Server time: 2018-06-19, 14:08

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dimitri926

DayzRP Should Be For RolePlayers

If you can afford a PC that can run Arma 2 as well as being able to buy Arma 2 OA, then you can afford a $10 mic. My microphone is literally worth $8 AUD.

That just doesn't really make sense in my opinion.

You can have the money for a pc and the game on one time but it is possible that you can't afford a mic on another time.

Don't conclude from your position on the position of others.

For example, i have like 180 Euros per month from wich i pay 140 for the rent, that means i have 40 euros left for food and everything else, a 10 euro mic is then 25% of the money i have left for myself in the month.

Even though the subject of financial management is completely irrelevent to the subject, I feel compelled to reply since it seems I've ruffled some feathers.

I'll reiterate. Anyone who can afford to buy a computer which can run Arma 2, as well as afford the game itself, can afford to buy a cheap as chips mic to go with it. If you can't afford to add $10 onto the bill, then I would argue that you cannot afford to buy the computer or the game and should maybe spend your money on other things.

Secondly, if you cant save $2 a week and buy a mic after 4-5 weeks then you need to rethink your financial planning.

Finally, if you reread my post you will see that I refer to AUD. This is short for Australian Dollar. As you can see in the same post, I bought my current, completely serviceable but admittedly shit mic for $8 AUD. At current conversion rates that is less than 5.30€. If you can't shave 5.30 from somewhere then you need to consider hobbies other than PC gaming.

Stop being argumentative for the sake of it and try to think and respond objectively.

Edit: I personally have no issue with people who use text only. I just don't interact with them any more than is necessary because I find it detracts from my experience.

So that's why you almost shot me for not speaking and typing to slow when I was kidnapped....

Thanks for the 'RP push' I use voice a lot more now. ;)

Me? No, I wouldn't do anything like that. I'm a lovely care-bear in game.

:troll:

Shut your mouth and be thankful I didn't shoot you.

Edit: I personally have no issue with people who use text only. I just don't interact with them any more than is necessary because I find it detracts from my experience.

So that's why you almost shot me for not speaking and typing to slow when I was kidnapped....

Thanks for the 'RP push' I use voice a lot more now. ;)

Me? No, I wouldn't do anything like that. I'm a lovely care-bear in game.

:troll:

Shut your mouth and be thankful I didn't shoot you.

Scared.gif

If you can afford a PC that can run Arma 2 as well as being able to buy Arma 2 OA, then you can afford a $10 mic. My microphone is literally worth $8 AUD.

That just doesn't really make sense in my opinion.

You can have the money for a pc and the game on one time but it is possible that you can't afford a mic on another time.

Don't conclude from your position on the position of others.

For example, i have like 180 Euros per month from wich i pay 140 for the rent, that means i have 40 euros left for food and everything else, a 10 euro mic is then 25% of the money i have left for myself in the month.

Even though the subject of financial management is completely irrelevent to the subject, I feel compelled to reply since it seems I've ruffled some feathers.

I'll reiterate. Anyone who can afford to buy a computer which can run Arma 2, as well as afford the game itself, can afford to buy a cheap as chips mic to go with it. If you can't afford to add $10 onto the bill, then I would argue that you cannot afford to buy the computer or the game and should maybe spend your money on other things.

Secondly, if you cant save $2 a week and buy a mic after 4-5 weeks then you need to rethink your financial planning.

Finally, if you reread my post you will see that I refer to AUD. This is short for Australian Dollar. As you can see in the same post, I bought my current, completely serviceable but admittedly shit mic for $8 AUD. At current conversion rates that is less than 5.30€. If you can't shave 5.30 from somewhere then you need to consider hobbies other than PC gaming.

Stop being argumentative for the sake of it and try to think and respond objectively.

Well, in my opinion it is not irrelevant as you are excluding people from being part of the community just based on the money they can spent for something they like.

Anyone could have got the pc and the game when the person had money for it or got it maybe as a gift but can still be in the position of not being able to spare even 5.30 Euro.

And that you think people who can't afford it should search another hobby just doesn't matter as i doubt that you can deside in what people can find entertainment and pleasure in their time.

And that you then argue with the other person having a bad financial planning if they can't spare the money is just you looking down on everyone who is poor and that is a behavior i don't like at all.

If you would ever lived with, let's stay with the example, 35 Euros a month, you wouldn't argue in such way.

And by live i mean everything from food and drinks to clothes and books and such.

And i'm being argumentative about this because you think you have the right to say other people shouldn't search their pleasure in this community if they can't afford a mic.

TL,DR:

While you can spare the money for a mic(no matter what prices), others maybe can't but they should still be able to be part of the community if they are following the rules as they could be good at roleplaying just like everyone else and should have the chance to do so.

