Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mykoli

Ghost town.

Mykoli    1

So I've noticed people are playing RP again but I can never see anyone in game if I play so a quick question.. Where is everyone hanging out at? I want some RP again :( !

Mush    2

I'd hang around Stary area, central. Bound to see someone there!

Mykoli    1

I'd hang around Stary area, central. Bound to see someone there!

Is this on the Normal RP server or the Epoch?

I'm 50/50 on playing Epoch because I've heard people avoid RP and just play it like its deathmatch?

Mush    2

Normal RP, for Epoch go to Pobeda Dam, top of the map, little village I'm a part of down there!

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Head to Pobeda on Epoch, I always seem to see at least one person up there.

I'v also seen alot of people at North East Air Field.

Osaka    19

Epoch Pobeda, 100% chance to find some RP there.

If you are in a trader city on Epoch you usually don't see any RP. People are just busy with their transactions and simply don't feel like chatting then. Wait for them to leave the area and try to go with them. RP insured there. Or they ignore you because there have been quite some horrid players doing "RP" at trader cities.

Hofer    20

Only place you find RP on Epoch is Pobeda unfortunately.

Last night I played on RP1 again due to it being back up, and I was around The Outpost where I had the first bit of real and good RP in weeks.

Hopefully S2 will be back soon and we can continue as we did before Christmas.

SirLawl    1

Epoch has indeed taken a downfall in terms of RP quality. In my opinion it's a result of losing the DayZRP assets, and therefore uniforms, etc. But that is just a theory, it might be that they are distracted by other aspects of epoch. If you want good RP, RP! is generally the best option. Apparently you can find good RP in pobeda though, as others have been saying, but I normally hang around stary when using Epoch.

Othuyeg    20

Just reminding, that the RP you find at popeda is not the kind of RP where you go picking pockets and walking into bases without permission. Annoying people is bad, mmkay?

Hofer    20

Where's the outpost on RP1?

Just west of Elektro, on the coast :)

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Thanks for the RP last night Hofer by the way!

OT: As people have said, Pobeda is a great place, but maybe you could encourage some RP at traders, but RP seems lacking there currently.

Also what you could do is wait for RBT bus company, and hope it takes your route and get picked up. Had some fun with Davis and Bill, lovely fellas both!

But only when they are online, otherwise one can wait a rather long time.

also I seem to find a lot of people on the coast.

And ofcourse pobedo dam, but since everybody goes there, some conflicts may occur :)

SirLawl    1

Thanks for the RP last night Hofer by the way!

OT: As people have said, Pobeda is a great place, but maybe you could encourage some RP at traders, but RP seems lacking there currently.

I don't blame them too much, the trader system is unfortunately very fiddly, so most spend their time concentrating on it rather than roleplaying. Probably not much that can be done about it. xP

Slute    1

In Epoch, like the others said, go towards Pobeda dam and trader cities to find tons of people and some great RP. You are bound to find people at the airfields on both servers, because of the barracks and the popularity of the airfields.

On regular RP theres definitely going to be people in the main cities, Elektro and Cherno.

See you out there!

Valkerion    0

as far as i know on S1 the outpost is pretty popular at the moment.

also seen people at the north west airfield quite commonly and in and around stary

And i know my group (ISOA) which is about 8 people is currently hanging around Pobeda dam a lot recently so you will be able to find us up there most likely i know il be there today for certain :) not until about 3 and half hours from now though i iz stuck in work :(

Tomeran    3

Funny how people move to RP at the outpost on RP1 when TOR largely moves over to epoch to build a new outpost there. Back when we did that, we had like 5 visitors a week at the elektro outpost. :D

Not sure if I like or dislike the traffic at the elektro outpost. As long as people dont treat it like a settlement and flock the place to turn it into the new Altar or Diesel. Its meant as a port and re-supply hub for people, not as a social hub. But as long as things are civil, I wont mind the later.

Experience tells me though that its not gonna stay that way for long. I hope im wrong.

Robbin    0

Funny how people move to RP at the outpost on RP1 when TOR largely moves over to epoch to build a new outpost there. Back when we did that, we had like 5 visitors a week at the elektro outpost. :D

Not sure if I like or dislike the traffic at the elektro outpost. As long as people dont treat it like a settlement and flock the place to turn it into the new Altar or Diesel. Its meant as a port and re-supply hub for people, not as a social hub. But as long as things are civil, I wont mind the later.

Experience tells me though that its not gonna stay that way for long. I hope im wrong.

In all fairness, with The Watchers there, and if they're willing to spend the time, a social hub would not have to be terrible.

Stagsview    624

In all fairness, with The Watchers there, and if they're willing to spend the time, a social hub would not have to be terrible.

We go to the outpost mostly every evening for some RP and to bring some supplies. The american side is always there, it is always so welcoming. On the euro its hard due to most members just getting sooo many bugs IG, some have trouble staying logged in :S. But we do love it there.

Tomeran    3

Something that I was taught a long time ago: It doesnt matter how many people you have in terms of security, trolls and such will always sneak through, and high security isnt necessarily a proper detriment to bandit attacks since some bandits, maybe even most, dont seem to care one inch about their life compared to the possible gains.

Haven proved that you can effectivly defend settlements, but that place was defensible. Not even the most intoxicated person would call the outpost defensible. :D

It was not constructed as a social hub, nor to be defended as one.

Robbin    0

Yeah, I see what you mean Tomeran, and I'm certainly not implying we should encourage people to go there. However, we will always welcome a weary with open arms.

kharmasutra    0

Something that I was taught a long time ago: It doesnt matter how many people you have in terms of security, trolls and such will always sneak through, and high security isnt necessarily a proper detriment to bandit attacks since some bandits, maybe even most, dont seem to care one inch about their life compared to the possible gains.

Haven proved that you can effectivly defend settlements, but that place was defensible. Not even the most intoxicated person would call the outpost defensible. :D

It was not constructed as a social hub, nor to be defended as one.

I spend most of my evenings with Mace, Dr. Arc and Amir at the outpost. We stock supplies together while swapping jokes and riddles or telling stories. We don't try to "defend" anything. The doors are open, the supplies are ment to be shared and we have no weapons nor do we store any weapons here. Visitors come and go and have also been kind to donate things when they can.

Each day more and more people come to join us and I think they realize pretty quickly that this is meant to be a neutral place to seek medical assistance or food and water. Even the cannibals have been very well-behaved so far. I hope people will continue to respect what is being built here. You would be proud Tomeran, Mace is doing such a wonderful job with this place.

***Thank you to all the people who have been coming here. The RP has been amazing and I'm so greatful to finally get to meet so many new faces and personalities.***

Every time I go to the outpost and I tell somebody I'm a Ranger:

"Oh, you're a Ranger, have you met Mace?"

Literally every single person at the outpost. :(

I'll have to steal his swag with my crossbow