Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:31 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
RoryJam

Battle of Altar Hill *Working on it*

//Listen to this while reading;

Chernarus Historical Re-Enactment Club

Greetings,

You have been invited to take part in the Re-Enactment of the battle of Altar hill, celebrating the anniversary of the Napoleonic Battle which took place during Napoleon Bonepartes invasion of Russia in 1811.

Napoleon decided to attack from the south as Winter was approaching fast and it was going to be a cold one. He found an entry point via Chernarus, which is south of Russia, After being granted access from the Takistan Government, He marched into Chernarus and was met by a resisting force.

Napoleon easily pushed the Chernarussian forces into The province of Zagoria. The Chernarus forces had their last stand at the Battle of Altar Hill, before they were pushed back to the town of Berezino and forced to surrender to Napoleon himself. The French Fusiliers then executed the leaders of the Cherarussian army and the Tsar of Chernarus was kept in Napoleons headquarters in Chevnek Castle where he was later executed after Napoleons defeat in Russia.

The Battle of Altar lasted a number of days, Napoleons forces were based at his camp at Prud Lake and the Chernarus Army has their camp set up in Gorka village. The Chernarus forces reached the top of Altar Hill before Napoleon and they had a slight advantage for some of the battle, however the The French artillery was causing too much damage for the Chernarussian forces to remain at the top of the hill. Napoleons forces then advanced to the top and shot at The Chernarussian forces as they retreated down the Eastern side of the Hill. Napoleon declared victory, however, The Chernarussian forces had reinforcements in the forests east of Altar. Both French and Chernarussian forces were massacred but Napoleons forces prevailed when his Cavalry flanked around via the Black Forest and slaughtered The Chernarus forces. The Chernarussian forces were surrounded but fought on the the last man.

After he took Chernarus, Napoleon based himself in Chevnek Castle, where Lord Viktor Komski lived. After his defeat in Russia, he was chased back into Chernarus and ordered that a French force held Chevnek Castle until the Russian Artillery crushed and breached the Walls. Chevnek Castle was never restored after this battle. Locals spread legends and folklore that the Devil took up residence in the Castle after the battle, hence it gained the Name Devils Castle.

The Battle of Altar Hill Re-Enactment will be taking place on the 18th January this Year at around 21:00 [//Server Time]

People will be asked to act as either French or Chernarussian infantry. I intend to fully re-enact the full battle minus the cavalry flanks.

Unfortunately, there are no 1800s muskets to be found across Chernarus and therefore we will be using either Lee Enfields or Mosin Nagants, Weapons will NOT be supplied on the day, you MUST bring your own.

Uniforms are also in short supply and more details with regard to uniforms will be posted shortly.

We advise that you do not bring any valuables as you may be injured during the mock battle. There will be medics on the day to assist you if you do become injured.

Please familiarize yourself with 1800s military formations [Line Infantry] as it will be in use on the day.

We ask all bandits to stay away from the event as We will have security present.

Please Post your applications below:

French Forces:

Name:

Clan:

Nationality:

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?:

Chernarussian Forces:

Name:

Clan:

Nationality:

Medical Crew:

Name:

Clan:

Medical Experience:

Security:

Name:

Clan:

Role [sniper/On-Scene Security]:

Media:

Name:

Clan:

Media Experience:

This event could be a great distraction from the depression of this harsh wasteland, please consider taking part to take your mind off the grief of the modern day.

Thank you for reading,

Pat Spillane,

Former History Student of Chernogorsk University.

//This could be a great RP event if it's done right, its just a bit of fun. If this goes well, I'll do more

French Forces 2/20

Samantha Thunder [Civ]

Isaac Deboule [Civ]

Norman Freiden [bTR]

Chernarussian Forces 3/20

Cameron Davidski [Civ]

Yury 'BoomBoom' Polonski [iSOA]

Daniel Ryder [Civ]

Medics 1/10

Fraser Martin [FM]

Security 2/7

Shimshay Bargu [bTR]

Maj. Garrison [Civ]

Media 0/3

//PM me for more details. Pictures will be added tomorrow.

