Server time: 2017-08-18, 06:59

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen

Important Talk (Warning : Depressing Thread)

Frozen    45

WARNING : THIS IS A REAL LIFE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED, LOOK AWAY IF YOU WISH.

Rules : _No Flaming.

Today in my campus a student hanged himself in his dorms, no one knows why because no one could help him it was late at night.

A few hours before they warned us about this, my class mates was given reminder which I am passing around to everyone I know.

Please always be in the look out, in the gaming world or in reality, keep an eye out for strange activities, try inform there parents or talk to them, talking to them and being there friend could save them, don't go out saying "Do it" or "Whatever" because you make his chances of him doing it higher, think about his friends, family, the way they will be devastated, that's no way for a child or a young man to do end his life.

From personal experience, last year I myself almost commited suicide, I had a lot of depressing stuff happen within a week, when I expressed myself to a few people on social website they ignored me or laughed about it saying things hurting my feelings. Luckely, a few people noticed it and talked to our campus principal and psychologist and I was talked to, but the thing that made me get the idea out of my head was a few people who didn't even like me started being nice, it took away pressure and I felt better.

Anyways please think, keep an eye out for your friends and whoever, and if you have any these ideas talk to your parents a friend, or anyone on the server I'm sure most of use are willing enough to help each other.

PS : I know you can get information from the web and whatnot but I really feel like I need to give a reminder.

I think its a good thing that you have posted this actually because as you said you can get information from the web but it is not nearly as helpful as hearing it from someone else.

And the more that people talk about the easier it is to recognise and do something about it before it develops into a serious issue.

And talking about it is the key thing as from my experience most people tend to feel this way because they feel they have no one to talk to...

Also it is tragic to hear of this even though i dont know the guy and i would not like to hear the same about anyone from this community.

And i agree this is a strong community we have here most of which are all more than willing to help each other despite never meeting each other ,knowing their real name or having never spoken to them even on here!

To anyone that feels they are being ignored or just need someone to talk to keep in mind my PMs are always open for anyone no matter what age , gender or nationality you are.

There is a thread we have here that lets people discuss problems.

Talking about it is the best you can do. You have a buddy than you can tell things to? Tell them.

Otherwise many people are happy to help one another. When I was younger I didn't see the point in talking but through my education, through work and helping organize a large bunch of people I learned the most important thing...

Communication is the most important thing to do.

Just, talk.

Frozen    45

my friend jumped front of train few years ago

I'm sorry for your lose mate.

I don't want to be rude to anyone but this is just a warning, let's not list who lost people throw suicide..

Jesus. Sorry, man. Hearing stuff like this is horrible, the thought that some kid's life was so bad that he thought he had to end it. It's sick.

Ego    1

To be honest, I dont know anybody who has committed suicide luckily, hopefully i will never have to.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I know a person who tried to do a suicide with a shotgun. Lost a ear, half of his tongue, few teeth and his left side of head is scarred as fuck.

Suicide, dont do it.

exept with a grenade if you really need to

Frozen    45

I don't want to be rude to anyone but this is just a warning, let's not list who lost people throw suicide..

I'm sorry "Thanks for Apple autocorrect" to whoever lost someone but please guys more stories are not needed, this is me giving 2 examples and tips, not a talk about this thread.

naury42    0

My classmates father hanged himself in the garage... In the morning to go to school, he found him.. just terrible.

Well, he was grown man, and he had problems with money and such, but when we talk about kids ~20,

please... do your suicide as much as you want. thats just funny. no problem in this age can be so bad. (besides losing family members/some bad sickness or such) but not the lost boyfriend or im being bullied. lol, get a life in that case xxxx

Sin    113

please guys more stories are not needed

On a certain level, we are our brothers' keepers.

Well my friend jumped off a skyscraper exactly 1 year ago. He was very depressive. He gave out some signals that he's gonna do it, but we didn't understand them sadly. Well untill it was too late.

I was very depressed a few years back and wanted to simply kill myself. I didn't because of my family.

SUICIDE, DON'T DO IT.

Sin    113

More often than not, it's the quiet ones that do it.

