Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:34
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Vector

The Fall of Epsilon

Vector    0

It was a night like any other, quiet yet uneasy, as the rest of the squad were sleeping Roach sat next to the smouldering fire sharpening his trusted combat knife. The only sounds to be heard were of the logs crackling and popping, he sits gazing at the moon.

It felt like any normal night on watch but this one was somehow different. He had finally grown used to the idea of being hunted by fellow survivors and zombies.He was numb to it all, knowing that it was do or die. there is no time for hesitation in this world

he runs his thumb across the edge of his knife checking to see how sharp it was. a smile creped out of the right side of his mouth.that will do he whispered to himself. he takes the blade firmly in his hand and raises it close to his neck, turning his head towards his right shoulder.

he begins to shave.the other task force members sleeping in the tents close by. his mind moves to more darker thoughts.still using his blade to shave he uses his other hand to check to see if he missed any hair when his hand drifts across a deep scar running along his jaw.The scar was a reminder of the first time he took another life. A life that belonged to an young man who had been given a mission to kill Roach while he served the army during Operation Palliser (Sierra Leone).

It was a memory that would never fade.

He clambers to his feet knife lowered to his side. slowly walking to the tents,he noticed a shadow moving slowly through the trees. creeping slowly past the tents and into the trees he begins to flank the dark figure.Now behind it he snatched forward grabbing the face his knife quickly and firmly to its neck. the shadowy figure starts try and speak, the words muffled by Roach's hand "make a noise and I cut your throat" he whispered.To his surprise the figure was his Ukrainian Co Captain Dima Karmaov. "what the fuck were you doing Dima?" he asked." I needed to take crap, what is problem ?" he responded. "I almost ended you, you silly prick "Softly laughing they both returned to the smouldering camp fire. " It has been weeks since we last had contact with command, do you think we have lost them ?" he asked. "Sadly I think so friend" Dima replied. knowing that this might happen at some point Roach began to pull at the patch on his right arm until it came lose, he tossed it into the the fire. " I guess this is the end of Epsilon Brother, It's just us now"the pair sat silently as the reality began to sink in.

they were truly alone now,with no one to answer to but each other the pair picked up their rifles and began down the hill

Vector    0

thanks buddy, I'm not much of a story teller or a to good with words for that matter but I'm glad you liked it

Sign in to follow this