Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:30

Sign in to follow this  
Thandwar

Whitelist & DayZ SA

Question

Thandwar    0

Hello everyone!

I just got into DayZ with the SA, sadly i passed on the Mod.

I've found your community through some Youtube videos (the one with the Free Medics, awesome videos!) and now, after roaming through the forums for quite some hours, i find myself more and more intrested in DayZRP.

for my question:

Should i write a Whitelist application now to be accepted when the Standalone decides to give us the option to have our server as we want, or should i wait for a "SA Whitelist application" (if there will be such a thing?)

My main point is, IF i would be accepted, i wouldn't want to take a Whitelist spot on the Mod-server from someone wo actually plays the Mod and would be happy to have it

Thanks for your time,

Best regards

Thandwar

21 answers to this question

Burgz    6

Might as well just make it now, a lot of people complain about how long whitelisting takes. The longer you work on it the better.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Their could be a separate forums eventually for DayZRP SA, this is quite likely as their is a Altis Life RP forums separate to the DayZRP mod forums. If this is the case then you will have to re-apply for whitelist even if you are accepted on the DayZRP mod.

If you are not going to play DayZRP mod, then their is no reason for you to send in an application really as it just creates an extra application for the admins to review and like you say it would take a posistion away that someone else might want more than you.

If you are going to give DayZRP mod a try, then go for it. I highly suggest giving it a go, it will be worth it, trust me!

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

As stated above. Do it now. And then play Standalone while you wait for your application to be accepted. Or Denied :P.

What Pandi I saying Is correct, however I'd have to disagree with

If you are not going to play DayZRP mod, then their is no reason for you to send in an application really.

The way I see it, apply now, and then it saves you from having to do it when Whitelisting becomes available for the Standalone servers.

However, If you do it now, and then everyone has to ReWhitelist when it becomes available for Standalone servers, then you've wasted your time. Just My Opinion.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

As stated above. Do it now. And then play Standalone while you wait for your application to be accepted. Or Denied :P.

If you are not going to play DayZRP mod, then their is no reason for you to send in an application really.

The way I see it, apply now, and then it saves you from having to do it when Whitelisting becomes available for the Standalone servers.

However, If you do it now, and then everyone has to ReWhitelist when it becomes available for Standalone servers, then you've wasted your time. Just My Opinion.

This is what I meant when I say I see no point sending an app in if you are not going to play the DayZRP mod.

When the DayZRP SA server has whitelisting then I'm sure you will have to re-apply as some rules are going to be different to DayZRP mods rules and I'm sure it will be a fresh database / new forums. Meaning if he apply's for whitelist on this server and if he isn't going to play the DayZRP mod's servers then I see no point as I said above, that is what I meant, haha.

Zhunk    2

What's stopping you from writing an application now? You won't be asked to write a new application for the Dayz-SA whitelist. You'll gain both access to the DayzRP mod (servers) and Dayz SA servers.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

What's stopping you from writing an application now? You won't be asked to write a new application for the Dayz-SA whitelist. You'll gain both access to the DayzRP mod (servers) and Dayz SA servers.

Oh okay, so what I'm saying was incorrect if this is the case.

My bad, sorry.

Thandwar    0

Thanks for your thougts and inputs!

Thanks! this clears up alot :D

I'm really thinking about giving the mod a go... looks like the SA will be in Alpha for a pretty long time

*thinking*

Zhunk    2

My bad, sorry.

To be honest, I'm also not certain about this (atleast not in 100%). That's what I've heard from staff. Also I don't see a reason why you (as the community) would be asked to re-whitelist. As you all know the rules and the basics of Role-Play. Also it will be a almost impossible to read all the application of the current community members and the new ones.

Thanks for your thougts and inputs!

Thanks! this clears up alot :D

I'm really thinking about giving the mod a go... looks like the SA will be in Alpha for a pretty long time

*thinking*

Good luck, I hope you'll enjoy the stay.

Thandwar    0

Good luck with your application!

thank you man! i'll give my best! *presses thumbs* (<- does that saying even work in english? xD)

My bad, sorry.

