Server time: 2017-11-21, 15:25

Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Morgan Riggs

Developing a simple RPG game with Unity 3D

Music development has begun aswell, soon i'll contact all the voice actors on my list for some fun time recording (:

I'd love to voice act/test for you Morgan!

We were in RSM together! Dooooooo Eeeeeeeet :D

If you need Estonian accent or Russian one i can help too.

Music development has begun aswell, soon i'll contact all the voice actors on my list for some fun time recording (:

How will you contact us? By PM?

Also will there be a date set? #BusyCalender ;)

Still looking up to two people with interesting ideas and a passion for writing and creating their own unique world!

PM the test to Morgan or myself.

Currently we have an outline but there is always room for more sub-plots that affect each individual race, the history of our world, etc.

If you have already applied via that test I will be responding to them now with critique and the next steps.

How will you contact us? By PM?

Also will there be a date set? #BusyCalender ;)

I'll let you know in advance

1) Character races. Below lies a list of character races, and their background lore.

The Lithin

A race of reptilian creatures, the Lithin are hatched in the Negrethal, a barren wasteland of blackened rocks and red, murky water. The Lithin most generally assume the form of a half-reptilian, half-human creature that has the features of snakes and lizards. All Lithin are endowed with the ability to breathe underwater and have natural claws and fangs that they can use in combat.

Their home is the water, and as such, while in the water the Lithin are capable of swifter swimming than the other races. Not only that, but the Lithin become more hidden than the rest in darkness and moreso in water. At night, the Lithin tend to shed their scales to make room for new ones, and have lesser resistances to cold and fire spells due to this.

"The Lithin are distinguished by a slight hissing sound that come from the dark swamp-lands of the Negrethal." --Academae Professor Frost.

The Misten

Creatures of pure substance, the Misten resemble elementals in physique. While born of a mortal body of skin and bone, upon reaching adulthood, the Misten shed their skins and take up the elements becoming one of four elements; Fire, Ice, Earth and Air. They retain a mortal appearance, but their body seemingly is comprised of an element. For the Fire Misten, their bodies shed heat, their eyes glow fiercely and their hair is made of actual flames. For the Ice Misten, their bodies are crystalline and have a blueish tint to them, their hair made of frozen water that seems to swirl and move. Earth Mistens have strong, bulky forms and tend to be entirely masculine in form with bald heads that sprout vines that act as thin, wispy hair. Air Mistens have agile, light frames and tend to have clear bodies, with bald heads that are incapable of growing hair. Air Mistens are the only Mistens that can vanish from sight and move at a higher pace than the rest of their brethren.

The Mistens were first seen in the Negrethal, rising from the crimson waters. At first, they were simply mortals that were given form by a strange surge of magic, but over time the magic became unstable and stripped the mortals of their forms, replacing their bodies with the elements.

The Mistens have a Unique Racial ability that charges whilst in combat. On use, this power combines all four elements into their body and gives them temporary invincibility to all damage except for that of the elements, which is amplified due to the Misten's over-driven form. The damage that a Misten is able to give with spells is increased and the Misten gain regeneration for a short while.

Rogzul

The Rogzul are a race of Golem-like creatures that inhibit the Strenghul, a rocky outcropping of mountains and spiky cliffsides. Their bodies are thick with muscles and they are the tallest of the known mortal races. Once captives of Giants, the Rogzul have become irritant with the presence of others and tend to be reclusive. Most attempts to speak with the Rogzul populace ends with spite and anger at the talks. But every once in a while, an Exile is born and leaves the barrows of the Rogzul to brave the lands.

The Rogzul boast a significantly different body structure than Humans, their skin tending to be calloused and grey. Their arms are thick with muscles and their legs lithe. Their bodies hunch over most of the time due to the larger torso and lacking leg-power. Most Rogzul tend to use their arms instead of their legs to walk about, and as such most Rogzul have the ability to wield weaponry with their feet.

