Server time: 2017-08-23, 04:07

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Announcing: New staff faction - The CTC

Tomeran    3

DayzRP presents a new staff faction!

The Chernarus Trading Coalition

Wat is dis?

This is an announcement thread for the new staff faction, the CTC! For the real dayZRP old-timers that may connect the tag "CTC" to a really old trading clan, I'll ask you to read the disclaimer at the bottom of this post.

The CTC, or Chernarus Trading Coalition, is possibly the staff's boldest attempt to re-vitalize RP in dayzRP yet. You can find more specific information about the clan, its history and how it works here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-ctc-the-chernarus-trading-coalition-staff-faction

This thread is primarily to make people more aware of its existance, since relativly few people look through the clan forums while a lot of people look through the general forums.

What is the CTC? Basics please, not another text wall.

The CTC is primarily a trader faction, one that has been created with the epoch economy system in mind. On epoch, it is the CTC that runs, maintains and supplies the three trade hubs. The NPCs are thus static CTC members. On vanilla, they lack the same eternal presence, but the CTC will definetly make appearances and events on vanilla as well. They may be epoch-focused, but they are not epoch-exclusive.

The history

The more extensive version of their history can be read at the clan thread, but the short version is that the CTC is a large Chernarus-wide organisation, a coalition of survivors that have developed a new bartering and trade system that in turn has left them very well supplied and powerful. They were initially created and flourished in the capitol province, Novigrod, roughly 10 months ago.

They now exist all over Chernarus, but only recently did the CTC expand into South Zagoria by establishing the three trader hubs at Bashnya, Stary Sobor and Khlem.

In general, their presence has been a calming factor on the country as they have fought bandits and paramilitary groups that have threatened their trade hubs.

What kind of events will they do?

The CTC is built around one ideal: Profits = higher chance of survival. And survival of the coalition is essentially what it is all about. They're not above creating alliances with other factions or groups if it suits their purpose, its actually common, but they will destroy you(or try to) in a heartbeat if they believe you're a threat to them.

In this "threat" sense, they will be MUCH more active then compared to other staff factions like the council or the UEF. If you attack the trade hubs or their caravans, you can expect trouble. In short: Fuck with the CTC and you'll be fucked with right back. We wont roll up with tanks(sorry Rolle) or jets, but we'll damned well bring hardware and numbers(and allies) to challenge you. These traders have their own private army on a leash, and they're more then willing to unleash it on troublemakers.

More on this in the clan thread.

Of course the primary events the CTC will do circles around trade. CTC basicly runs and maintains the epoch economy, and there will be chances for convoy events, some large, planned and announced, some smaller and spontaneous. The outcome of these events will then have an effect on the economy system.

An example: A CTC convoy full of construction materials, tools and spare parts are on route to the trade hubs to resupply them. If people volunteer to help guard it, they could be paid in currency as thanks. If people try to attack the trucks, they can steal what's inside. BUT depending on how much of the convoy makes it through, the prices will be affected. If the entire convoy makes it through prices may even be reduced. But if the entire convoy is destroyed, prices will SKYROCKET.

Through such events, the players themselves can effect the economy of epoch.

Sadly such events are difficult to do on vanilla without the currency and economy system, but CTC might still do various trading, patrol or vengeance events there.

And there may of course be other kinds of events like patrols, travelling traders offering goods and various offers and deals with clans, groups and individuals.

How can people get involved?

Except for participating in events, the CTC is "semi-open" to community recruitment, much like the CDF staff faction.

What that means is that people can enlist to the CTC as people on their payroll or as supporters. They will not technicly be full members of the CTC, but more like subsidies and assistants, thus "semi"-members, aligned with the faction. The CTC will ACTIVLY recruit merceneries, primarily through epoch currency but also through other means, to work for them, so there's a real work opportunity for merc clans here.

These community members will have full access to CTC events, but non-aligned members can also apply to be there. Naturally however, aligned members get preferential treatment.

Since this is a staff faction and not an ordinary clan, it will still be led by staff members, who will do most of the organizing. If these "semi-members" want to take own CTC event initiatives, that's fine, but they should notify senior CTC members first.

Finally, the disclaimer I mentioned at the top of the thread.

While we understand some people may find big similarities between the CTC clan of old and this staff faction concept, it is actually not the same thing. I originally created this faction and started thinking about it after experiencing epoch's many functions, and I had even forgotten about the old CTC clan's existance until I was done, when Khardia reminded me of their existance.

