Server time: 2017-08-21, 14:10

Sign in to follow this  
Ruskie

Questions About Rules

Question

Ruskie    0

I've got a hypothetical situation for DayZ RP i found a bit confusing. So your strolling through the woods with a handy lapua when you see a clan executing hostages, you don't know the hostages but you know the executers are pricks from previous encounters, can you engage the executers without talking to them, to be fair if you did talk to them, or hold them up you would probably join the hostages. your opinion

7 answers to this question

naury42    0

You need to be sure its a hostage situation/robbery. Only then you are allowed to do anything.

If not, you can do nothing.

GingerHippo    4

If you're on about the Good Simaritan rule and you know that the people who are hostages have been robbed (you have seen them dropping their shit before hand whilst having guns aimed at them) then yes, you are aloud to intervene and shoot the robbers. BUT, you have to make sure that they have done wrong to the people involved.

Like you said "they are pricks from previous encounters" then no you're not aloud as you haven't seen the incident happen. (as far as I know).

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

As Hippo said, if you are going to shoot them for the "they are pricks from previous encounters" then no, you cannot shoot them.

However, if you have been robbed by them, you have KOS rights on them for 2 hours after the situation. You have to make absolutely sure that they are the people who have robbed you.

If you see them robbing someone you are allowed to shoot and kill them under the Good Samaritan Rule, this is also a tricky situation simply because they might be friends exchanging gear.

So Id normally avoid shooting. Unless they had someone surrounded, all pointing their weapons at the person and then the person drops has gear/backpack.

Hope I cleared that up.

*EDIT* Also next time, make sure you post Questions in the Questions Section here :) Have a nice day.

http://www.dayzrp.com/f-questions

Slute    1

The good samaratin rule comes in play, but you have to use it right to avoid getting banned.

You have to be absolutely positive that they are executing/taking hostages. This can be achieved by getting closer and listening to their conversation, or they kill one of the hostages. I had an instance that myself and another clan member (not Volki) were doing a ceromonial "Knighting" and I got down on one knee to get knighted by his SVD. A man shot my clan me member because he was under the impression I was a hostage.

Only use the good samaratin rule of you are positive the other persons life is in danger.

Also this needs to be moved to Questions!

GingerHippo    4

Think this needs moving to "Questions" thread. Also, can you tell us if that helped you please so a member of staff can close it once moved.

Bryan    0

If they are Executing hostages, of course you can help. But: This is a roleplay server, it is 1000 times better to roleplay with them instead of sniping them from 500+ meter.

It's a post apocalyptic world, and if they are Executing more than one hostages, you can bet that they have Overwatch.. Would you risk your life for some guys you don't know? ALWAYS think about your characters life, a Lapua is loud, and you have zeds+their overwatch..

Oh and: Roleplay>Ruleplay