To be honest, I'm also not certain about this (atleast not in 100%). That's what I've heard from staff. Also I don't see a reason why you (as the community) would be asked to re-whitelist. As you all know the rules and the basics of Role-Play. Also it will be a almost impossible to read all the application of the current community members and the new ones.

that sounds pretty reasonable

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

My bad, sorry.

Oh right okay, fair enough.

I assumed when the whitelisting comes along for the DayZRP SA server than we would have to re-send an application as their might be some rule changes, but then as you pointed out, it would be impossible as their would be to many people applying for whitelist and it would take forever, so what you are saying sounds right. :)

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

This is what I meant when I say I see no point sending an app in if you are not going to play the DayZRP mod.

When the DayZRP SA server has whitelisting then I'm sure you will have to re-apply as some rules are going to be different to DayZRP mods rules and I'm sure it will be a fresh database / new forums. Meaning if he apply's for whitelist on this server and if he isn't going to play the DayZRP mod's servers then I see no point as I said above, that is what I meant, haha.

Ohh right sorry haha. I misread your post :L

Thandwar    0

Just wanted to say thanks again to all of you, the community here is really helpful wich makes me happy :)

I'm writing on my Applic. right know and will hopefully be able to enjoy the mod with all of you!

Thank you very much!

Sin    113

*presses thumbs* (<- does that saying even work in english? xD)

Um, no? I'm curious now :)

Rolle has said that the DayZRP whitelists will roll over into the DayZRP SA server, whenever SA supports whitelisted servers.

There's a Dutch saying that translates to "turning thumbs". He might be Dutch, he might not be, but my bet is that what he's trying to say is similar. It means "I hope I'm lucky" basically.

Thandwar    0

Rolle has said that the DayZRP whitelists will roll over into the DayZRP SA server, whenever SA supports whitelisted servers.

Thats good to hear, my textfile is steadly filling itself with words, i'm really hoping to share adventures with all of you :)

There's a Dutch saying that translates to "turning thumbs". He might be Dutch, he might not be, but my bet is that what he's trying to say is similar. It means "I hope I'm lucky" basically.

Not Dutch, but Swiss, but yeah, the meaning is the same, just in Swiss, it's directly translated "i'm pressing my thumbs" ^^

Strange language, i know :)

Swiss - pressing thumbs

Dutch - turning thumbs

And I remember the English version - fingers crossed!

By the way, don't you speak either French or German in Switzerland? Every time I go skiing there I yell "ACHTUNG!" when I'm going down the mountain, and that does seem to work.

Thandwar    0

Swiss - pressing thumbs

Dutch - turning thumbs

By the way, don't you speak either French or German in Switzerland? Every time I go skiing there I yell "ACHTUNG!" when I'm going down the mountain, and that does seem to work.

Fingers crossed! exactly xD

My main language is "Swiss german" (it's close to german but they don't understand us ^^) and we learned french in school, but we mostly don't like em :P

ACHTUNG! always works xD

btw: i don't know what i did but is it possible that i got accepted 10 min after Sending my Apllic.? the whitelist site says accepted but first it said something about a queue of 139 O.o

Possible bug?

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Swiss - pressing thumbs

Dutch - turning thumbs

My main language is "Swiss german" (it's close to german but they don't understand us ^^) and we learned french in school, but we mostly don't like em :P

ACHTUNG! always works xD

btw: i don't know what i did but is it possible that i got accepted 10 min after Sending my Apllic.? the whitelist site says accepted but first it said something about a queue of 139 O.o

Possible bug?

Try and join the DayZRP servers and if you can't get in because you need to be whitelisted then it must be a bug, if you manage to get in then I suppose one of the admins must have reviewed yours and accepted.

Thandwar    0

Swiss - pressing thumbs

Dutch - turning thumbs

ACHTUNG! always works xD

Possible bug?

Try and join the DayZRP servers and if you can't get in because you need to be whitelisted then it must be a bug, if you manage to get in then I suppose one of the admins must have reviewed yours and accepted.

Thanks, i was accepted! i'm looking forward to play with you all!

(how can i mark this thread as Solved?)

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

ACHTUNG! always works xD

Possible bug?

Thanks, i was accepted! i'm looking forward to play with you all!

(how can i mark this thread as Solved?)

Congratulations man, hope to meet you in-game soon!

A staff member has to mark it as solved and close it.

Solved.