I've been here for 6 months so far and some of the best RP comes from text chatters. Me and my friend RP as brothers and since his mic broke we came up with a story that his bandits cut his throat and he survived but his vocal cords were destroyed and he uses pen and paper to write. My mic is broken and also I'm sick with a raging soar throat from this #MericaWeather so I type and you have some really fun times though it may be a little slow at some points I think everyone should try it at-least once.

Well, in my opinion it is not irrelevant as you are excluding people from being part of the community just based on the money they can spent for something they like.

I'm starting to think you haven't fully read my posts. Nowhere, in any of my posts have I said that I want to exclude anyone. I merely state that I personally prefer people use voice or preferably, a combination of both voice and text. The talk of finance is irrelevant to the thread topic which is a discussion of the merits of text and voice RP.

Anyone could have got the pc and the game when the person had money for it or got it maybe as a gift but can still be in the position of not being able to spare even 5.30 Euro.

And that you think people who can't afford it should search another hobby just doesn't matter as i doubt that you can deside in what people can find entertainment and pleasure in their time.

I’m not trying to decide anything for anyone. It is my opinion that anyone who cannot scrape up ten dollars or less, whether it be over a number of weeks or days, needs to have a look at their financial planning and maybe make some changes. Of course there will be one or two cases in which extenuating circumstances prevent them. To suggest otherwise is stupid. But I would say that 99.9% of people should be capable of scrounging that kind of money.

And that you then argue with the other person having a bad financial planning if they can't spare the money is just you looking down on everyone who is poor and that is a behavior i don't like at all.

I’m not looking down on anyone. Multiple times throughout my life (now in fact), I have been in tough financial circumstances. I am quite familiar with making every dollar count. So don’t make false assumptions on my behaviour. Thanks.

If you would ever lived with, let's stay with the example, 35 Euros a month, you wouldn't argue in such way.

And by live i mean everything from food and drinks to clothes and books and such.

It’s funny you should say that. A while ago I injured my back. As a result I was bedridden for an extended period of time. I got royally fucked around by the company I worked for. While waiting for the little compensation I did get, I had zero income. For about 3 months. That’s right, I had to live on 0.00/wk. By ‘live’, I don’t just, mean food and drinks and clothes and such. I mean rent, electricity, water, internet, phone, fuel etc. So again, don’t make assumptions about what I would or wouldn’t do.

And i'm being argumentative about this because you think you have the right to say other people shouldn't search their pleasure in this community if they can't afford a mic.

I don’t think anything remotely similar to what you have just said. As stated in one of my previous posts, I have no issue with people who use text only. However, if I meet them in game I will generally move on quickly as I am of the opinion that text only RP detracts from my experience. Not once have I said that text only shouldn’t be allowed. So please, once more, don’t make uneducated assumptions about me or my thoughts and/or actions.

I will not be replying further on the matter in this thread. If you need anything else cleared up feel free to PM me.

Apologies for going so far off topic.

TL;DR No.

I'm starting to think you haven't fully read my posts. Nowhere, in any of my posts have I said that I want to exclude anyone. I merely state that I personally prefer people use voice or preferably, a combination of both voice and text. The talk of finance is irrelevant to the thread topic which is a discussion of the merits of text and voice RP.

I’m not trying to decide anything for anyone. It is my opinion that anyone who cannot scrape up ten dollars or less, whether it be over a number of weeks or days, needs to have a look at their financial planning and maybe make some changes. Of course there will be one or two cases in which extenuating circumstances prevent them. To suggest otherwise is stupid. But I would say that 99.9% of people should be capable of scrounging that kind of money.

I’m not looking down on anyone. Multiple times throughout my life (now in fact), I have been in tough financial circumstances. I am quite familiar with making every dollar count. So don’t make false assumptions on my behaviour. Thanks.

It’s funny you should say that. A while ago I injured my back. As a result I was bedridden for an extended period of time. I got royally fucked around by the company I worked for. While waiting for the little compensation I did get, I had zero income. For about 3 months. That’s right, I had to live on 0.00/wk. By ‘live’, I don’t just, mean food and drinks and clothes and such. I mean rent, electricity, water, internet, phone, fuel etc. So again, don’t make assumptions about what I would or wouldn’t do.

I don’t think anything remotely similar to what you have just said. As stated in one of my previous posts, I have no issue with people who use text only. However, if I meet them in game I will generally move on quickly as I am of the opinion that text only RP detracts from my experience. Not once have I said that text only shouldn’t be allowed. So please, once more, don’t make uneducated assumptions about me or my thoughts and/or actions.

I will not be replying further on the matter in this thread. If you need anything else cleared up feel free to PM me.