The Dwarves

The Dwarven race is one of greed, strength and merriment. Originally a part of the human culture, the Dwarven people descended into the mountain stronghold of Morthall, secluding themselves from their human and elvish counterparts for favor of digging tunnels in the mountains and finding jewels and gold. Greedy, stubborn and quick to anger, the Dwarves tend to brawl more than most and this constant fight-or-die lifestyle have gifted them with short, stout bodies. Dwarves tend to have hair that grows lengthy down their back, but most of their hair can be found cascading down their chest in the form of braided beards. The beard is the staple-point for most of the Dwarve's honor system, and as such, getting your beard shaven from your face is one of the worst punishments you could accrue. It is like taking your manhood from you.

The Dwarven race has a natural resistance to magic in general. Alongside this resistence, their constitution gives them the ability to use large weapons like the Dwarvish Maul and wear armors that other races cannot, like the Mithril Platemail Armor. Being a dwarf has a downside, though. Constantly drunk, a dwarf needs to keep himself inebriated for fighting and stamina, and prolonged periods of sobriety have proven to be fatal to the dwarven people.

Humans

One of the most adaptable races, Humans are widely varied in size, stature and culture. They are the most common race to find wandering the Wastes or delving into monstrous lairs. The architects of the settlements that dot the landscape, Humans have many cultures ranging from war-bred ones to tribal cultures.

Adaptable to a fault, a Human is able to undertake any fighting style and profession without worry of failing at it. Boasting no natural resistances to magic, weaponry or harm in general, the Human race has had to toughen themselves in order to survive and have good constitution and strength compared to Elves, the Misten and the Lithin, but have greater wits and intellect compared to the Rogzul and Dwarves. A neutral point to most groups, humans are good companions and capable of administering knowledge much more effectively than other races, allowing them to heal others better with spells or items.

The Elvari

Named 'The Elves' by the other mortal races, the Elvari are a lithe, witty race of spell-casters, bards and warriors alike. Their potency in lore and magics stem from their immortal blood that gives them elongated lives as well as vast amounts of arcane knowledge. Grand priests, magisters and sorcerers, the Elves have secluded themselves to the forests in search of the answers to all Arcane matters. Although they are stemmed deep into the workings of the Arcane, not all can feel the ebb and flow. Some Elvari are better with archery or the use of the Longsword than others and so they have taken up the use of both physical and magical means to decimate their foes.

Long-lived, wise and deeply arcane, the Elvari do not take kindly to physical punishment. They have the lowest constitution of all the races and the lowest strength, but when it comes to wisdom, intellect and flexibility, the Elvari are second to none. The Elvari favor the Elvish Blade, a rendition on the Human Longsword, as well as the Long-bow and armors made from Mythstone, a light-weight and durable metal that only the Elvari can meld into armor and weapons, and as such only the Elvari can hold and wield.

Alright, here's a few races for you to have fun with :P I'd offer my services to you if you'd like them, since I am well-versed in lore-making and writing, but if you don't wish for my help, that's fine.

//EDIT: Welp... didn't know I was meant to PM this to the head Story-Dev guy... <_< But bah... just gonna leave it here and see if they want to use it or not... if not, snipping shall occur :P

//Another EDIT: By the way, browsing through the 20-some pages, I've been seeing the need for Posers/Join-knowers... I know how to pose/animate objects using 3DsMax or another software that has Key-frames. If you need a poser/animator, then let me know. I could double as both a writer and a poser :P

Guest Pandi

1) Character races. Below lies a list of character races, and their background lore.

The Lithin

A race of reptilian creatures, the Lithin are hatched in the Negrethal, a barren wasteland of blackened rocks and red, murky water. The Lithin most generally assume the form of a half-reptilian, half-human creature that has the features of snakes and lizards. All Lithin are endowed with the ability to breathe underwater and have natural claws and fangs that they can use in combat.

