Dynamic Heli Crashes  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Dynamic Heli Crashes

• Yes (why)
    • No (why)
    • On the edge (why)

Ross    0

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKkp0e4rXI

instead of just randomly finding helicopter crashes you could actually see them being blown up and then you can track them to there position.

this would give the players on the ground a better chance of finding them, as usually the players with helicopters will get to them first and take all the good loot.

Yes or No please explain your thoughts on this

Mush    2

I'd make a poll, for ease of collecting the results!

It's a good idea, and would definitely make sense, but where would the helicopters come from?

I like it, +1 in some respects, although it can be bad in some respects too, what if it lands on someone ;)

In all seriousness, it's a good idea, my only worry is, will it increase server lag, and what will be the story behind all these? Surely people wouldn't just shoot helicopters out of the sky... (If you're not that type of character).

Ross    0

It's a good idea, and would definitely make sense, but where would the helicopters come from?

I like it, +1 in some respects, although it can be bad in some respects too, what if it lands on someone ;)

In all seriousness, it's a good idea, my only worry is, will it increase server lag, and what will be the story behind all these? Surely people wouldn't just shoot helicopters out of the sky... (If you're not that type of character).

im pretty sure i saw it in another mod and you dont shoot them down it does it automatically

Mush    2

im pretty sure i saw it in another mod and you dont shoot them down it does it automatically

Ah, you can shoot them down though.

kakan    0

Been discussed several times, we even had it briefly implanted but due to two reasons it got removed

1: Server issues, aka fps drops

2: identifying target as NPC and not players that could cause KOS.

It's on the suggestion list, but it's not where we are putting the effort in right now

Whitefur    4

I have seen this on a couple of servers, but it always seemed pointless, laggy, and dropped my FPS. -1

Slute    1

It would be cool dont get me wrong, but the toll it takes on the server is to much for just some visual design to make more sense.

FPS would drop hugely, and theres overall no point. -1 from me

Nihoolious    1092

From an RP standpoint, it doesn't really make sense that there would be 3 helicopters just exploding in mid air every in-game day. And of course there is the FPS drop that comes along with it too.

I'v seen these on an old Namalsk server i used to play. It adds a lot of interesting occurrences, and it could probably lead to some good RP with the people around you.

+1

Tamaster92    14

Gunna have to vote no on this one.

They look awesome and certainly lend a air of showmanship to heli crashes but as brought up previously, they create lag and would be confusing with actual players heli's in terms of KOS rights and identification

Those server who actually has this often don't have "flyable" choppers.

Here it would cause a lots of chaos and a bunch of KOS reports about people attacking choppers.

Voodoo    357

It sounds good and would be a lot of fun (thinking of a massive race to get to the crash first)

But in terms of the servers I think it will put too much pressure on them with FPS drops and such. But nice suggestion

GingerHippo    4

I'd prefer it as it would be more realistic but as said above, FPS drops + More KoS Reports means it's a -1 from me as it's just going to cause more work for the staff imo.

Perhaps this is one for the future along with being able to shoot out of vehicles.

But for now defiantly not -1

However we could look at this differently and maybe get a few admin events out of them crashing a heli and RPing as the survivors/Looking for help to fix it for rewards etc.

Voodoo    357

However we could look at this differently and maybe get a few admin events out of them crashing a heli and RPing as the survivors/Looking for help to fix it for rewards etc.

This!

Would be fun to find a survivor at a damaged Heli during an event. Or maybe not even an event just randomly once in a while in game.

ZettaByte    0

Ehh... Id say no. One thing I would say yes is 1 heli crash per server. But it re-spawns every 3 hours.

Yesterday I've found a crash site 20 mins after the 5 pm restart, the server as up only at.. 17:20 something like that. And the only stuff ive gound were AN94 and an AEK. It was fresh Mi-17 heli crash. With this shit. The loot at the russian crash sites should be better.

So yeah. No falling helis, just re-spawning ones.

Ehh... Id say no. One thing I would say yes is 1 heli crash per server. But it re-spawns every 3 hours.

Yesterday I've found a crash site 20 mins after the 5 pm restart, the server as up only at.. 17:20 something like that. And the only stuff ive gound were AN94 and an AEK. It was fresh Mi-17 heli crash. With this shit. The loot at the russian crash sites should be better.

So yeah. No falling helis, just re-spawning ones.

Define better since the AEK-973PKA you get from helis does 4.5k damage per bullet and has a really nice scope. on top of being accurate as hell

Also the AN-94 is just straight up awesome good sights (both iron and whatever sight you may have on it) silly fire rate and good accuracy and ammo is easy to find.

ZettaByte    0

Define better since the AEK-973PKA you get from helis does 4.5k damage per bullet and has a really nice scope. on top of being accurate as hell

Also the AN-94 is just straight up awesome good sights (both iron and whatever sight you may have on it) silly fire rate and good accuracy and ammo is easy to find.

The modern AEK. The one I find every trip to the barracks.

Every time I see a crash site I pray its a huey. My 3rd in a row russian crash site with nothing good. No KSVKs, no PKP/M. Im just sad.

The modern AEK. The one I find every trip to the barracks.

Every time I see a crash site I pray its a huey. My 3rd in a row russian crash site with nothing good. No KSVKs, no PKP/M. Im just sad.

The modern AEK isnt bad either same as the an-94 i love both of them if you dont want them il take them xD

Owen    13

I can't see it adding any real RP and people would most likely fight over the contents.

So sorry but I'm against it.

Bush    10

I can't see it adding any real RP and people would most likely fight over the contents.

So sorry but I'm against it.

Well people are already fighting eachother over the chopper crash sites, I am not sure whenever or not this will increase the fighting thou.

Alan Woods    3

I would like to see this,but they have a heavy payload on the server. Also there are the problems with KoS and such(unless these choppers are different from the ones that spawn)...