Server time: 2017-08-17, 03:45

Sign in to follow this  
localvictor

Epoch in Rp my opinion.

localvictor    10

Now don't get me wrong Epoch has been fun there is just some elements that don't seem to work with RP [my Opinion]

The main element that I feel almost ruins the Role-play is that there is no sanctuary's or forts for example diesel plant or altar castle. However there is trader zones but that isn't enough, in my experience people don't stay at the zones they just pass through. So it would be nice if there was a area where we could meet and talk.

-Victor Wylie xoxo

People in general just RP less on epoch because they are too busy looting ,selling and building every time iv been on it and tried to RP with people they are always in a hurry to jump back in their car and go back to looting

Bush    10

The thing that makes it impossible to RP in trader cities is the fact that you can't use your mic while you're browsing the traders wares.

If you truly want to RP in Epoch, you can either go to the coast and RP with freshspawns on their way north or go to Pobeda Dam, the FM always offer good RP.

SirLawl    1

Yeah, it's that everyone is always busy that kills it, unsure what can be done about it.

Slute    1

Loot is such a concern in Epoch to so many people its getting annoying. You barely see a person and when you do, they jump in their car and drive away, afraid they'll get robbed.

I don't think settlements is a huge issue, as many little forts have been set up by clans like Free Medics for example. Settlements were taken out because they wanted people to go in all different directions to RP, in my opinion it just made it worse.

Mush    2

No settlements? Dude... There are camps everywhere, it's Epoch! Find some! :P

I think its because of the nature of loot you can get people were much more likely to talk to you original Dayzrp because they knew if they went to stary or north west they would only find a standard AK or M4

Thats and nobody is scared of the infected as they only tickle you....

However on Epoch you can go to ANY military spawn and walk out with M240 and 4 mags or a lapua magnum or whatever takes your fancy

so people are always rushing around trying to get this before other people

As for the base building....yeah it takes a lot of time initially but once its done people should stick around and RP in it especially if its a base for the public like the FM one is

Nihoolious    1090

Epoch, to me, was made to satisfy the loot goblins of the DayZ community. Every time I tried to talk to someone at a trader city I'd get one of three responses:

Silence...

"Get out of my backpack"

"DROP YOUR WEAPONS! DROP YOUR WEAPONS YOU HAVE 10 SECOND!"

I'm hoping that Epoch is indeed only temporary.

Epoch, to me, was made to satisfy the loot goblins of the DayZ community. Every time I tried to talk to someone at a trader city I'd get one of three responses:

Silence...

"Get out of my backpack"

+1

Tamaster92    14

Silence...

"Get out of my backpack"

As I've said about a million times in the past, the server is changing, at the moment vehicles are too common, loot is too common etc etc. Did you ever play RP before the patch that wiped the database? Everyone and their mum had KSVKs and all sorts. The bad RP accusation is on the individual not the mod. Sure at the minute the mod doesn't promote RP but that is getting better every day.

If someone fails to RP with you then report it instead of moaning on the forums about how Epoch is so terrible. I have personally seen both sides, been at the trader and had silence, and been at the trader and had some fantastic RP about selling of finds so they can buy meds for their infected child. It is was you make of it, just like settlements in regular RP.

BMCalliope    0

To be honest, I find kidnapping RP really fun talking to your captors (or captees) finding information on their bases etc. or having that information extracted from you (slightly less fun)

But I've had quite a few really good RP experiences with random people just around the place, with FM BoS and random people we've encountered, however many of them have been rushed as people are as someone here has said, rushing around trying to get back to looting banditing etc etc.

I think all you would need to do to increase RP in Epoch, is massively change the trader prices and guns you can buy, for example you wouldn't have everyone in the game running around with a M240 and a M24 or the like, and maybe make base building a lot more limited not sure how but just a suggestionez.

LumberJack    18

Epoch took place for the regular server when it was down. When the regular DayZRP is back up, epoch should leave. Tamster your quote says

the server is changing, at the moment vehicles are too common, loot is too common etc etc.

So epoch in the end is going to be edited, correct? In the end will it be much different then regular DayZRP? If not then what is the point of it? Buying guns is a horrible idea, Base building in epoch is horrid and somewhat pointless (imo) and those are really the only thing that will really separate the two in the end. I would like the main focus to be put back into the regular DayZRP, not split betwen the two. Am I making sense or do I just sound stupid?

Tamaster92    14

To be honest, I find kidnapping RP really fun talking to your captors (or captees) finding information on their bases etc. or having that information extracted from you (slightly less fun)

But I've had quite a few really good RP experiences with random people just around the place, with FM BoS and random people we've encountered, however many of them have been rushed as people are as someone here has said, rushing around trying to get back to looting banditing etc etc.

