Server time: 2017-10-17, 20:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
DeusMach

Hostile Actions?

Question

DeusMach    0

Alright, I've run across a few problems in my understanding of the concept 'Hostile Action' and the correspondance between such actions and Initiations.

A few questions:

1) If you ask someone to step out of their car for questioning and they follow along with it, is it still considered an initiation, even if you did not state that you would shoot them or bring any harm to them?

2) If you run across someone being robbed and use the Good Samaritan Rule, does this forgo the initiation process, allowing you to take out the robber with a single shot if you are certain you can do it? I know this is a hostile action, and I am also curious if the shot would be considered initiation on the person being robbed.

3) Lastly, is it considered initiation to ask someone to do something, but not give them violent consequences if they do not follow through? As in, asking someone to drop their radio for safety reasons? Or asking someone to step out of a car unarmed?

15 answers to this question

Sidewinder    1

1) Nope, unless you state hostilities.

2) Yes but you have to witness or hear the initiation

3) Nope, you need to state again like 1.

Reptile449    0

1) Asking someone to get out is not an initiation, no KOS rights.

2) You can headshot them, but only if you are sure the situation is a robbery. Best not to use it unless you have overheard and seen the events leading up to an initiation so you don't shoot someone you shouldn't.

3) You must give consequences for something to be considered hostile and get KOS rights. If they refuse to comply in the time given (10 seconds min) or try to run/fight you get KOS rights.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Hey, I'll try and answer your questions.

1. No it is not a hostile action as long as you ask them and not demand them. But obviously if you just ask they could just drive away if they wanted to.

2. If you use the good samartin rule then you have to witness the whole robbery and you should only really do it if you know you can save the hostage, otherwise if he just gets killed the good samartin rule seems pointless.

3. See their is a difference between asking and telling, they can always say no if they want if you are asking. If you are demanding then they gain KoS rights.

Hope I helped man, if you have any further questions feel free to PM me!

DeusMach    0

Alright, I have one more question regaurding the replies.

1) Since it's not considered hostile to ask, but not demand, ID from someone or for them to step out of the car, is it considered an initiation to do these things at a checkpoint along a road? As in, a driver is driving from Berezhino towards Elekto and runs into a checkpoint at the Krutoy Cap. There's a Garage Door blocking the way, as well as a deer stand on either side, with sandbag barriers and tanktraps set up in a fence a few meters off the road (as proper roadblock rules dictate). The person driving the car is asked to provide ID by a guard there or turn back. Is this considered a hostile initiation? (I should add that there is no hostile intentions in the ID check and once provided, the car is let through.)

//EDIT: Thought of another one to clarify on:

2) If your teammate is getting robbed and gives you the coords (assuming he has his radio) of the robbery and you manage to get there, are you allowed to use that as a Good Samaritan rule to take the person out?

Reptile449    0

1) You must give consequences for it to be considered hostile and give KOS rights. Roadblocks don't give anything special apart from forcing a car to slow down or go off an asphalt road allowing you to initiate on it within the rules.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Alright, I have one more question regaurding the replies.

1) Since it's not considered hostile to ask, but not demand, ID from someone or for them to step out of the car, is it considered an initiation to do these things at a checkpoint along a road? As in, a driver is driving from Berezhino towards Elekto and runs into a checkpoint at the Krutoy Cap. There's a Garage Door blocking the way, as well as a deer stand on either side, with sandbag barriers and tanktraps set up in a fence a few meters off the road (as proper roadblock rules dictate). The person driving the car is asked to provide ID by a guard there or turn back. Is this considered a hostile initiation? (I should add that there is no hostile intentions in the ID check and once provided, the car is let through.)

No this is not a hostile action, roadblock/checkpoints can be used to ID people, as long as they don't show any hostile actions against you everything is okay. Remember, roadblocks and checkpoints aren't always bad, some people just like to get some ID from everyone if they are searching for someone.

Hope I helped!

DeusMach    0

Should check the post again, put a second point down in regards to the Good Samaritan ruling.

Reptile449    0

If you are an official clan then all KOS rights are shared, anyone with KOS rights on a member can kill you (Though that would be bad RP unless done right) and anyone a clan member has KOS rights on you do as well.

DeusMach    0

Alright, so two random players in this situation (not in a clan) do not share KoS rights unless they are close enough to hear the initiation?

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Alright, so two random players in this situation (not in a clan) do not share KoS rights unless they are close enough to hear the initiation?

If the two random players witness the situation and they are in teamspeak and they hear the initiation they can share KoS rights (Good Samartin), but if their was a third player and he was down the road and didn't witness it and didn't hear the initiation then he can't come up to the scene and start killing the people committing hostile actions to your friends, he would have to re-initiate on them and if they didn't comply, that is when he/she gains KoS rights.

Reptile449    0

They have to have heard or seen the robbery of their friend. For example you are looting the supermarket and see you friend across the road drop his guns as someone walks up to him. Your friend says he is being robbed. You can leave the supermarket and kill the guy.

If they are on different parts of the map and one drives up afterwards to kill you and claim the good Samaritan rule that would be KOS.

DeusMach    0

Alrighty-o! That about sums up my questions! I can't wait for the next time I'm able to spend a while on DayZRP xD I'ma gonna make me a Roadblock.

//EDIT: Oh, and this can be considered Solved now xD

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Alrighty-o! That about sums up my questions! I can't wait for the next time I'm able to spend a while on DayZRP xD I'ma gonna make me a Roadblock.

Sweet, so this thread is solved now, yeah?

Like I say before, if you have any more questions, I'm always around to help.

Good luck with that roadblock!

Edit: 800th post. :D