Security:

Shimshay Bargu

BTR

Wherever

Don't mind

I don't really think this will work on a full populated server however...

Security:

Shimshay Bargu

BTR

Wherever

Don't mind

I don't really think this will work on a full populated server however...

I'll ask an admin about using the event server.

Medical Crew:

Name: Fraser Martin

Clan: Free Medics

Medical Experience: "qualified" Nurse.

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?: Yes

certainly an intriguing event. :)

Name:Samantha Thunder

Clan: none

Nationality: American but I have spoken french since I was 4.

Yes I consent

Yes I consent

What Group are you applying for?

Yes I consent

What Group are you applying for?

Woops meant to write french forces. Sorry

Eh, why not.

Name: Alexsandr Pavalinski

Clan: None

Nationality: Chernarussian

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?: I'd be surprised if I don't die, although I'd be fine with it

pat.... wtf?

?

Name: Isaac Deboule

Clan: No clan

Nationality: French (Putting on the accent is the main reason I want to do this :D)

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?: Hell yes.

Do you have any idea for a date? If it's before the 19th Jan I'll have to pass.

Nationality: French (Putting on the accent is the main reason I want to do this :D)

Ehh either 18th or 19th of January :)

Eh, why not.

Name: Alexsandr Pavalinski

Clan: None

Nationality: Chernarussian

PLEASE NOTE: Chance of Death, Do you consent?: I'd be surprised if I don't die, although I'd be fine with it

Derp, wrong name. Could you change it to "Cameron Davidski" as he is my current Kazakh/Russian/Chernarussian character?

Ehh either 18th or 19th of January :)

I'll wait and see then. :)

pat.... wtf?

?

so random lol

Yeah... Just trying something new, interesting to see how things pan out :P

if your doing s 1800's re-enactment you might wanna reconsider letting people bring their own weapons? maybe stockpile a butt ton of lee's and mosins?

if your doing s 1800's re-enactment you might wanna reconsider letting people bring their own weapons? maybe stockpile a butt ton of lee's and mosins?

Yeah, time to start searching the barns!

They aren't hard to find, you just need to...borrow a ural and load it with olde weapons. Also if everyone is using mosins and lees, SVR should be happy

They aren't hard to find, you just need to...borrow a ural and load it with olde weapons. Also if everyone is using mosins and lees, SVR should be happy

havent you heard of directive 1800.7?

Uhm.

What? Why would there be a battle re-enactment in a zombie apocalypse?

On top of the fact that south of Chernarus is water, and so there's no way Napoleon could invade from the south (why is Napoleon invading a backwater country, 9 years before his death?)

In fact, Napoleon suffered his final defeat in 1812, so there's no way he could've gotten into Chernarus before being defeated in Russia.

Seems silly, IMO.

Uhm.

On top of the fact that south of Chernarus is water, and so there's no way Napoleon could invade from the south (why is Napoleon invading a backwater country, 9 years before his death?)

In fact, Napoleon suffered his final defeat in 1812, so there's no way he could've gotten into Chernarus before being defeated in Russia.

Seems silly, IMO.

1. Like I said, its a distraction from the depressing Chernarus wasteland at present, a morale booster.

2. Chernarus is south of Russia.... He advances North into Russia.

3. He went to Chernarus before Russia and the battle of Waterloo, Napoleons final defeat took place in 1815.

Uhm.

Seems silly, IMO.

IMO when a drunken pirate has an idea in a zombie apocalypse how many people are going to have the resources to fact check? For all we know the steam engine was invented in 1111.1.

Guest Daniel Millar

What if instead of using real bullets, we could just use empty Lee Enfields and Mosins and run around shouting;

"PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW"

That'd be jolly good fun.