Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:34
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
localvictor

Fake ID's

Question

localvictor    10

A very long time in a far far far away place I met this guy with a very strong American accent (like redneck) He supplied an ID with a fake name. I ignored it and played along.

Eventually I wanted him to leave (I wanted to rob someone and he could have good Samaritan'd me) So I asked for his ID and asked where he was from he said Britain, I continued to ask what part was Britain he said Aberdeen or as he called it "Abrdeaan" (Or something along them lines) I joyfully said what country he Didn't know. its Scotland by the way. He out role played me at this point and even with his accent he had proven he lived in Britain, I had nothing to say other wise.

He almost instantly Typed that this could be considered as "Metagaming". I told him to leave before hand because I said his ID was dodgy. I just wanted to rob the guy inside.

Just so I know I'm not in the wrong. for future reference what would be considered "meta gaming" in relation to fake ID's.

-Victor Wylie xoxo

15 answers to this question

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

If someone provides you with a fake ID then you have a right to not believe them, you did nothing wrong by the sounds of it.

Reptile449    0

It's metagaming if you instantly say it's fake, powergaming if you make up some excuse to say it's fake that doesn't really make sense or give him a chance to prove it isn't.

Pointing out his American accent and place of birth as Britain as you did would be a good way of RPing out not trusting him or his ID and asking he leaves. Though Scotland is in britain so I don't really know what you meant by that bit about Aberdeen.

Saying his ID is dodgy may be considered powergaming unless you can back it up a little bit with a reasonable IC reason.

Burgz    6

Metagaming would be if you instantly said, you aren't [insert name], your ID says underneath that your name is [insert real name].

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

No you are not in the wrong, this also belongs under the questions subject.

Kanen    108

If someone applies a fake ID and dosn't add the fact that it's got an identical picture or something i usually say:

Did you dye you're hair or something this guy on this picture is blonde and you have brown hair with brown roots.

Reptile449    0

If someone applies a fake ID and dosn't add the fact that it's got an identical picture or something i usually say:

Did you dye you're hair or something this guy on this picture is blonde and you have brown hair with brown roots.

That might be considered a little bit powergamey.

localvictor    10

It's metagaming if you instantly say it's fake, powergaming if you make up some excuse to say it's fake that doesn't really make sense or give him a chance to prove it isn't.

Pointing out his American accent and place of birth as Britain as you did would be a good way of RPing out not trusting him or his ID and asking he leaves. Though Scotland is in britain so I don't really know what you meant by that bit about Aberdeen.

Saying his ID is dodgy may be considered powergaming unless you can back it up a little bit with a reasonable IC reason.

Obviously I mentioned the accent but I said it more jokingly for causal conversation. I think he said that he moved to Britain. Also your right about Britain being the county I realise that may have confused the man.

Major Tom    91

Moving to 'questions'

localvictor    10

No you are not in the wrong, this also belongs under the questions subject.

Whoops sorry :P

Yeah I think you can only go for reasons that are real and not made up.

Nihoolious    1248

I never really understood why survivors would be carrying fake identification in an apocalypse. I'd make more sense if they some like "*hands id of a man named Swaggy McHenderson" or something along the lines of that.

Back to your question, you RP'd out someone giving a fake ID in a better way than a lot of people so GG.

Kanen    108

Oh well guess i won't be doing that again.

Reptile449    0

Oh well guess i won't be doing that again.

Well you could say something like "Hey can I look at the photo on that ID a bit closer for a second?" and see if they go along with it, but saying that someone else's fake ID card has a photo on it that's not them is something you should avoid.

ShinzoFTW    0

I have a question on top of this, If someone gives an id per say at a settlement, could i just say "That is bullshit, i've seen you around these parts before Give me your real id".

Or maybe even what i think Woodzie said a while ago : "Why is this id written on a piece of cardboard, give me your real id sir" ... Are either of those valid?

I have a question on top of this, If someone gives an id per say at a settlement, could i just say "That is bullshit, i've seen you around these parts before Give me your real id".

Or maybe even what i think Woodzie said a while ago : "Why is this id written on a piece of cardboard, give me your real id sir" ... Are either of those valid?

I would say no because there is no reason to instantly doubt them, unless you heard them say their name to someone else and then give you an ID that says something totally different.