Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:52

Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Issues with the latest S1 patch

Question

Mace    10

In the latest S1 patch that came out, there have been a few odd issues, most of them involving the scroll menu for options. There are a lot of options that still work just fine. I can, for example, switch between my hatchet and my flashlight, but I cannot switch between the primary weapon I have readied and the weapon "on my back" in the inventory screen without going in manually and clicking the ^ or v buttons.

That is relatively minor. It's a bit of an annoyance, sure, but there is a way around it. The real issue comes with things that are more focused on the survival of characters. I believe blood bags can still be given to people, but during the evening after the patch went live it was found out that you cannot actually administer morphine to another person, which may also go on to include bandaging, epi-pens, etc. You can still use these items in your own inventory, but that is a slightly more obvious problem when working with groups of people.

The biggest issue I've seen and had reported is that gutting animals, cooking food, boiling water, and even casting your line to fish are all unavailable as well. There have also been some mentions of desync with people who have been playing when the usual strain of the server isn't a problem but that can just be confirmation bias working.

I'm currently not aware of any other problems, but I'm curious if there are any ways to kind of jury-rig a fix for at least the gathering food and cooking portions of this while the patch is actually worked on as a lot of the RP that goes on centers around the Outpost and we try to remain mostly self-sufficient and provide food and water instead of just cans (Which are going quickly now that they are the only source of nutrition/blood that you can administer to yourself).

If I hear of any other problems I will edit this post, and I'd like to try to make it clear that this isn't me whining about S1 "not working" but just trying to get together a comprehensive list of problems people are having so they can be singled out and focused on being fixed.

Edit: If you also have problems that I haven't listed and want to talk about them, please try to keep it mature and discuss the issue and what you've tried to do to fix it. I don't want this to devolve into a complaint thread. Thank you.

10 answers to this question

Slute    1

I have also had the problem with the weapon switching, but it seems to only happen occasionally. A simple log out should fix the problem.

Now on the problem of bloodbagging and giving essential medical supplies: This error has been present ever since DayZ released. It seems you have to find a certain spot for the person to administer the supplies to. If after giving them the item and it does not work, once again simply log out and log back in and everything will have worked

Honestly I am unaware if there is any sort of other fix to this except logging out and back in.

Mace    10

The problem is we have been logging out and logging back in, like attempting to fix cooking/boiling water because there were times when there was a bit of desync between what we were doing and what the server thought was possible, you could log out and back in and be able to do whatever it was you were attempting. This has been tried and it doesn't work as far as the cooking issues and after having been logged out and back in naturally I still cannot switch to my "back" weapon.

I do believe Dr. Sophia of TWS tried to log out and log back in to give morphine to someone who needed it and it didn't help, but it was in the middle of a swarm of zombies so I can't trust my memory all that well. I can be sure that at least some of these are, in fact, different than a few of the lag (for wont of a better term) based problems that people had previously.

Its a bug that they will fix soon. Do not worry my friend!

kharmasutra    0

It appears that any action that required scrolling the mouse wheel was not working. I know staff is doing what they can to get things fixed. I'm not even slightly interested in playing Epoch so I will wait patiently. I miss my birds and bunnies though.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

As Siorre says, they are working on fixing these problems, just stay patient and they will be fixed in no time. :)

kharmasutra    0

As Siorre says, they are working on fixing these problems, just stay patient and they will be fixed in no time. :)

*Flicks empty tin can across the forum at Pandi bonking him on the head then runs and hides.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

*Flicks empty tin can across the forum at Pandi bonking him on the head then runs and hides.

Was that meant to hurt. :D

laughing-gif-22zppmz.gif

The problem i think is the biggest is that so far S1 has been just not.... working. I do not know the term for it but it seems to be the biggest issue if anything else. I have no idea what causes it but i will safely assume the admins are fixing it as i type and spam the Refresh button on the launcher. :D

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

The problem i think is the biggest is that so far S1 has been just not.... working. I do not know the term for it but it seems to be the biggest issue if anything else. I have no idea what causes it but i will safely assume the admins are fixing it as i type and spam the Refresh button on the launcher. :D

-snip-