Server time: 2017-10-23, 02:40
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Valkerion

Question About Stealing

Question

Valkerion    0

I know how there is a rule that if people steal from you you gain KOS rights on them.

Now my question is if say your hidden car/heli is stolen and the culprits radio you because they know it belongs to you or a certain group/clan to gloat how they have taken it from you do you still gain the same KOS rights?

Or is it only if you witness someone stealing from you?

This has yet to happen to me yet but the thought just popped into my head

17 answers to this question

Popeye509    1

I think you have to witness it but technically you have the evidence against them so I dunno...

Valkerion    0

I think you have to witness it but technically you have the evidence against them so I dunno...

Yeah I thought the same but I would rather get it confirmed than risk KOSing someone should it ever happen in the future

Plus posting it on here means everyone will know should it happen to them

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I would say that it would be metagaming because this is OOC information. I personally would use it as a chance to capture them and enact a little torture.

Good luck, I'd recommend a good hatchetting and a little water-boarding, then maybe you could give them an ultimatum.

Either way, gloating that you stole a vehicle is a dick move.

Valkerion    0

I would say that it would be metagaming because this is OOC information. I personally would use it as a chance to capture them and enact a little torture.

Good luck, I'd recommend a good hatchetting and a little water-boarding, then maybe you could give them an ultimatum.

Either way, gloating that you stole a vehicle is a dick move.

I was thinking more like an IC radio call to gloat/insult but yes i agree doing it OOC would just be a dick move i probably should have mentioned I meant IC

for example the clan im working on hates the soviets and are more than happy to show it

so i was thinking should we ever steal something from SVR or a similar russian military clan.

That we would radio them and gloat/insult them that we stole it and that they should look after their equipment better and such.

as it would sort of go in hand with our RP.

500th post xD

Alyd    4

I don't *think* that gloating gives you KOS rights...

Besides, You should try and capture them as opposed to gaining mystical KOS rights.

Valkerion    0

I don't *think* that gloating gives you KOS rights...

Besides, You should try and capture them as opposed to gaining mystical KOS rights.

Well it wouldn't be mystical as they have told you they have done it but I can see where you're coming from and no i dont think you gain KOS for gloating i was focusing more on the stealing aspect of said message

I would prefer it if they didn't gain KOS but that is why im checking :)

I don't want to do it then just get blasted randomly and not know if that is legitimate or not

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I believe you have to witness the event in which someone steals your property for you to gain KOS rights.

Just say you had a nice black SUV in the middle of the forest, and a random stranger comes wondering by - he looks at the nice black SUV and goes for a joy ride, completely oblivious to the fact that someone put it there.

He then gets shot by the owners, RIP.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

As long as you are near the car so they know you own it and you have witnessed it. Then you'd gain KoS rights from them stealing it of you. But if you witness your car being stolen and their was no one around looking after it or showing that it is yours then I believe you will not gain KoS rights.

Hope I helped!

Siorre    0

It's a no. You have to state you have rights to that vehicle. If you are online and they see you get out of it or you are by it Grants YOU KoS rights

R Steele    0

Yeah you have to witness it so that you are close enough to claim it as yours as they steal it. If you are not there you lose claim to the vehicle and the KOS rights from it being stolen

As said above, you have to witness the event in order to gain the KOS rights. Even if the person "Radio" you about how he did it, etc.

Unless you are part of the clan which has been attacked or if you are directly involved in any ways. What do you mean by "the culprits radio you" ? You mean like he contact you on TeamSpeak and start to brag about it?

Whitefur    4

You mean like he contact you on TeamSpeak and start to brag about it?

I'm pretty sure thats what he means. Still why anyone would do that idk, its like saying "Hey, Next time you see me please kidnap and execute me!"

Slute    1

You definitely have to witness the robbery as it would fully insure that they did in fact steal it.

For all you know it could be some troll messaging you to mess with you. Dont want to be KOS'ing false contacts right? :P

Valkerion    0

You mean like he contact you on TeamSpeak and start to brag about it?

I'm pretty sure thats what he means. Still why anyone would do that idk, its like saying "Hey, Next time you see me please kidnap and execute me!"

Well my thought behind it was that if you and another clan really hated it each other IC that you would ridicule them for not being about to protect their assets.

Kind of the same thing with what clans do after a firefight when they go on each others forum page and drop radio messages about how great their forces were and how pathetic the enemy was etc.

I didnt think it would give someone KOS but better to have it confirmed before i do it

Nihoolious    1248

I see no problem using the info that was given on TS (as long as it was intended by both parties to be used IC) to hold a grudge or have reason to rob someone, just not kill them in the next 2 hours.

Valkerion    0

Can someone go ahead and mark this as solved

it appears you do not gain KOS for doing things like this...which is good because i intend to do it IC of course

TomG    0

Closed per request

Any more questions then feel free to PM me :)