Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:32

Sign in to follow this  
TheLonelyOne

Locked cars everywhere.

Question

TheLonelyOne    11

I understand locked cars hidden in the forest, I do it all the time, it's the only safe way to storage gear (Other than an expensive Safe), but I've been seeing so many locked cars in the middle of streets... SUV's, Pick-Up Trucks, bikes.

Are those cars parked there by players or is it just an Epoch thing, like a feature? Because I don't really like it, 100% Clean cars in the middle of a road? Weird if you ask me... But it doesn't seem to affect the FPS that much.

15 answers to this question

Burgz    6

It'll be players if they are locked.

I sometimes like to 'remove' the roadblocks if you get me ;)

GingerHippo    4

It is a player thing where other people have just left them willy nilly all around the roads.

I like it, adds an affect to the game like a real apocalyptic world where cars would be left abandoned in the road.

Osaka    15

Most that are stripped and parked in the middle of nowhere are abandoned.

If they hinder you and they don't move at all after a few days I suppose they can be destroyed or deleted.

TheLonelyOne    11

Most that are stripped and parked in the middle of nowhere are abandoned.

If they hinder you and they don't move at all after a few days I suppose they can be destroyed or deleted.

Yeah, because I've seen a few SUV's locked and in the middle of the road...

If someone bought a SUV to leave it in the middle of nowhere, that's a waste of Gold IMO.

Bush    10

The reason why so many of them are abandoned is because it's more easy to simply buy another, then it's to go and buy some wheels.

Tamaster92    14

FYI they do get deleted after a week on inactivity :)

But I do think they lend somewhat of an apocalyptic feel to the mod, if there more common ways of breaking the lock...

;)

Guest MonkeyMadness   
Guest MonkeyMadness

Tamaster any chance of increasing the drop rate of hot wire kits? ;)

Mush    2

It doesn't make sense that they leave them there. It's not like you would if DayZ was IRL. But yeah, unfortunately it happens.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

I think it's a nice touch actually, admittedly it's annoying when you see a car and you get hyped and then to find out it's locked and you can't get in. Oh well. :)

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

You could always attempt at finding a hotwire kit, they are rare drops from worker zombies, they offer a 25% chance of successfully unlocking a vehicle, they will re-lock on restart but it lets you take the vehicle like it was never locked!

Pyrah    1

I assume some people end up leaving a car because they die and lose the keys and with the NLR rule your not running back for your car lol.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

You could always attempt at finding a hotwire kit, they are rare drops from worker zombies, they offer a 25% chance of successfully unlocking a vehicle, they will re-lock on restart but it lets you take the vehicle like it was never locked!

This is a quote from DayZ Epoch about the hotwire kit.

Magazine Item, new in v1.0.2.4. Found rarely on policeman zombies and even more rarely in vehicles. Have a %75 chance to work and are consumed on use and only unlock the car for one time use. A server restart will re-lock the vehicle.

I'm not sure if Tamaster changed that around at all, could be 25%, not sure. :)

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

This is a quote from DayZ Epoch about the hotwire kit.

Magazine Item, new in v1.0.2.4. Found rarely on policeman zombies and even more rarely in vehicles. Have a %75 chance to work and are consumed on use and only unlock the car for one time use. A server restart will re-lock the vehicle.

I'm not sure if Tamaster changed that around at all, could be 25%, not sure. :)

Whoops, I guess I meant 25% failure rate!

Tamaster92    14

Also they will more common once the new loot tables are done. But remember while they are great in these circumstances, they are bad for people raiding a base

Nihoolious    1105

Traded 3 blood bags for a hotwire kit and still have it along with two satchels in my inventory. I wondet what I shouls use them on...