Server time: 2017-08-17, 13:52

Sign in to follow this  
Heron

INITIATION RULE ADJUSTING - Actual roleplay before initiating

Ad an addition to the INITIATION RULE to enforce roleplay prior to initiation?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Ad an addition to the INITIATION RULE to enforce roleplay prior to initiation?

Heron    0

Greetings fellow DayZRP community members,

last night when I went to sleep something went around my mind.

Basically, what I was thinking about is an addition to the initiation rule as I see a lot of bandits upon noticing a new victim, all they care about is the gear and not actual roleplay of getting that gear, where they don't stand on the victims side where she or he has worked his ass to get the gear they have at that moment. And you atleast can roleplay properly before taking all of it away, kind of a thank you for the gear and a common sense of respect.

For those who did not understand my point it is quite simple: IF YOU ARE ROBBING SOMEONE, ROLEPLAY WITH THEM BEFORE YOU INITIATE ON THEM, AS THE INITIATION KILLS THE MOMENT AND IN MY OPINION IS CONSIDERED AS BAD ROLEPLAY.

What are your thoughts on this, guys and girls? :)

... IN MY OPINION IS CONSIDERED AS BAD ROLEPLAY...

That is the exact reason why it should not be added as a rule. Your opinion is based on a number of things but the simple fact is role play can come before and after initiation in equal measure.

I generally feel that hostile bandit roleplay is a bit stale with cookie cutter scenarios, choices and context. So I can see where you are coming from but ultimately this addition will not fix that.

Shake ups and enforcement of adequate role play will though.

"Drop weps 5 secs"

"Run away"

Is not acceptable and with video evidence will be punished.

Alan Woods    3

More rules?

Let's add rules for everything!

I can understand the reasons and your angriness, but more rules is not going to be helpful.

Just resume to recording and reporting and people will then understand what they are doing wrong.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Alot of the time, roleplay comes after the robbery. I just don't see this able to work.

Also think about it, when a group of men rob a bank, they don't go in before hand to have a nice chat and cup of hot black tea.

I agree with sumos, besides being a bandit ànd rp properly isnt as easy as you think, especially after the robbery where a lot of the victims tend to act butthurt ish and rp quite poorly.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

I only disagree with this because I like to think that people don't rob for the gear but for the roleplay and then the gear off the survivor is a little bonus. Every time I rob someone, I'll always create some roleplay during the robbery and after they are disarmed. I also think if someone doesn't use roleplay in their robbery or after then they should be reported for bad RP. I don't see why it should be used as a rule, as this just forces it on people.

Bush    10

I strongly disagree with this, some of my favorit RP moments have been robberies, of course I've also been a victim of a "drop guns run south" robbery, but the wise thing to do in this situation is to record and report. Forcing more rule on this community isn't really needed.

Heron    0

It's just that people don't enjoy interacting with each other, but purely are gear-hungry, it's riducilous. This is a roleplay server and those who don't roleplay here properly should be pznished for their bad actions (bad roleplay - just an initiation).

Get to know your victim, if they are alone here or with a group, secure yourself, ask for supplies (when they are digging in their bag, initiate), it's what makes this fun and not boring.

Take them as hostages, send them as scouts, scavengers, there are unlimited possibilities.

For those who say that they roleplay their robberies, prove it. Won't be naming, they will find themselves sooner or later.

Also, I do not report people because I'm a cryer, I actually rarely report people.

I roleplay for years and having someone banned is just a no for me.

Sorry for the grammar, I am on a laggy phone at the moment.

It doesn't need to be a rule, butbit needs attention.

Start roleplaying people and not f*cking around. ;)

Bush    10

Mostly of those things actually happens, because the robber(s) usually needs to figure out whenever or not you are worth the risk of robbing. Therfore majority of the time the robbers usually RP before. Sending out a robbery victim to scavenge for you is very risky, especially with the clunky ARMA2 inventory system.

If you truly want to make a diffrent, report people who're clearly not here to RP for bad RPing.

Heron    0

Maybe I should actually make a faction to show how it is exactly done, as I see the most here being crybabies who just report people instead of teaching others to roleplay properly.

This thread should be locked, thanks for the semi-cooperation.

Reptile449    0

Maybe I should actually make a faction to show how it is exactly done, as I see the most here being crybabies who just report people instead of teaching others to roleplay properly.

Most of the people who commented here are those who are with or were with clans that put some of the most effort into RP and robberies, calling them crybabies is pretty immature and shows how little you know about this topic and the community.

Good luck with your faction, maybe you should ask the people you just insulted for help with how to roleplay a bandit, you dweeb. Thanks for the lack of co-operation.

Unless you weren't being offensive at all and I misunderstood, in which case I apologize.

Ancalagon    0

Hmmm i don't rember who it was, but this certain person had a custom title which discribes my opinion very well: "The Roleplay comes after the initiation"

You can Roleplay with people how you want, this rule is supposed to prevent KoS.

You have to make contact and you aren't allowed (normally) to kill complieing people.

When i played as a Dragon, no, every time i played, there were two different situations:

I WANT to be friendly, at least at the beginning, so i'm walking over to the group/Person/camp and RP with them.

Or is DONT WANT to be friendly. Then i initiate first and try to rob them. After that, there is normally a Hostage-Situation, and thats the RP you'll get.

I weird, i never really encountered this "drop your weapins and run away" situation, there was allways at least a bit RP. Except in special situations, firefights ect.

It would make no sense at all if we are waiting in bushed for a passing group, just to jump out of them (Not suspicous, no, they wont check the surrounding trees, no, you dont lost the whole Surprise-adventage you had, no...) and RP five minutes with them. Thats not how a robbery works. Thats maybe how a Roadblock works, but not a robbery or a ambush on an enemy....

Snow    1

How it's exactly done? There's more than one way to RP a robbery/hostage situation/torture session

No need for more rules. Like everyone else said if it's bad RP, record and report.

Like its been said all ready, there is no need to add more rules into the mix and if you feel that there's been some poor RP then record and report.

Whitefur    4

Wow. Thats a lot of people saying the same thing.

Anyways Drop your weapons and leave is bad RP. Personally I put up a friendly ruse sometimes to lure victims in, and figure out who they are and if they have anything I may value. If you feel that something was unjust, just report it.

I personally find it more annoying when people act friendly before robbing me. I dont think theres any need for more rules, as said plenty of time before.

Owen    13

It's fine as it is. Any way when your being robbed you role play the situation in hand saying "why are you doing this?" or "please don't kill me". The best RP comes from robberies in my opinion.

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

It's fine as it is

where they don't stand on the victims side where she or he has worked his ass to get the gear

Why should bandits think that? It's not about gear it's about roleplay.

If you get mad about losing gear when you get robbed you need to learn not to.

For all bandit clans and groups it is well know for the roleplay to come after the initiation.