Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:22

Sign in to follow this  
BattleBoltZ

Epoch Problems

BattleBoltZ    0

Plot Poles in their current state are annoying. The whole idea of needing something to be able to build is ridiculous. On the other hand we can not have anyone building anywhere they want. The worst parts are their high prices (for solo people) and the fact that they are physical items. So I have to suggestions for them, both of which I think should be used.

-Lower price of plot poles

-Make plot poles not physical after put down so they can not be stolen because that makes no sense or run over *Cough Riley Cough*

Also it is way to easy to get geared up. Just gun farm for a little while and you have you pick of weapons. And when I say a little while I mean an hour or less. My fixes go as follows.

-Make items more expensive and/or sell sell for less

-Make traders stock very limited on high end gear

A lot of discussion has been going on about robbing in trader cities and I think it is alright with conditions.

-No robbing people while stuck in trade animation

-Make sure you can dive to cover, most of the time people will turn around as an involuntary reaction. Make sure you don't have to blow their face off when you do

-A rule that bans camping trading posts in one way or another

GingerHippo    4

For Plot Poles, I've usually made sure that I've gotten all that is needed for a Cinder Block door and a combination lock and then I build that to block off the entrance to my base with the plot pole then being placed inside.

This prevents people from being able to enter my base and stealing my plot pole unless they feel like breaking into my base. This means that once you've died or something then you can go back, pick up the plot pole, place it again and you remain the owner of the land.

BattleBoltZ    0

Yes but many people don't have concrete and that will only address stealing plot poles,not how hard it is to get them for solo players or accidentally breaking them/picking them up and messing up your base.

Tamaster92    14

You can place a plot pole, build, then remove the plot pole.

Obviously this has downsides but there isn't really anyway to change it to be otherwise. If you didn't require a plot pole there would be tons of bases everywhere and lag the server. If you make it too expensive no one builds.

3 10oz is 1 10oz above the price when you get a plot deed so is the fairest cheap price imo

GingerHippo    4

Yes but many people don't have concrete and that will only address stealing plot poles,not how hard it is to get them for solo players or accidentally breaking them/picking them up and messing up your base.

I've played solo for a while before my friends started playing and to be honest, you've just got to work hard for them and that's the best part as you HAVE TO work for the gold needed for the pole itself.

BattleBoltZ    0

I guess I am the only one with a problem with plot poles. What do you guys think about the rest of my suggestions?

Plot Poles can be obtained for free.

If you find documents in barracks and read them there is

a chance you find get a plot pole blueprint.

Use it near a workbench and you get a free plot pole.

I think this is how they should be obtained. The power of a base is huge.

Buying them is too easy. I can get 1 10oz gold from selling supplies in 30 min.

Tamaster92    14

Plot Poles can be obtained for free.

If you find documents in barracks and read them there is

a chance you find get a plot pole blueprint.

Use it near a workbench and you get a free plot pole.

I believe you actually have to pay 2 10oz gold with a document, so still cheaper.

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Plot_Pole_Deed

Tomeran    3

I quite like the idea of expensive plot poles. Yes the idea itself may not make a lick of sense, but if we started that list it would almost never end. Compared to the mechanic and what it offers, its worth it I think. And it should be expensive. Im not sure what the standing price is atm, but I think it used to be 10 or 20 gold. And that's almost nothing.

On everything else, I largely agree. We should fight the item inflation, but some have suggested we remove all the traders to do this. That is insanity I think, since epoch has an -amazing- economy system and it would be a colossal shame just to dump it all, when you can actually use the economy system itself to fight the inflation.

Its like people want to bomb the entire house when there's a fire in the kitchen, rather then just use the fire extinguisher right next door.

Make everything way more expensive like you said, add a way smaller stockpile of rare weapons at each reset (x1 of each gun perhaps) and put a MUCH greater emphasis on what should be key survivor goods: Food, drinks and meds. Dramaticly reducing their frequency on the loot tables and increasing their prices (and sell value) should be enough to bring them back as the treasured goods they should be.

GingerHippo    4

I guess I am the only one with a problem with plot poles. What do you guys think about the rest of my suggestions?

Well, in a real situation the robberies would happen in areas that are on DayZRP as there aren't really "safe zones" in the real world is there and the robbing when someone's doing an animation, I think there's going to be a rule for that as that's power gaming of some sort as the player cannot do anything to prevent that animation except moving to cancel it which the robbers will take as a hostile move and most likely shoot the target.

The camping traders, I'd say you're not aloud to be within a certain amount of M's of the trader when you do the robbery. This will mean that the players will not know exactly where their targets are and if they see them leave that certain area then they can stalk them for a good chance to pounce and initiate.

There's going to be caps on the amount of items that are in the sellers and also I'm sure they will cap the prices as the loot tables will be changed to make guns either cheaper or more rare.

We should really have an official thread for EpochRP to keep the forum clutter with all the 'EPOCH IS BAD, NEEDS FIXING, NEEDS CHANGES' threads.

GingerHippo    4

We should really have an official thread for EpochRP to keep the forum clutter with all the 'EPOCH IS BAD, NEEDS FIXING, NEEDS CHANGES' threads.

Mean like this one? - EpochRP Thread

Tamaster92    14

If there are already threads on this, why has this one not been closed then?

Chris    61

If there are already threads on this, why has this one not been closed then?

HEY YEAH.

Closing for now, refer to the above threads for Epoch discussions.

#Carib4CH