Apologies for going so far off topic.

TL;DR No.

Its unreadable on tapatalk, plz no white

I've been here for 6 months so far and some of the best RP comes from text chatters. Me and my friend RP as brothers and since his mic broke we came up with a story that his bandits cut his throat and he survived but his vocal cords were destroyed and he uses pen and paper to write. My mic is broken and also I'm sick with a raging soar throat from this #MericaWeather so I type and you have some really fun times though it may be a little slow at some points I think everyone should try it at-least once.

Pfft merica weather? Thats nothing try canadia weather

Its unreadable on tapatalk, plz no white

Yes, No white please, very hard to read

I was wondering why there was no text lol

This shits becoming a war faster than I expected...

Speaking as someone who at times CANNOT speak (my voice box/larynx get all messed up sometimes and I end up mute) The OP's statement is.. kind of annoying.

You say people without microphones; what about the people who can't speak, or have crippling or extremely embarassing speech impediments? they shouldn't play either?

A few people may recall a character I used to play, Regal HeartStone, DayZRP's wandering medic (hell I even got featured on youtube)

I got majorly messed up in a fight once as that character, roleplayed one hell of a enjoyable scene with some guys of getting me medical aid, but loosing the ability to speak (round to the throat)

For over two weeks, I Rped a mute dude using hand signs and writing; never had a complaint, some fond it amusing even

Guest MermaidMelu

Hey, I highly disagree saying that if you don't have a mic then DayZRP might not be for you.

People can create amazing roleplay through text, I've met people in the past with outstanding text roleplay. I hope you understand that even if you have a microphone or not, DayZRP still welcomes you in to the community, you can still play with text chat, it's just a little difficult.

I agree with this! I myself am a writer! Sure, I can voice RP, but holy crap I can RP the heck out of some text :P

Speaking as someone who at times CANNOT speak (my voice box/larynx get all messed up sometimes and I end up mute) The OP's statement is.. kind of annoying.

You say people without microphones; what about the people who can't speak, or have crippling or extremely embarassing speech impediments? they shouldn't play either?

A few people may recall a character I used to play, Regal HeartStone, DayZRP's wandering medic (hell I even got featured on youtube)

I got majorly messed up in a fight once as that character, roleplayed one hell of a enjoyable scene with some guys of getting me medical aid, but loosing the ability to speak (round to the throat)

For over two weeks, I Rped a mute dude using hand signs and writing; never had a complaint, some fond it amusing even

BRILLIANT!

BRILLIANT!

I've been pondering doing it again with my current Epoch guy once a reports solved, have him wake up all bandaged and the like but majorly mute, add a little more fun oddity t othe world

*lets out a slow, strangled huff before slapping his forehead and staring back at the bandits; deciding to have a little fun with them by pointing at his neck and pulling down his scarf; this sucker almost has two mouthes; don't expect lively chatter*

Mic is fine in its own way.

Text is fine in its own way.

Profit?

Why has this thread gotten this amount of attention? Especielly from a fellow that wrote this thread the way he did before he was even whitelisted.

*Tom suddenly realizes he is contributing through his reply*((And I just had the balls to post an RP text emote. amagawd!))

..uh..lets go post pictures of unicorns in Othuyeg's church of brian thread instead or something.

Mic is fine in its own way.

Text is fine in its own way.

Profit?

Why has this thread gotten this amount of attention? Especielly from a fellow that wrote this thread the way he did before he was even whitelisted.

*Tom suddenly realizes he is contributing through his reply*((And I just had the balls to post an RP text emote. amagawd!))

..uh..lets go post pictures of unicorns in Othuyeg's church of brian thread instead or something.

And it was then that Tomeran realized; he'd mucked up and added to the mess. With head hung low and deviant thoughts in his mind; pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows occoured.

Guest neom

You've been here less then a month I don't think you know the server or community that well so can't say the rp is bad or not

Personally I have been kicking around the idea of making my next character mute. Only talking in sign language. ( AKA chat ) Just an Idea but something I wanted to explore.

But to say if you don't have a mic you can't play. I personally disagree. It could make it fun if played right.

Of you do that zodi ask gijs he can give you good tips since he did the same thing and it was awesome :)

Of you do that zodi ask gijs he can give you good tips since he did the same thing and it was awesome :)

O yes, he was playing a man who thought he was a coyote. That was funny as hell

well this is nice

User was warned for this post

Yes we require new users to post in the forums, but the reason for that is to get them to engage with the community; which is really the best part of DayZRP. Necro posting in a dead thread (no posts in two weeks), making comments that add nothing to the conversation and may be perceived as sarcastic is not the way to do it. Please observe better forum etiquette in future.

Sign in to follow this