Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
tnkydoe

Private Thread for Contributors

Should contributors get a private chat thread?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should contributors get a private chat thread?

• yes
    • no(explain)

tnkydoe    14

Contributors have great perks as it is, don't get me wrong, but wouldn't it be great if we had our own locked thread only contributors and above have access to. Us "smurfs" like to joke around and talk and what not, but that just turns public threads into 9 pages of off topic nonsense. :D It is a very small addition for people who have given a lot to this server.

Edit:This would just be one thread that acts as a chat for us :D

All opinions are appreciated, contributor or not :D

Voodoo    487

+1

Us smurfs need a home to go to!

But on a serious note do we really need our own private forums?

Dora    0

Yeh!

We need a private section to plan our attacks on the community!

Muahahaha!

Ego    1

Seems very pointless to be honest.

Onionjack    0

To be honest I don't think it will carry very far. It would be active for month or two but after that its activity would drop I believe. I might be wrong, but we had similar thing at another forum for "VIP" users and it died pretty quickly. :)

If you want to make a casual chat, why don't some of you create group chat in Skype instead?

Lol no.

Less threads for me to spam in.

Seems very pointless to be honest.

That is the answer. There is no argument for that benefit.

Just make a Skype conversation if you want it. You can name it: "Our empty Wallets"

BeastMade    0

why dont give private thrad for every rank then? i think this is useless

Maybe it's because I'm not a real smurf, but I don't see the point. "Us smurfs like to joke around"? Well, can't deny that I do, but why is joking around limited to people with a blue name? Does donating 100 euro (which I didn't even do) automatically make you a funnier person? What could contributors possibly have to discuss that is of no concern to the rest of the community?

The only way I might even consider this if donating 100 euro would make you a better, smarter and nicer person. This is not the case, so I have no reason to limit myself to a group of people I have barely any connection with besides an arbitrary one involving the colour of our names.

Donating to the server or doing something to contribute to this server in some way is something you do of your own volition. You get the blue name and a few exclusive skins, I don't see why there should be the entitlement for more. If you're just wanting more little 'perks' then to be honest it puts into question why you're donating in the first place. A definite no from me.

Some people contribute massively to this server by doing so much more than opening their wallets too and having some little thread for those with a little more money to burn than others just seems a little harmful to the community. Sure, donating to this server is valuable and it's hugely appreciated but wanting your own private thread just seems a little entitled.

One of the greatest contributors to this server/community that I've seen is Morgan Riggs, in my opinion he epitomises what it means to be a contributor but without the facade and bragging rights of a blue name. Someone who voluntarily puts in hours and hours of work just to try and better this community, to excite us all with interesting RP and above all use their influence in this community for great and generous works.

One of the greatest contributors to this server/community that I've seen is Morgan Riggs, in my opinion he epitomises what it means to be a contributor but without the facade and bragging rights of a blue name. Someone who voluntarily puts in hours and hours of work just to try and better this community, to excite us all with interesting RP and above all use their influence in this community for great and generous works.

On that note, I think more people that contributed to the server should get light or dark blue names. I know it has happened before. Some ex-staff members got blue names. ActionMan got a blue name for making the launcher. Frayzies got one for his radio (before he was a staff member). Why not Morgan Riggs or one of the others that have spent their free time making this community a better place?

On topic; there is as much reason to make a private forum for people that like strawberries as there is to make a private forum for people that have a blue name.

On topic; there is as much reason to make a private forum for people that like strawberries as there is to make a private forum for people that have a blue name.

Fruitist...

What about us people that like tangerines? Elitism!

spartan119    1

I just played along with it in the beginning. A private section for us blue folk is silly.

You are a traitor and part of the rebel alliance

Valkerion    0

On that note, I think more people that contributed to the server should get light or dark blue names. I know it has happened before. Some ex-staff members got blue names. ActionMan got a blue name for making the launcher. Frayzies got one for his radio (before he was a staff member). Why not Morgan Riggs or one of the others that have spent their free time making this community a better place?

Perhaps a new colour is in order for people who truly stand out amongst the community and not just because they throw money at the screen