The ones who threaten suicide seldom follow through - whether that's because they get the help (or attention) they need from their threats is another question ... but it's the ones that suffer in silence that are the hardest to hear and see.

Stagsview    587

I know various cases that out of respect I will not make public. This thread got my attention. I am sorry frozen for your friend and his family. These are horrible things that happen in the world that we as a society tend to shut out. You know you can always talk to me if you have a problem :P

Carved_    7

Alright I feel like throwing something in.

As I mentioned here and then I am getting Edcuated as a Paramedic.

Small (small...) Psychologic subjects are mattering there aswell. "Talking down people with mental issues or people who try to commit suicide.

So I feel like this is ment to be a share Info and looka round thread I help a bit out with a bit more Information here

I wont share any storys!

even tho I experienced some, I keep that for myself to handle that myself.

First of all, there are 2 groups of people who commit suicide,

people who seek attention, and don't get me wrong it is not ment in a negative way, It can be understood as a last scream for help.

(mostly those are calling 911 before they "do " it or announce it.

This is a last desperate scream to get helped. (just Imagine how far people are going and are not getting helped. So this Thread that frozen made is indeed a big step. thanks for that frozen)

Those people feel like they are going to do it, but auto agression to a level that injures you to death, needs a certain level of desperateiss (dunno the right word. sry for my english)

This Level is not reached for people who announce it, or they are close to the next group.

Some people even start auto aggression when they see people are coming to help (ambulance etc).

now think of how desperate that already is screaming for help. and noone noticed.

And now the Second group. They don't announce it, they "just" do it.

And here comes the Important point:

Most reason for a suicidal act is depression. I'm not talking of just beeing sad or a bad day. not even a bad Month.

Depressions are a serius illnes.

Explanation here: Feelings are Controled by Hormons.

To keep it simple: Serotinin makes you feel happy. Its the good stuff.

Lets call it "+" from here on.

The more + you have the better you feel. simple.

the less you have, the worse you feel.

The consequence of having no + is the disability in having positive emotions. you can't be happy, If they look like they are, they are pretending.

And now to get a bit further understanding, depressions therefor are a real Illness! its not a mood. depressions are a lack of + (mild depression) or a complete missing of + (no positive emotions possible)

Think of you most positiv moment in your life. the birth of your child. your wedding.

and you can't be happy.

This is more or less unimaginable for us people not having that illnes.

This is how to notice it

Those people are slow. not mentally but they do everything just slowly. making a simple bread with sausage takes them 30 minutes plus.

They take the time. Im sure everyone noticed that on themselfs in certain ways aswell. If youre sad you do things slow. if you have pain you often do things slow.

They try everything, but nothing helps, they cant feel positiv.

listlessness,since nothing can serve them on having good fellings again they don't even try.

They pretend everything is good in public.

And at some point they cant stand that anymore. I can't even imagine how this Illness affects you. And I really dont want to.

They start planning on giving the suffering an end, and plan it in the last detail over weeks, and then do it meticulously. (Just an example people fold all their clothing and put their things like a wallet on top before they go on Rail tracks)

Here comes the most Impotrtant part:

Seeing above stated symptoms is hard. Really hard. most of us didn't study psychology. So here comes what you can do:

You know how it is if you are sad, or have a really bad time. People getting you back up can bring you back to life, but I think it doesn't have to come this far. If you see friends struggling on exams, maybe failing it and having problems getting graduated, or see them having a bad time. be there. Put all your time and effort in helping them.

Don't be quit about it! If you notice it, and feel a someone needs professional help Contact a psychology hotline (I think there are plenty around.) Or contact the Suicide hotline. even tho you are not going to commit suicide or your friends is closed. those people WILL always offer you their help!

Just don't look away, or talk down depressions.It is a serious Illnes.

If you are unsure, wich is fine, talk to him/her. Offer her help. and take Care.

Just don'T look away and make aware!

This is a sentence I hear way to often

"I thought he might get over it alone." Or similar.

No one deserves to stand that alone.

Therefor I'd like to thank Frozen, to make this thread and everyone else taking the time reading this.

You don't believe how easy it can be to safe a Live.

Just don't look away.

