Server time: 2017-08-22, 12:58

Sign in to follow this  
PCJames

Forwarding Bases From Arma 2 To Standalone

PCJames    167

Now this is just an idea but I'm sure it's possible.

Once Rolle get's the ability to whitelist his SA server then we finally start to RP, but it's harder to RP when no one knows a good place to gather and RP and be safe from zombies. Now I know that there is RP place at Guba but nothing is stopping a bandit from coming and massacring people who are there just to RP. Settlements is the answer and, and they need to be in RP. Obviously Rocket would have to forward all the buildings and ultimately the map of Chernaurus from Arma to SA code, or we would be waiting for Standalone for Standalone until we died of waiting. I know this has been done in other cases as you can see here. Seeing as the Bohemia also helped Rocket create SA then the coding would be similar if the same and the textures are just different and he added the interior coding. SO all we would have to do is make our settlement's on Arma 2 editor as usual and find some program or something that would forward it to Standalone. I realize this is something for the future, but this is just to make people aware. Thank you for reading.

Toorrik    4

Settlements is the answer and, and they need to be in RP.

No. The server had great RP before settlements and will continue to have great RP after they're gone.

Also we have no idea currently what Client side editors we are getting if any, so its not something we honestly need to be thinking about currently.

Vulric    0

I don't understand, if there's an RP Whitelist server up, what "bandit" is just gonna murder people at Guba? (If it's still an RP hotspot).

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Settlements are pointless in standalone in my opinion, now almost every building is accessible there is no need for settlements. There is so much more space and there is a lot of good buildings that are easily defensible that can be used as roleplaying spots. Such as a large apartment block, one way up through an elevator shaft, no bandit force is getting to you through there.

Or you could use a random town as a settlement, every restart kill all the zombies and pretend its free from the infection, then when the bandits move in and initiate everyone can hide in all the newly accessible buildings and fight it out.

Symmetrical    1

Generally I agree with the idea.

I also think that settlements add a lot to the RP but the thing is that big clans tend to attack a lot.

That's not good RP that's just turning this server to PVP clusterfuck.

Tamaster92    14

Will be pointless once they add simple building, boarding up houses, underground bases etc.

GingerHippo    4

Hmm, maybe be better to re-create new ones once we move to SA as there will be better options and more add-ons to use once we're there!

FireMatt    1

Perhaps we should just wait and see what tools become available to the public on SA.

I don't really want settlements to be put in with some dodgy 3rd party tool that might cause tons of errors server and client side.

-1 until further notice.