Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:46
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Alien: Isolation

I've just come across a new Aliens game that's coming out out, now forgive me if everyone knows about this all ready but this is the Alien game that I've been waiting for.

it's a survival horror based Alien game with ONE Alien not hundreds clambering out of every man hole you see but one lone terrifying one walking around and stalking you.

[video=youtube]

So to wrap things up It's Alien mixed with Amnesia!

Literally can't wait to see what becomes of this game.

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

I was hoping for a new version of Alien Swarm. I misread.

Nihoolious    1248

inb4 another Colonial Marines disaster. God I really hope that doesn't happen, we need a new Alien game that actually fucking works and is fun to play, AvP 3 came close, but not close enough in my opinion.

Slute    1

Glad they finally got their head out of their ass and made a good sounding game!

Looking forward to see its development.

Valkerion    0

As good as this looks the guy in the video nailed it...the alien just isnt scary any more because everyone has seen it a million times before.

Dosnt matter how much it creeps around unless you have never seen the alien before fear of the unknown is automatically erased.

But hopefully they can overcome that and still deliver

As much as I love alien I am a tad wary about this one. I was one of the victims that preordered the piece of shit that happened last year, and I still don't forget.

Good luck game devs. You're going to have a tough time selling this; "Hey, look! It's another Aliens game!... No come back, this one's actually good!"

Mikachu    26

Creative assembly is someone I can trust to make a quality product.

#hype

TightPants    0

Finally someone had the balls to adapt the film into a game :D

Well it's only the film in sense there is only one xenomorph hunting you instead of a colony of xenos coming after you. Otherwise than that it's a completely different setting where you play with Amanda Ripley.

Creative assembly is someone I can trust to make a quality product.

#hype

Do not preorder or support prior to it being released in full!

Spread the world and do not let another Colonial Marines happen!

Well it's only the film in sense there is only one xenomorph hunting you instead of a colony of xenos coming after you. Otherwise than that it's a completely different setting where you play with Amanda Ripley.

Yeah. Aliens: Colonial Marines tried to make a game based off the film Aliens (see the 's'?). Which could work. It would be more of an action movie, unfortunately they fucked up.

Aliens and Alien are both amazing films (screw the 3rd and 4th, those sucked)

ActionMan    2

As much as I love alien I am a tad wary about this one. I was one of the victims that preordered the piece of shit that happened last year, and I still don't forget.

Good luck game devs. You're going to have a tough time selling this; "Hey, look! It's another Aliens game!... No come back, this one's actually good!"

That was Gearbox software (who are usually quite good -- e.g Borderlands), this one is Creative Assembly (most famous for Total War games).

Yeah that's what I meant -- a non-millitary character trapped in a confined space with an unstoppable monster.

That's a completely different take from all the Aliens games so far -- one that's obviously inspired by the original film rather than the later ones.

Matt    24

Yeah. Aliens: Colonial Marines tried to make a game based off the film Aliens (see the 's'?). Which could work. It would be more of an action movie, unfortunately they fucked up.

Aliens and Alien are both amazing films (screw the 3rd and 4th, those sucked)

But but but i liked 3... 4 sucked pretty bad though now all we need is robocop the game and my life will be complete Bethesda get it done damnit!

Tomeran    3

It did sound like an interesting game concept, up until I heard you were playing as Ripley. That's...pretty damned bold. CA sure has balls, but they're not just stepping on the movies by taking its main protagonist, they're wrapping their arms around it.

I dono...will wait and see.

As for the horror itself, depends on how its done, but it would have to be pretty damned well made for the aliens(or alien, sorry) to actually be scary at this point.

Matt    24

It did sound like an interesting game concept, up until I heard you were playing as Ripley. That's...pretty damned bold. CA sure has balls, but they're not just stepping on the movies by taking its main protagonist, they're wrapping their arms around it.

I dono...will wait and see.

As for the horror itself, depends on how its done, but it would have to be pretty damned well made for the aliens(or alien, sorry) to actually be scary at this point.

I think it is meant to be ripleys daughter i dunno i swear i read that somewhere.

Tomeran    3

It would be interesting in that scenario to have someone that's not familiar with aliens and that freaks the fuck out from them. Movie-Ripley at that point would probably go all "*sighs* these guys again? Fine, where'd I leave my flamethrower."

Ripley's daughter could be...interesting. Maybe like an alien-version reboot tomb-raider style?

Matt    24

It would be interesting in that scenario to have someone that's not familiar with aliens and that freaks the fuck out from them. Movie-Ripley at that would probably be "*sighs* these guys again? Fine, where'd I leave my flamethrower."

Ripley's daughter could be...interesting. Maybe like an alien-version reboot tomb-raider style?

Ye just found out you play as Amanda ripley Ellen ripleys daughter this seems it will be interesting

Othuyeg    20

I am afraid that to keep the single alien alive they have made it into a series of scripted scenes where you run away from it, press buttons and close doors.

I am afraid that to keep the single alien alive they have made it into a series of scripted scenes where you run away from it, press buttons and close doors.

YOU BETTER BE LYING

I have really high hopes for this games, given the route that they've finally decided to take it's given me new found hope, even though (Don't kill me please) I thoroughly enjoyed playing Aliens colonial marines this seems like it has the atmosphere to become my favorite survival horror game.

even though (Don't kill me please) I thoroughly enjoyed playing Aliens colonial marines this seems like it has the atmosphere to become my favorite survival horror game.

I honestly don't know how. The gameplay was unsatisfying and buggy, and frankly, boring. Gameplay wouldn't matter if the story was any good, but it was a pile of fanfiction-like shit.

even though (Don't kill me please) I thoroughly enjoyed playing Aliens colonial marines this seems like it has the atmosphere to become my favorite survival horror game.

I honestly don't know how. The gameplay was unsatisfying and buggy, and frankly, boring. Gameplay wouldn't matter if the story was any good, but it was a pile of fanfiction-like shit.

May have had something to do with playing with 3 other friends. xD