Server time: 2017-08-17, 15:36

Sign in to follow this  
DeusMach

What's A Good Video Editing Software?

DeusMach    0

As the name suggests, what's a good video editing software to use while making videos that is either low-cost or free and better than Window Movie Maker?

PCJames    151

Search on youtube, "free Sony Vegas"

tnkydoe    14

Adobe after effects is one of the best video editing software you can buy. The problem with it, is that it is not very user friendly. It take more to learn but is very fun once you have. Sony vegas on the other hand is a "cheaper" versipn of after effects and is great if you plan on just cutting clips and rendering. You will be able to render in great quality, way better than WMV.

DeusMach    0

I wish to be able to make title sequences, better flashbacks and (maybe) some floating letters during frames so I don't have to continually put subtitles on the bottom when I it's hard to hear someone.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Sony Vegas Pro is a great software for editing videos. Their is so much you can do with it, it is definitely worth the money, although you can get it for free but I will can not discuss that with you.

Adobe After Affects is better than Sony Vegas Pro in my opinion, it is a little bit harder to understand but after understand how it works it is brilliant, you can also get it for free if you can not afford it, but I can not discuss that.

Hope I helped!

Toorrik    4

Adobe after effects is one of the best video editing software you can buy. The problem with it, is that it is not very user friendly. It take more to learn but is very fun once you have. Sony vegas on the other hand is a "cheaper" versipn of after effects and is great if you plan on just cutting clips and rendering. You will be able to render in great quality, way better than WMV.

^

This. If you are willing to put the effort in and learn, After Effects is one of the best you will get. If you just want basic editing like cropping clips together ect then Sony Vegas is just fine.

Tamaster92    14

After effects is fantastic but bloated and not user friendly.

For simple things is suggest Vegas too

Kanen    108

Sony Vegas 9 always was reliable for me back in the day.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I use Sony Vegas Pro 12, I find it really easy to use and is really efficient and renders to the fastest possible ability depending on RAM. CPU etc.

If you are looking for a simpler way, use Camstasia, and if you are looking for the most detailed but most difficult, then go for After Affects 6 as it also provides animation tools.

DeusMach    0

I don't need any fancy 3D junk or animation stuff xD I just need something that will allow me to put down words easier for subtitles and more dynamically than WMV. For example, in one of FreddieOnPCin1080p's videos, there's a zed swimming in water with letters bobbing over his head... that's what I mean. :P Nothing too fancy.

Seryth    0

I'm currently studying animation at college, and so obviously video editing is part of that.

I taught myself how to use Sony Vegas Pro at home, and I love the program. It's an advanced video editor, and yet still relatively intuitive to pick up. Things make sense, and it's easy to whip up a nicely edited YouTube video with it.

In class, we've been using Adobe products - I've used After Effects, Premiere and Final Cut. I like all three for different reasons, but as an overall video editor if you're just going to want one program to do it all, After Effects is what you want. The problem with AE is it's huge learning curve. It's extremely powerful, but unless you know what you're doing with it, it's a mess.

I have managed to port over a lot of the skills I learned from Vegas though; some features have different names and placements, but it's all roughly similar.

I would advise starting with Sony Vegas Pro, and then if you find you cannot do what you want to do, then move to After Effects. There's no point spending ages learning things if you don't need to!

Also, if you ever need a hand with anything to do with SV, I'll be more than happy to help, just drop me a PM.

EDIT: SV = Sony Vegas, AE = After Effects. Sorry for any confusion caused by this!

Tamaster92    14

Oh yeah!

final cut is AMAZING. But also stupid expensive so unless you wanna splurge don't go for it. It is the industry standard for video editing though.

GingerHippo    4

Oh yeah!

final cut is AMAZING. But also stupid expensive so unless you wanna splurge don't go for it. It is the industry standard for video editing though.

*cough* Torrent *cough*