Their home is the water, and as such, while in the water the Lithin are capable of swifter swimming than the other races. Not only that, but the Lithin become more hidden than the rest in darkness and moreso in water. At night, the Lithin tend to shed their scales to make room for new ones, and have lesser resistances to cold and fire spells due to this.

"The Lithin are distinguished by a slight hissing sound that come from the dark swamp-lands of the Negrethal." --Academae Professor Frost.

The Misten

Creatures of pure substance, the Misten resemble elementals in physique. While born of a mortal body of skin and bone, upon reaching adulthood, the Misten shed their skins and take up the elements becoming one of four elements; Fire, Ice, Earth and Air. They retain a mortal appearance, but their body seemingly is comprised of an element. For the Fire Misten, their bodies shed heat, their eyes glow fiercely and their hair is made of actual flames. For the Ice Misten, their bodies are crystalline and have a blueish tint to them, their hair made of frozen water that seems to swirl and move. Earth Mistens have strong, bulky forms and tend to be entirely masculine in form with bald heads that sprout vines that act as thin, wispy hair. Air Mistens have agile, light frames and tend to have clear bodies, with bald heads that are incapable of growing hair. Air Mistens are the only Mistens that can vanish from sight and move at a higher pace than the rest of their brethren.

The Mistens were first seen in the Negrethal, rising from the crimson waters. At first, they were simply mortals that were given form by a strange surge of magic, but over time the magic became unstable and stripped the mortals of their forms, replacing their bodies with the elements.

The Mistens have a Unique Racial ability that charges whilst in combat. On use, this power combines all four elements into their body and gives them temporary invincibility to all damage except for that of the elements, which is amplified due to the Misten's over-driven form. The damage that a Misten is able to give with spells is increased and the Misten gain regeneration for a short while.

Rogzul

The Rogzul are a race of Golem-like creatures that inhibit the Strenghul, a rocky outcropping of mountains and spiky cliffsides. Their bodies are thick with muscles and they are the tallest of the known mortal races. Once captives of Giants, the Rogzul have become irritant with the presence of others and tend to be reclusive. Most attempts to speak with the Rogzul populace ends with spite and anger at the talks. But every once in a while, an Exile is born and leaves the barrows of the Rogzul to brave the lands.

The Rogzul boast a significantly different body structure than Humans, their skin tending to be calloused and grey. Their arms are thick with muscles and their legs lithe. Their bodies hunch over most of the time due to the larger torso and lacking leg-power. Most Rogzul tend to use their arms instead of their legs to walk about, and as such most Rogzul have the ability to wield weaponry with their feet.

The Dwarves

The Dwarven race is one of greed, strength and merriment. Originally a part of the human culture, the Dwarven people descended into the mountain stronghold of Morthall, secluding themselves from their human and elvish counterparts for favor of digging tunnels in the mountains and finding jewels and gold. Greedy, stubborn and quick to anger, the Dwarves tend to brawl more than most and this constant fight-or-die lifestyle have gifted them with short, stout bodies. Dwarves tend to have hair that grows lengthy down their back, but most of their hair can be found cascading down their chest in the form of braided beards. The beard is the staple-point for most of the Dwarve's honor system, and as such, getting your beard shaven from your face is one of the worst punishments you could accrue. It is like taking your manhood from you.

The Dwarven race has a natural resistance to magic in general. Alongside this resistence, their constitution gives them the ability to use large weapons like the Dwarvish Maul and wear armors that other races cannot, like the Mithril Platemail Armor. Being a dwarf has a downside, though. Constantly drunk, a dwarf needs to keep himself inebriated for fighting and stamina, and prolonged periods of sobriety have proven to be fatal to the dwarven people.

Humans

One of the most adaptable races, Humans are widely varied in size, stature and culture. They are the most common race to find wandering the Wastes or delving into monstrous lairs. The architects of the settlements that dot the landscape, Humans have many cultures ranging from war-bred ones to tribal cultures.