While similar in goals and having an identical clan tag as the old CTC, this staff faction is not intended to mimic the activities of that clan nor to leech of their old popularity and fame. It is not intended to be a new version of that clan, and the name similarities are merely a coincidence. If old CTC members have an issue with this staff faction iniative, they can take it up with me and I'll gladly discuss the matter with them. This initative is not intended to step on their toes in anyway, and we hope we are not upsetting them with the name and goal similarities of this project.

...and that's that, for now. I hope you like the idea, and you'll definetly see this group around a lot more compared to the other staff factions.

Oh and please lets leave out the "but I dont like epoch, becauase..."

This is not the thread for that debate, we already have about a hundred of those. If you have feedback that relates to the faction itself though, then that's fine of course.

SirLawl    1

Sounds great! Hope to get some good RP in with this!

Merc clans will love this. This is solving the issue of merc clans getting very little actual merc work. Great solution. If it's good money, might throw my lot in with one of them down the line. Who knows?

First.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

dis%20gon%20be%20good.gif

#HYPE!

Tomeran    3

Clan thread is up and the link has been added to this thread. The clan thread however is mostly a sterile wall of text atm, so that's very much a work in progress.

But it should have most of the information necessary, including an extensive background of this faction.

Ancalagon    0

But i don't like.... just joking ^^ Okay maybe not, but thats not the topic.

I was always a great fan of trading /trading-clans, so i really like that. I especially like that part with the convois. I think some bandits will learn self-control trough that... hopefully. Of course, maybe a clan could wipe out a whole convoi, but is that wise if that leads to astronomic prices? We'll see ^^ Nice idea Tomeran

Burgz    6

Look forward to this and getting involved due to BTR's banditry. I suppose it will be a lot more fun to attack the traders now :P

#hype

Bush    10

I am not sure if this is the place to ask a question, but I will do it anyway. Is the Hero/Bandit trader a part of The CTC? And if not who are they?

Tomeran    3

I am not sure if this is the place to ask a question, but I will do it anyway. Is the Hero/Bandit trader a part of The CTC? And if not who are they?

The hero trader is CTC, the bandit trader is not. Noone knows who the bandit fella is, but its obviously someone capable of moving a lot of hardware. CTC's stance on the fella is also unknown.

The various other individual traders around the map, such as the building materials and boat traders, are also CTC. Their activities are concentrated on the hubs, however.

Tomeran    3

Wasn't there a thread on this a few days ago? What am I missing? Looks great btw Tomeran.

There was a thread in the suggestion forum where I suggested it. I also brought that suggestion to the staff forums and today Rolle approved the concept.

Bryan    0

Nice! <3 HYPE!

Reptile449    0

Wasn't there a thread on this a few days ago? What am I missing? Looks great btw Tomeran.

There was a thread in the suggestion forum where I suggested it. I also brought that suggestion to the staff forums and today Rolle approved the concept.

Ah cool, congratulations on getting it passed then. I'm sure it will add some nice RP to Epoch, maybe less people will complain about it after they meet the CTC.

:D Awesome.

*dem flash backs* RIP in piece original CTC

edit: this is essentially what we did, but you guys actually have power to back you up. we only had our in game guns and wit lol Looking forward to this.

sad to see the lack of love for what WE did :( (i merely jest)

Tomeran    3

Just as my trading clan fails.

Maybe a spot for me?

Have a looksie at the clan thread and if you're still interested, give us a poke.

Tamaster92    14

Itshappening.gif

Just to flesh out ideas and such a bit, I think the plan would be the win for bandits attacking the convoy is a metric shit ton of specific supplies and then the chance to trade those for higher than usual items/cash. So if the convoy is safe, people get paid, there is more stock for everyone and the price lowers but of it fails then the people who attacked it get all the stuff, and the buy/sell prices go waay up and the stock goes waay down

Mush    2

Woo! Perhaps you could help at the Free Markets, being Traders and all, looking forward to seeing you guys!

Tamaster92    14

I'd say make the NPC killable, but I can see it being exploited to hell.

God could you even imagine the trolling that would come from that

Just as my trading clan fails.

Maybe a spot for me?

Have a looksie at the clan thread and if you're still interested, give us a poke.

I had a poke.

I was in NAPA as a recruit for some time aswell.

My current character is beyond that, but I can go back.

Seems fun. Really want to make a place for myself in the community.