Server time: 2019-05-26, 21:53
Sign in to follow this  
RoryJam

Battle of Altar Hill *Working on it*

Inb4 someone comes in Assassin robes and kills the commander with a machete.

Guest TehGreekGamer

Chernarussian Forces:

Name: Yury 'BoomBoom' Polonski

Clan: ISOA

Nationality: Chernorussian

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?: Dont care Boom Boom is going to be there

Why not play War of the Roses and do an event on that?

Playing on Chernarus,with zombies is pretty stupid...

Security

Name: Maj. Garrison

Clan: None currently

Role: Dont care. Put me where needed.

PLEASE NOTE:I consent to the chance of my brains being used as historical representation.

Uhm.

What? Why would there be a battle re-enactment in a zombie apocalypse?

On top of the fact that south of Chernarus is water, and so there's no way Napoleon could invade from the south (why is Napoleon invading a backwater country, 9 years before his death?)

In fact, Napoleon suffered his final defeat in 1812, so there's no way he could've gotten into Chernarus before being defeated in Russia.

Seems silly, IMO.

1. Like I said, its a distraction from the depressing Chernarus wasteland at present, a morale booster.

2. Chernarus is south of Russia.... He advances North into Russia.

3. He went to Chernarus before Russia and the battle of Waterloo, Napoleons final defeat took place in 1815.

So you are re-writing history?

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2523.gif

Honestly this is full of so many inaccuracies that I don't even bother trying to explain all of it and I think it would just be like beating a dead horse with a cane. ExecutorPalin all ready stated some facts that are against all that you mentioned. Nothing in this makes sense if it happened in 1812.

During the Crimean War perhaps. In the future please put some effort in making sure that the facts match.

Seal_of_disapproval.jpg

That is correct. History was inaccurate so I re-did it for it to make more sense. My version is the true version. It is my theory of the events that transpired.

//Why don't you all stop showering the event with criticism and take part? Like I said, it's just a bit of fun, I didn't intend to cause anger amongst the community over something that happened 200 years ago. :)

That is correct. History was inaccurate so I re-did it for it to make more sense. My version is the true version. It is my theory of the events that transpired.

//Why don't you all stop showering the event with criticism and take part? Like I said, it's just a bit of fun, I didn't intend to cause anger amongst the community over something that happened 200 years ago. :)

Can't join something that is completely fictional and something that spits on the actual history of Chernarus and thus eventually the history of DayZRP itself.

//Why don't you all stop showering the event with criticism...

Seriously? You made this event, "rewriting history" and you expected no criticism?

This idea is creative, but it just can't happen. Rewriting such a major part of REAL history and integrating it into the DayZRP history should be up to the staff.

Chernarussian Forces:

Name: Daniel Ryder

Clan: None

Nationality: British/Russian Grandparents

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?: Yes

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Again his RP right now is a drunken pirate. Who says that he cares about historical accuracy?

Seriously? You made this event, "rewriting history" and you expected no criticism?

This idea is creative, but it just can't happen. Rewriting such a major part of REAL history and integrating it into the DayZRP history should be up to the staff.

TBH Chernarus isn't a real country so anything that ever took place in it would have to be fictional. Again a drunken illiterate pirate who overheard something about Napoleon and Russians who rolled with it in the fictional zombie apocalypse in a fictional country isn't unfeasable. My only problem is that people will be dying, in a real apocalypse people wouldn't be throwing away their lives for some reenactment of some battle that they think doesn't exist.

TBH Chernarus isn't a real country so anything that ever took place in it would have to be fictional. Again a drunken illiterate pirate who overheard something about Napoleon and Russians who rolled with it in the fictional zombie apocalypse in a fictional country isn't unfeasable. My only problem is that people will be dying, in a real apocalypse people wouldn't be throwing away their lives for some reenactment of some battle that they think doesn't exist.

Just say they are firing blanks and the people purposely fall over bursting large ketchup packs in the process

The thing is, Napoleon's failed invasion of Russia ended in 1812. You can't just rewrite things that actually happened to fit your RP

But still people get facts wrong. So why does it matter if it is historically accurate? Does it change history if one man thinks it's true? I don't think so. I think that this is my last post on the subject as I think this may turn into a flame war and that is the last thing I want to happen.

Christ guys why are you moaning about the historical accuracy of a server where we run around getting chased by zombies and robbed by dreadfully polite pirates. Chill out and let us run around with stupid accents shooting at each other.

Christ guys why are you moaning about the historical accuracy of a server where we run around getting chased by zombies and robbed by dreadfully polite pirates. Chill out and let us run around with stupid accents shooting at each other.

What he said ^

Also Pat Kanen can't protect you from me >:D

French Forces:

Name: Norman Frieden

Clan: BTR

Nationality: Canadian

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?: NAH of course not!

Media:

Name:Yaroslav Rustov

Clan:PAU

Media Experience:Done some streams in the past. I also have a media thread.

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?:Yes I don't mind dying.

Please read the date on such threads before you post. This was thread has been dead for about 7 months now.

/Closing