Server time: 2017-08-21, 04:51

Sign in to follow this  
ShadowDrakgon

Mic suggestions

Yo guys sadly my turtle beach X12s have finally broke so I can't talk to anyone while playing so I'm waiting to get for my paycheck so I can get a new headset! I wanted some suggestions since I'm not a mic guy or anything and my price range is 1$-120$.

Krimbo    0

I'm guessing you need a new headset, not a standalone mic right?

I would recommend the Razer Megalodon's. I had a pair of those before Christmas and the mic quality was actually really nice. I recorded plenty of youtube videos with it no problem, it obviously isn't studio quality but it is damn good for a headset microphone.

I have a pair of Astro A50's now, because the wireless feature is ideal for me - but the mic isn't as good. I'm thinking about getting a standalone mic but it's not bad.

SirLawl    1

I would recommend a set of turtle beach PX21's. I had some for a year or so and they served me faithfully, good quality in general, great for what they are. Wired, works for a PS3/PS4, and possibly for Xbox360, although that one is unconfirmed. Comfortable as shit. Quite cheap too, eventually mine stopped working, and after sending them back to the company, they sent me a new pair of PX22's, free of charge, due to the fact that they could not repair them, so customer service is at a high.

Nihoolious    1110

In my experience, the Turtle Beach PX21's have a good microphone, the only problem is that Turtle Beaches are known for braking easily and although I treated my headset like a baby, it eventually broke.

If you want a really good microphone that is part of a gaming headset, look into some of Sennheiser's PC headsets.

If you want a standalone microphone, some options I've been looking at are the Blue Yeti, Samson Meteor or Audio Technica AT2020.

Guest Luume   
Guest Luume

Get some logiteks, can't specify as that's all up to you. But they are some of the best quality headsets, I personally use the G430 headset with is a mid range one with 7.1 surround sound. Take a look and find a good quality headset that will last you for ages.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

It depends really, I say turtle beaches are still sick to use.

Although their is better mics out their other than turtle beaches :)

Some Razer Carcharias?

I'll look into it to.

DON'T!

Buying a Razer headset is a waste of money, mate. Overpriced crap.

I'm currently using the Logitech G35 7.1 Surrond headset. Couldn't be happier. It's really great.

Some Razer Carcharias?

I'll look into it to.

DON'T!

I'm currently using the Logitech G35 7.1 Surrond headset. Couldn't be happier. It's really great.

Yeah they were a over my price range.

Some Razer Carcharias?

I'll look into it to.

DON'T!

+1 to razer being overpriced crap

Ancalagon    0

Well, it's kind of true. HEadsets, especially gaming headsets are often overpriced and not really good.

I'm using a headphone/mic combo and in my opinion, its better. A good mic is very cheap, i think mine had a price of 10€ when i bought it. I'm using a Zalman mic and it's working perfectly fine. And i think the Soundcard is doing her job too ^^

7.1/5.1 headsets in general are marketing, you dont really have a better location or anything like that.

For this you would need a 7.1 surroundsound speaker system. A soundcard and a good Stereo Headphone provides a better surroundsound-effekt. additional, a good soundcard ofcourse improves the sound ^^

I could try to explain why it is like that, but i dont really know how to do it in english ^^

Well, it's kind of true. HEadsets, especially gaming headsets are often overpriced and not really good.

I'm using a headphone/mic combo and in my opinion, its better. A good mic is very cheap, i think mine had a price of 10€ when i bought it. I'm using a Zalman mic and it's working perfectly fine. And i think the Soundcard is doing her job too ^^

7.1/5.1 headsets in general are marketing, you dont really have a better location or anything like that.

For this you would need a 7.1 surroundsound speaker system. A soundcard and a good Stereo Headphone provides a better surroundsound-effekt. additional, a good soundcard ofcourse improves the sound ^^

I could try to explain why it is like that, but i dont really know how to do it in english ^^

I was thinking about a headset/mic combo but I have no idea how to set that up.

Ancalagon    0

I was thinking about a headset/mic combo but I have no idea how to set that up.

You can simply clip a mic at the cable of the headset.

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ

Such mics are constructed for that. Either on the cable or on your shirt, whatever.

Yes, it's under your mouth/head but that doesn't really affects the quality, since it's supposed to be like that.

You just need to find the right hight for the position you are playing in.

OR you can take a bigger mic which you can put on the desk beside the monitor

Guest ProBlackKnight   
Guest ProBlackKnight

Id recommend an Astro Headset Fairly cheap with great quality

Reptile449    0

I thought about getting a headset a while back, but now I'm happy with some Aurvana live headphones and a separate snowball ICE mic. Takes up more space on your desk and is less portable but you can use them separately for different things too like recording, listening to music.

Wolf.    0

I've gone through a couple headsets (Razer Carcharias, Steelseries Siberia V2, Logitech G930 and currently Astro A40s) and I have to say, my favorite probably was the Logitech G930s, but they are very pricey. So out of all of those that I have tried I can really recommend the Siberias, they aren't too expensive and have been my favorite low budget headset so far, I recommended them to a couple friends and they all loved them.

So I suggest you check those out. :)

Prince    93

i personally use a blue yeti studio mic. The quality is great(because its used to record music) and its not that expensive. You can buy them from 70$-150$ it all depends on were you buy them. This mic is great and i would recommend it.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Blue Mics are very good, I'd recommend the bluebird or yeti to anyone looking for a good quality condenser mic at a relatively cheap price.

tnkydoe    14

I recently had this problem as my mic broke and couldnt decide as I have gone through both very expensive headsets and cheap. I currently have the plantronics rig and I love it. The sound quality is as good if not better and its only $130. It has a mixamp so you can change in game sounds and TS seperatly and you can also answer phone calls. Few yt have done reviews on them I would suggest checking them out

This is mine

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VANOFY/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=34605283848&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13999924771294042178&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7obemwguod_b

comfortable, easy to use, allows you to walk around your house and use your push to talk at the same time (I use that a lot so if I am in my kitchen and somebody joins the help desk I can immediately talk to them)

Wolf.    0

You know what's good. I wish I could go back to them, I prefer them over my Astros :(

But OP, I've been doing some research and from what I found and of course past experience I think either the Siberias or G930s (or the wired version of them) would do you good.

Ok so I looked into the "Blue" series and I'm going to get the Blue Snowball and also get a pair of G930 7.1 with surround sound. I have one question so how would I program the G keys?

This is mine

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VANOFY/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=34605283848&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13999924771294042178&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7obemwguod_b

comfortable, easy to use, allows you to walk around your house and use your push to talk at the same time (I use that a lot so if I am in my kitchen and somebody joins the help desk I can immediately talk to them)

Seryth    0

I bought an operator style mic (headset style) and just taped it to a decent pair of headphones. Works a charm, quality is surprisingly good, and the mic only cost me £2.

Here's a pic of the mic... just imagine that attached to some over-ear headphones and you've got it!

http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_2631_1.jpg