Server time: 2017-11-19, 04:55

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vespah

[Guide] Tips to stop Base Griefing

Guest Vespah

[base Griefing]

Now unfortunately, since Epoch was implemented into the DayZRP servers, there has been many reports of base griefing. With no way to find out who is destroying bases in Epoch such as logs, I thought Id do a quick guide on how you can prevent it.

What actually is griefing?

Griefing can be described as an act of purposely destroying/placing uneeded objects in a base as an act to "troll" someone. Also, griefing can be described if a person/group purposely destroys certain sections of the base to make it aesthetically unappealing.

Acts of Griefing:

Removing Walls which dont really need to be removed

Moving/Removing/Stealing the Plot Pole

Destroying Vehicles inside of the base on purpose

Spamming objects into the base rendering the base unusable

If you plan to raid a base, make sure you only remove what is necessary such as doors and maybe a ceiling for roof entry.

From Osakas report, this is a perfect example of griefing.

6962b.jpg

1:

When choosing a place to build a base, use a location which is isolated. Try to keep it away from populated areas such as major cities, airfields and such. Try building on the outskirts of the map boundaries (But not debug)

2:

Access:

Who has access to your base? If you are building a clan base, try not to reveal the location to all clanmates such as Recruits (or the lowest ranks) and new clan members. Keep the location of the base disclosed within the more higher, trustworthy ranks of your clan.

Also, do not reveal the location (unless you want to) on forums or teamspeak. Use the Private clan forums here.

3:

Time Zones:

If indeed you are building a clan base, try to spread out your members across different timezones. This means that you'll have more members online which could look after the base at most times. Or as I like to call, the UK-Aussie Combo ;).

4:

Plot Pole Placement:

When building is completed, move your plot pole to a high point of your building. Create a separate reinforced room with your plot pole behind their. Keep your plot pole behind a locked door.

5:

Base Reinforcement:

When building your base, try to build the perimeter out of concrete rather than wood. Concrete absorbs alot of explosions and impacts.

If you have more time on your hands, reinforce your concrete walls with wooden walls for a bit of extra protection.

6:

Saw someone griefing?:

If you come across a base and you see it intentionally being destroyed by using the plot pole and just generally destroying the base, dont reveal yourself and start recording. If you reveal yourself, they will probably stop, but you want to catch them in the act.

7: (From Hofer)

If you're witnessing griefing check TS if there's an admin online. Poke the admin if he is, so that he can log in and catch them if possible.

Hope this helped.

Vesp

Nice thread I'm sure it will help everyone. Good work

Building on the edges of the playable map is a bit predictable since people have been putting bases there since ye olde DayZ. A dense forest or a place of high elevation would be my recommendations, but a good guide nonetheless.

Guest Pandi

Nice guide man, I will definitely use this for people asking me questions about base griefing.

7:

If you're witnessing griefing check TS if there's an admin online. Poke the admin if he is, so that he can log in and catch them if possible.

Guest whitepointer

Nice little guide man, it would be best if people didn't need a guide to explain what griefing is - but i'm afraid people just don't understand :(

Guest Vespah

Nice little guide man, it would be best if people didn't need a guide to explain what griefing is - but i'm afraid people just don't understand :(

Yeah I just put what could be considered acts of griefing. Its unfortunate that it happens and is the reason why I wont put in the time to build a base. Thanks though

Im guessing you dont gain any KoS rights if you see someone griefing your base? What if by the time you poke an admin, the culprit has run off leaving half your base destroyed?

Guest Vespah

Im guessing you dont gain any KoS rights if you see someone griefing your base? What if by the time you poke an admin, the culprit has run off leaving half your base destroyed?

Admins have access to a tracking map which tells you where players are, and Im not sure if you gain KoS rights. Maybe, if they steal from your base, but also they are committing a hostile action towards your base, not sure though

Very nice guide, I've had previous Epoch bases so I know most of these but this is good for new players on Epoch.

Guest Whazmeister

Just wondering if one is allowed to kill the person who'se griefing/attacking/robbing your base?

And

someone came to our base yesterday and said he was Police and he wanted the man in our base to open the door. (no initiation) They knew he was in there since they were talking and then they unnecesarily destroyed one of our cars, does this give us KoS as well? And is it against the rules?

If he destroy your vehicles you gain KOS rights.

If its 100% clear its YOUR car that is.

Guest Vespah

Just wondering if one is allowed to kill the person who'se griefing/attacking/robbing your base?

And

someone came to our base yesterday and said he was Police and he wanted the man in our base to open the door. (no initiation) They knew he was in there since they were talking and then they unnecesarily destroyed one of our cars, does this give us KoS as well? And is it against the rules?

Well if he says he is the Police so he is allowed entry.. wouldnt that be Godmodding? Its pretty bad RP too considering a Chernarus Police force would of been disbanded and disestablished. As Papa said below, destroying vehicles grants you KoS rights as long as the vehicle is yours.

Nice thread, I'm not an Epoch fan myself but I imagine this will help a lot of people.

Guest Whazmeister

And

Well if he says he is the Police so he is allowed entry.. wouldnt that be Godmodding? Its pretty bad RP too considering a Chernarus Police force would of been disbanded and disestablished. As Papa said below, destroying vehicles grants you KoS rights as long as the vehicle is yours.

Yeah, theyre RP wasnt great. Those 'Russian' police offers did not even have a russian accent.

And they tried giving us a speed ticket when I sat in their parked car.. In the middle of a road.

But okay, next time I see them we'll be throwing rocks and molotov cocktails! ;p

Guest Vespah

And

Yeah, theyre RP wasnt great. Those 'Russian' police offers did not even have a russian accent.

And they tried giving us a speed ticket when I sat in their parked car.. In the middle of a road.

But okay, next time I see them we'll be throwing rocks and molotov cocktails! ;p

Haha I know exactly what you mean. Yeah thats basically Godmodding I think

Sign in to follow this