do.

Yeah I've been teaching/testing trained soldiers in certain things like Nuclear Warfare and Battlefield First Aid for a few years. But that's refresher training once a year for people that already know the subject matter.

It's a whole different ball game teaching this stuff to recruits. But the more I think about it now talking with you all, the more it appeals.

Matt    21

That job sounds allot better than being deployed i have family who are deployed allot i think it is definetly better if you do something what don't involve getting shot at ;)

Sounds like a great opportunity for you, especially with becoming a parent. Hopefully the transition is smooth for you, and the visit goes well.

Jack Kolb    0

We have a saying in Finland : Rather a moron than in the artillery.

I think in England it would be: Rather a moron than being in the RAF Regiment. :)

PCJames    152

Congrats, and I advise not to get drunk in front of your wife....

Teas    1

Congrats, and I advise not to get drunk in front of your wife....

No, no. Not after the Xmas mess function fiasco. I still don't know my limits and try and play last man standing with seasoned drinkers.

Thank for all the encouragement aswell, I've pretty much decided to take it, unless something puts me off during the visit which is highly unlikely.