Adaptable to a fault, a Human is able to undertake any fighting style and profession without worry of failing at it. Boasting no natural resistances to magic, weaponry or harm in general, the Human race has had to toughen themselves in order to survive and have good constitution and strength compared to Elves, the Misten and the Lithin, but have greater wits and intellect compared to the Rogzul and Dwarves. A neutral point to most groups, humans are good companions and capable of administering knowledge much more effectively than other races, allowing them to heal others better with spells or items.

The Elvari

Named 'The Elves' by the other mortal races, the Elvari are a lithe, witty race of spell-casters, bards and warriors alike. Their potency in lore and magics stem from their immortal blood that gives them elongated lives as well as vast amounts of arcane knowledge. Grand priests, magisters and sorcerers, the Elves have secluded themselves to the forests in search of the answers to all Arcane matters. Although they are stemmed deep into the workings of the Arcane, not all can feel the ebb and flow. Some Elvari are better with archery or the use of the Longsword than others and so they have taken up the use of both physical and magical means to decimate their foes.

Long-lived, wise and deeply arcane, the Elvari do not take kindly to physical punishment. They have the lowest constitution of all the races and the lowest strength, but when it comes to wisdom, intellect and flexibility, the Elvari are second to none. The Elvari favor the Elvish Blade, a rendition on the Human Longsword, as well as the Long-bow and armors made from Mythstone, a light-weight and durable metal that only the Elvari can meld into armor and weapons, and as such only the Elvari can hold and wield.

Alright, here's a few races for you to have fun with :P I'd offer my services to you if you'd like them, since I am well-versed in lore-making and writing, but if you don't wish for my help, that's fine.

//EDIT: Welp... didn't know I was meant to PM this to the head Story-Dev guy... <_< But bah... just gonna leave it here and see if they want to use it or not... if not, snipping shall occur :P

Wow.

Your writing skills are astonishing, keep it up man.

The Lithin

The Misten

Rogzul

The Dwarves

Humans

The Elvari

//Another EDIT: By the way, browsing through the 20-some pages, I've been seeing the need for Posers/Join-knowers... I know how to pose/animate objects using 3DsMax or another software that has Key-frames. If you need a poser/animator, then let me know. I could double as both a writer and a poser :P

Wow, I am really looking forward reading this

I should mention that I only had about 15 minutes to type all of this up, so apologies if it's kinda suck-ish. I'll be doing the other two questions later on, as soon as I have time and my brain wants to work a little better. :\

//EDIT: After some thought... I honestly think the lack of stats and utter focus on RP-based advancement will not work as well as you think it may... Baulder's Gate was stupendous -because- of the mix between the two, not the wholesale dividement of one and the other. If we are to base this off of a D&D aspect, there ought to be D&D stats, but make it more like Runescape per se, where each use of something adds to your proficiency of it. This way there aren't any templars running around summoning monsters and shooting fireballs willy-nilly.

I should mention that I only had about 15 minutes to type all of this up, so apologies if it's kinda suck-ish. I'll be doing the other two questions later on, as soon as I have time and my brain wants to work a little better. :\

It's so shit, it looks like you only had 1 :troll: Jk, i like it.

Already sent you a PM. ;)

Demo's are looking great Morgan. Maybe have a Test night sometime and stream it? :D

What demos?

I was going to reply with "The ones on the front thread" but I'm being a derp and just realised that they aren't for the game that he is working on.. Sigh. Kill me now please.

Demo's are looking great Morgan. Maybe have a Test night sometime and stream it? :D

What demos?

I was going to reply with "The ones on the front thread" but I'm being a derp and just realised that they aren't for the game that he is working on.. Sigh. Kill me now please.

Thought that might be the confusion.

It is still very early days but the team are doing well. Keep checking for updates :)

Morgan I finish my mocks today so I defiantly will be back by Monday :D

Guest Olyblob

If you still need voice actors i would love to.

Guest Astycc

Really exited to see the eventual result of this project, it will be a lot of work, but in the end, oh it will be glorious!