Server time: 2017-10-18, 02:16
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
kharmasutra

RP Server 1

kharmasutra    0

This isn't really a problem, question or suggestion but more of an observation.

I'm speaking in very broad terms. I don't mean to speak for anyone else. This is just my view.

It seems to me the people that like shiny guns and the newest flavor of the month game have pretty much moved on to either Epoch or the standalone. The people that I've encountered that still play on RP Server 1 religiously are the people who genuinely just love to roleplay and don't really seem to care to much about a bunch of extra stuff added. As long as the basic vanilla DayZ mod works we all seem to be happy. Again just my own observations. #rollbackserver

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Hey, they are working on fixing everything. Slowly people will slide back on to DayZRP mod it just takes some time. I personally don't really like Epoch either, but I play it because I know it will be all back to normal soon. If it's not which is a very slim chance then I'll just have to get on with it. Epoch isn't as bad as you think, it is just the roleplay, sometimes people lack in the attitude to roleplay. But I do agree with you man. I'll always prefer DayZRP Mod Chernarus. Epoch is good for the moment though. :)

kharmasutra    0

I'm not a man. Don't refer to me as such, as we have had this conversation before. I'm sure you would not appreciate it if people referred to you as a woman. Thanks.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I'm not a man. Don't refer to me as such, as we have had this conversation before. I'm sure you would not appreciate it if people referred to you as a woman. Thanks.

People do make mistakes, lady.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

This is the second time I've done this now, it won't happen again.

Ill re-correct the post again.

I'm so used to saying 'Hey man' to people, I'll remember now.

I didn't even realize you made this post, I can be a dumb ass some times! :)

kharmasutra    0

People make mistakes but I've had this discussion with Pandi before. Next time I will take it as trolling and make complaint.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Hehe, ok.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

People make mistakes but I've had this discussion with Pandi before. Next time I will take it as trolling and make complaint.

I don't think it's trolling, it's a mistake only I'd make. I honestly didn't realize it was you, otherwise I wouldn't have done it and I'm sure you know that. If you look back on all my other posts then I'm sure at least 90% of the time I say 'Hey man', admittedly I need to stop saying it as their are females on this server.

My apologies once again.

I've had the pleasure of meeting you and....was it Marcus, I'm not good with names :S, and I feel sorta glad to be playing on regular S1.

You are right, most of the people on it, they are there for the roleplay, not once have I ever seen such great roleplay on S1, ever.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Agree with everything by the OP. I am among the few who seem to join the server constantly regardless of the low pop. And frankly I am loving it. Sure it sucks about the low pop but the people who are playing on it now are true role-players. We do not want nor need a dozen new guns added, we don't need base-building and we sure don't need changes in loot tables (If anything turn down gun spawns).

The few dedicated people who are still playing in S1 are simply there for the ****experience****. A big word ALOT of people have seem to forgotten about.

Edit: Down with Epoch, Long Live DayZRP!

+1 for Rollback

Mace is actually doing a BIG role in the RP on S1 now that I think about it, and he tells us constantly to play on it.

Hopefully the server will be back up tomorrow.

kharmasutra    0

I've had the pleasure of meeting you and....was it Marcus, I'm not good with names :S, and I feel sorta glad to be playing on regular S1.

You are right, most of the people on it, they are there for the roleplay, not once have I ever seen such great roleplay on S1, ever.

Marcus? If you are referring to me, I'm Sophia and I am a woman in and out of the game. If you met me you would know that.

No, I'm referring to the guy you were with.

You know, at the outpost? Pretty sure it was like 2 nights ago. :S

-shutupcarib-

Arcarius    25

I second what Amir says, The people who i have encountered are awesome, and wonderful Rpers, they know how to have fun without the base-building and what not.

+1 for Rollback

People make mistakes, theres no need to threaten to report them

Let's not go off topic here guys, we are here to talk about S1.

kharmasutra    0

People make mistakes, theres no need to threaten to report them

I've had previous conversations with Pandi about this. I'm not reporting him, but I'm saying the NEXT time, I will. Be respectful and I will give the same respect.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

In my mind, I don't think it's the fact that people on Epoch like 'shiny guns' or a new flavor. However they enjoy the new playstyle and feel that Epoch brings to the table.

It has a different feel to vanilla Dayz, some may like it - others may not.

Oh, I also think people should keep on topic - we don't want a thread of flames :D

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Epoch has a different feel to vanilla dayz..

Because its not vanilla dayz! :(

I want my S1 back 3

Edit: Viva La S1

TrilbyAsh    6

Alrighty, lets not discuss the whole "Gender" thing anymore, people don't always read the name of the poster, and just the post.

In terms of the servers and all that, it'll be much better once we get the mod back to full working order. Although due to the popularity of Epoch, I'm quite sure that Epoch will be here for a fair while. Give it a while, we've got plans to make Epoch a lot more RP focused. All I can say is, Soon.