Server time: 2018-08-16, 15:35

Sign in to follow this  
Ducks

Nice to have found this forum and community

I am excited to have found a group of people playing DayZ the way it was meant to be played. I gave up on the mod, as KOS took over most servers. The standalone has reignited my need for post apocalyptic gaming. I spent a lot of my youth and teen years roleplaying and tabletop games. It has been a long time, but I am looking forward to the RP aspects of this community.

Is there any reason to apply for whitelist now, since I am only playing standalone?

Is it worth reinstalling the mod, or stick with the new hotness?

Do I need to use the launcher to join the DayZRP standalone server?

Looking forward to a lot of good times here. Cheers.

Guest Pandi

Hey man, Welcome to DayZRP!

Yes, if I was you I'd apply for whitelist and when you want to come and play DayZRP in future you will already be whitelisted and ready to play, just remember to keep up on the rules and if you don't post once a month your account will be deleted for inactivity, but if you are a donator, you don't need to worry about that.

Try things out and you will find out. ;)

No, you can join by searching for it in-game (filtering it out on the SA server finder).

I look forward to meeting you in-game, bye for now!

Hey, glad you found us! Your RP gaming backround will certainly be a welcome addition. I dropped a leaving thread a week or so ago, but like you Standalone has peeked my interest back up.

Popularity for DayRP servers has dropped a bit due to SA release and Xmas, etc. But to answer your question about reinstalling, I would recommend it personally.

Get your whitlelist application in and play on the old server while we wait for awesome new stuff in Standalone. It'll give you a greater understanding of how things work around here definately, become familiar with the rules first hand, just my opinion.

Anyway, good times. See you in the infested wilderness.

Feel free to post your backstory so other can read it and can give you advice. Also check out these links...

PM me with any questions im always happy to help :D

General tips for a better whitelist application

New to the server

Basic roleplaying guide

Ego's guide

Welcome to the community! Enjoy your stay, I suggest that you stay active, and get involved both on the forums and in-game. Message me if you need any help! Links are in my signature below :)

Thank you everyone! It is appreciated. I will go ahead and reinstall the DayZ Mod and read up in the forums.

Welcome to the community, all the best with your application. Take time with your backstory and make sure you know the rules. Get yourself involved in the forums, ask questions and enjoy.

Hint: On your backstory try no to use the 'I was on a plane that crash landed on Chernarus due to a zombie being on the plane etc'!, tends to be a little overused.

Here is a start on my backstory. It is what I sent in the whitelist applications.

Before the zombie apocalypse Joseph Ducks had a pretty under rated life. Unmarried. No children. He was a logger in the North Idaho wilderness, but times were lean. Most logging towns had all but shut down. The best businesses around tended to be the local pub, and that's where Joe spent most of his time. When he wasn't getting drunk, and when there was work, he spent his days in logging camps. Working hard during the days, in rough, dangerous conditions. Spending his off time with friends hunting and fishing. That's when days were good. Drunken fighting in the camps was the norm for Joe's offtime in the year before the outbreak. He was one tough son of a bitch with a weakness for the juice. Joe's first months of the apocalypse were studded by massive alcohol withdrawals and stuffing anything he could find into his face to help with the pains. It seems like that was a long time ago now. A lot of time traveling north, living off of the land. Moving fast during the summers. He made it to a port out of Alaska and joined a group who claimed that there were uninfected areas in Russia. It seemed too good to be true, but hope is a powerful motivator. 20 of us boarded a boat with our high expectations, only to be clubbed over the head and robbed of all of our supplies and weapons. Dumped in the surf.

Guest Pandi

Here is a start on my backstory. It is what I sent in the whitelist applications.

Before the zombie apocalypse Joseph Ducks had a pretty under rated life. Unmarried. No children. He was a logger in the North Idaho wilderness, but times were lean. Most logging towns had all but shut down. The best businesses around tended to be the local pub, and that's where Joe spent most of his time. When he wasn't getting drunk, and when there was work, he spent his days in logging camps. Working hard during the days, in rough, dangerous conditions. Spending his off time with friends hunting and fishing. That's when days were good. Drunken fighting in the camps was the norm for Joe's offtime in the year before the outbreak. He was one tough son of a bitch with a weakness for the juice. Joe's first months of the apocalypse were studded by massive alcohol withdrawals and stuffing anything he could find into his face to help with the pains. It seems like that was a long time ago now. A lot of time traveling north, living off of the land. Moving fast during the summers. He made it to a port out of Alaska and joined a group who claimed that there were uninfected areas in Russia. It seemed too good to be true, but hope is a powerful motivator. 20 of us boarded a boat with our high expectations, only to be clubbed over the head and robbed of all of our supplies and weapons. Dumped in the surf.

Hey man, best place to post this would have been then role playing section in the forums! :)

Click here

I suggest making a thread there, therefore you will get some feedback from the people that like to write stories like this for roleplay.