Server time: 2017-08-22, 08:56

Sign in to follow this  
armouredwaffle

Computer specs help

When I play some games, like rust, for about 20 mins, my computer screen shuts off (goes into the 'no signal' message) and then my computer turns off. When I play rust, I can turn down the graphics and turn off the grass and it will last a little longer, but the problem still happens. I think it's my graphics card, but am unsure if it is the card itself, or the cooling around it.

Had a problem like this on Dayz SA, but after a few hours, and turning down settings seemed to have fixed it.

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (64bit)

8GB ram

GPU: GeForce GTX 570

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 @ 3.10GHz

620GB free

Advice would be highly appreciated!

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

I'm going to have a quick search around to see if I have seen any other problems like this, I'll let you know in 10.

Edit: After thinking about it, it actually sounds like your computer is heating up to much and turning itself off. That is the problem most likely, if so then you need to buy more coolers for your computer.

Maybe try opening your computer up and cleaning everything carefully, if you haven't done this in a while, it may help.

naury42    0

Personally if you havent opened your pc box, then I wouldnt even try to find solution. If you have the paper for the return, like they might take it back or sth, I would just give it back. Because if you havent done anything and it just does it, bring it back.

Maybe try opening your computer up and cleaning everything carefully, if you haven't done this in a while, it may help.

Cleaned it recently with compressed air.

I think you're right when it comes down to cooling. Not sure why it is only rust though.

(didn't want to put it under troubleshooting because this isn't a DayzRP issue)

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Cleaned it recently with compressed air.

I think you're right when it comes down to cooling. Not sure why it is only rust though.

(didn't want to put it under troubleshooting because this isn't a DayzRP issue)

That is weird how it only does it for Rust, maybe the game makes your computer die, aha.

Edit: you're correct.

BattleBoltZ    0

How big or small is your case? That could cause heating problems. Also if this is prebuilt it might be your power supply not working to great because prebuilts have shit power supplies in general.

Edit For temp checks you can download MSI afterburner and check that as you play. I do not know about CPU temps though.

How big or small is your case? That could cause heating problems. Also if this is prebuilt it might be your power supply not working to great because prebuilts have shit power supplies in general.

Edit For temp checks you can download MSI afterburner and check that as you play. I do not know about CPU temps though.

Thanks.

My case isn't huge, but it isn't exactly small either. It's not prebuilt, I built it myself. I think it is probably my graphics card being outdated for the game, as I've heard that most new game engines dont support anything below a 660.

Thanks.

My case isn't huge, but it isn't exactly small either. It's not prebuilt, I built it myself. I think it is probably my graphics card being outdated for the game, as I've heard that most new game engines dont support anything below a 660.

I don't think its outdated really...I know people that have 560 and 550 and play DayZ SA and Rust with no problem..well DayZ SA lags for everybody lol.

Thanks.

I don't think its outdated really...I know people that have 560 and 550 and play DayZ SA and Rust with no problem..well DayZ SA lags for everybody lol.

The thing is, it's not lag. My frames are 100% fine while playing, it's the fact that my computer crashes after only 20 mins of playing.

Thanks.

The thing is, it's not lag. My frames are 100% fine while playing, it's the fact that my computer crashes after only 20 mins of playing.

The only thing i can think of is overheating...run some temp checks with MSI afterburner

Installed MSI afterburner, and ran the stress test. Temp went up to 70C (and rising after a min) and load was at 97%. Is that bad?

Installed MSI afterburner, and ran the stress test. Temp went up to 70C (and rising after a min) and load was at 97%. Is that bad?

The Temp is fine, I don't know about the load though.

70c is okay, you should get worried around 80+

I don't think its overheating then.

Edit: Does every game give you the same load? Because 97% means the games is using the hardware properly

The Temp is fine, I don't know about the load though.

70c is okay, you should get worried around 80+

I don't think its overheating then.

Edit: Does every game give you the same load? Because 97% means the games is using the hardware properly

Playing rust atm. I increased the speed of my fans and now the game seems to be running without crashing (touch wood) Temp is now staying at around 70-75C which seems good.

Haven't played any games with the MSI up yet, so don't know about the load.