I think all you would need to do to increase RP in Epoch, is massively change the trader prices and guns you can buy, for example you wouldn't have everyone in the game running around with a M240 and a M24 or the like, and maybe make base building a lot more limited not sure how but just a suggestionez.

Exactly what is in the process of happening :)

I've started updating the traders, utility vehicles and aircraft trader are done and live ATM. I'm about 1/3rd done rewriting the loot tables to be implemented. Other smaller changes are being rolled out almost daily as well.

Epoch took place for the regular server when it was down. When the regular DayZRP is back up, epoch should leave. Tamster your quote says

the server is changing, at the moment vehicles are too common, loot is too common etc etc.

So epoch in the end is going to be edited, correct? In the end will it be much different then regular DayZRP? If not then what is the point of it? Buying guns is a horrible idea, Base building in epoch is horrid and somewhat pointless (imo) and those are really the only thing that will really separate the two in the end. I would like the main focus to be put back into the regular DayZRP, not split betwen the two. Am I making sense or do I just sound stupid?

You make sense don't worry. Many people (myself included) see the base building as fantastic and the best selling point. Is it a bit ugly? Sure. But it's a mod of a mod of a buggy game, it's a miracle it even works. I think the major difference between epoch and RP will be the bases, the economy, and the other small epoch improvements, like salvaging.

Ghost    8

People in general just RP less on epoch because they are too busy looting ,selling and building every time iv been on it and tried to RP with people they are always in a hurry to jump back in their car and go back to looting

True dat!!

valkerion is 100% right with this all people want to do is loot and build

So where exactly is Epoch going? is this going to become the main server?(once everything has been changed and updated) and S1 is slowly going to be phased out thats kinda what it sounds like to me at the moment.

Dont take this the wrong way this may sound like flame but you seem to be spending an awful amount of time on something that i thought was just a "placeholder" until the DayZRP code was fixed.

I dunno maybe im just out of the loop but everyone iv spoke to dosnt seem to know either they seem to be under the same impression as me that it is a "placeholder"

With that said what is actually happening can i be put into the loop please?

What are the future plans for DayZRP?

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I'm sorry to say this, but settlements aren't needed for roleplay.

If you're that determined to commit to a full roleplay experience, i'm sure your able to push the other party into joining in.

It may be epoch, but it's still epoch roleplay for a reason. If you're having such troubles with people not roleplaying, maybe you should record it and report it.

I'm sorry to say this, but settlements aren't needed for roleplay.

If you're that determined to commit to a full roleplay experience, i'm sure your able to push the other party into joining in.

It may be epoch, but it's still epoch roleplay for a reason. If you're having such troubles with people not roleplaying, maybe you should record it and report it.

As easy as that is too just record and report people it seems petty to me which is one of the main reasons i dont bother reporting people for bad RP (unless its extremely bad/sexual RP) id rather not get into a 4 page argument with someone or a group of people just so i can get some RP out of them which results in them being temp banned so i wont get any RP from them anyway....id rather just move on ,moan for a little bit then forget about it.

Nihoolious    1090

Talking about Epoch as a mod, I dont really a problem with the traders and the prices of items, the bigger issue is the loot that spawns.

I shouldn't be able to spawn in Balota and find an M240 Scope+Gunbag nor should I be able to just wait for M60s and other goodies to spawn at Stary so I can instantly sell them.

Base building may seem like a janky version of Minecraft, but has potential for interesting RP as long as people dont grief 24/7.

Tamaster92    14

I will say this before I head off for the night.

RP1 is NOT going anywhere. The only thing that might possibly replace it would be standalone, and that has a long way to go yet. As for Epoch it's my hope that they can run side by side and offer similar yet different experiences. Ultimately though it is up to Rolle and the admin team not me, but I urge people to stop judging the epoch server until it is at least 50% finished, it is just getting started as far as customization goes.

Oldman    22

Go to settlements to rp and ban base griefers. There is a report about that open in formal not solved yet.

Murdercool    32

My signature sums up my opinion, I just think I like it how it was nice and vanilla.

Ruskie    0

unfortunately ive never had the chance of playing normal rp as there are only 3 people on server 1 at any time it would seem. but I don't think epoch as it is, is right for dayz rp, Ive gone to stary so many times but ive never had a conversation lasting more than 20 seconds there, except for one time a guy accused me of stealing from his backpack. I know this isn't related to rp but the other day I was running for about 4 hours, in that time I saw 8 cars next to the road, all were locked.