Thats here for me, as I said I am not a psychologist, and the text above was created from my education and my expierences.

A smile, wave, or "hello" some some stranger or friend can make all the difference in one's life, we can't forget that all the bad things we say or do can also have just as much of an impact on a person's life for the worst. People, if it's a stranger you just met, a life-long friend or even an enemy, don't call each other names, don't ignore each other, don't fight each other, the greatest thing we can ever do in our lives is to simply love one another no matter the conditions, try to do so to the best of your abilities and always watch what you say (maybe even when you're role-playing).

I think an attempt to suicide can be for different reasons. Health, sanity, money, love, etc. You cant just say, oh im gonna stop you from committing suicide because life is awesome.

What im trying to say is, if you wanna commit suicide, dont jump in front of a train cause then i have to wait long for the train and b late for school ffs. Selfish bastards, those suicidies.

O yes and cowards too. The easy way out, leaving your family in tears. I guess not everyone has the guts to face life, but thats just evolution and what u get with so many ppl on the planet.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST.

Popeye509    1

I wouldn't say it is cowardice to commit suicide... I really can't tell if your being sarcastic what with the text language :/ I hope you are. Ok just 're read your post, not really the place for sarcasm but I don't want to seem like a douche.

Btw frozen sorry to hear about that talk to me tomorrow if you need. I'll be on Skype.

My best friend committed suicide when we were in 7th. Still have nightmares because I walked in on her doing it.

Carved_    7

I think an attempt to suicide can be for different reasons. Health, sanity, money, love, etc. You cant just say, oh im gonna stop you from committing suicide because life is awesome.

What im trying to say is, if you wanna commit suicide, dont jump in front of a train cause then i have to wait long for the train and b late for school ffs. Selfish bastards, those suicidies.

O yes and cowards too. The easy way out, leaving your family in tears. I guess not everyone has the guts to face life, but thats just evolution and what u get with so many ppl on the planet.

If you can'T feel into persons having serious trouble than it is like that. Some people just have no empathy, but if your life is all flowers and alright then you never can even think into people. thats fine, but then fucking piss off and leave those threads alone.

But frozen came up with that, and faced it. a really needed step.

So sometimes saying nothing is way better than leaving such bullshit here just to look hard.

Sometimes referring from posting somewhere is a good way not to fuck with everybody.

If lifes just circling around you then its fine.

But then you could GTFO out of serius threads and stop pestering people who try to face something.

So next time if you don't have anything nice to say, you could just the fuck up.

The only one that is selfish here is you, the only one who isn't facing reality is you.

So at some point if you want to work at crime scenes or with people beeing around crimes. you maybe need to learn to fucking be ncie to them. otherwise you wont ahve that job for long.

SO JUST FUCKING LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE IF YOU CANT BE NICE.

User has been warned for this post

If you can'T feel into persons having serious trouble than it is like that. Some people just have no empathy, but if your life is all flowers and alright then you never can even think into people. thats fine, but then fucking piss off and leave those threads alone.

But frozen came up with that, and faced it. a really needed step.

So sometimes saying nothing is way better than leaving such bullshit here just to look hard.

Sometimes referring from posting somewhere is a good way not to fuck with everybody.

If lifes just circling around you then its fine.

But then you could GTFO out of serius threads and stop pestering people who try to face something.

So next time if you don't have anything nice to say, you could just the fuck up.

The only one that is selfish here is you, the only one who isn't facing reality is you.

So at some point if you want to work at crime scenes or with people beeing around crimes. you maybe need to learn to fucking be ncie to them. otherwise you wont ahve that job for long.

SO JUST FUCKING LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE IF YOU CANT BE NICE.

User has been warned for this post

If you cant handle my opinion, then sorry for that. Its funny how you say that i have no empathy, but that also explains you dont understand what i meant. You should know that your family will cry and be very depressed when you commit suicide. That means, if you commit suicide you hurt the ones who love you, while yourself is out of harms way. Well if that is not a definition of a coward, then i dont know what is.

Face life like a man and dont even think about committing suicide, you will only cause pain to the ones dearest to you. If you still do it, i hope it will hurt a lot and fail miserably.