Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Afterfall

Journal of Albert 'Sunshine' Ross

Afterfall    0

Before the Infection

Entry One

Year: 2003

Hello...Journal? This is going to be odd writing to myself, but It's worth a shot! So I'll start with some small facts about myself, to start my name is Albert Ross. I'm 63 years old, born in Albany, NY. Since I'm not one to describe my looks I'll leave it at this, I'm an old man.

Well, since you don't know much about me I presume that I should start from the beginning. From what I remember of my childhood, I lived in a medium size apartment with my parents and one sister. I don't remember much about my sister, other than her name was Allison, and my parents were your typical ones. Their names were John and Janet. We were the your typical normal family. I loved the study of medicine, and that's what I decided I wanted to be, a medic in the military. The medic part was something I loved, and I joined the military because I was more into tending physical injuries rather than sickness.

Moving on. I joined the military at age 18 and was trained thoroughly. I thankfully never was deployed and only tended to soldiers injured in training. I eventually retired sometime in 90's, the date didn't matter much to me. By this time I was married and had no children. My wife and I decided a long time before I retired that we would move to Chernarus as it was a beautiful and quite place to spend the rest of our days. After a long flight we landed at an airfield to the west of the city Chernogorsk. The city life was to loud and crowded for us, so we decided on a wonderful house on the northern side of Zelenogorsk. As I write this journal I am still living in this house, not too much for me to do nowadays which is why I write in this now.

I'll this small space I have left for the first entry to describe my wife. Her name is Janet, just like my mothers, and she is 60 years old. I met her when I was 25 when me and some of my former military friends went out to the bar. She was and still is the most beautiful women on earth, we got married when I was 27. I wish I could tell you more but the very women I talk about if yelling at me! It's time to go buy some groceries, wonderful!

This is a new project that I really enjoy writing. Hopefully I can continue it as much as possible and you enjoy reading it. Please by all means leave any feedback and criticism that you think of, it can only help!

Afterfall    0

Awesome keep it up :D

Thanks! Entry two should be coming shortly.

Before The Infection

Entry Two

Year: 2003

Hello again journal. Moving on from my last entry, enough of the past and on with the present. It's been about a week or two since my last entry so I wanted to write again. A couple of interesting things have popped up around Chernarus that I think I should talk about.

To start, the Chernarus Army has been recruiting many people and are building a seemingly large force. God knows why. I'm hoping that this does not mean a war, but the chances seem fairly high. They came to my door the other day, knowing I used to be a medic, and asked if I wanted to become a teacher for the new recruits . I talked with my wife about it, she told me that it would be good for me, keep my mind occupied. They told me that if I wanted to help out, arrive at the recruitment office with all of my paperwork a year from today. They also said that the long wait was because they needed to organize themselves first, and get enough recruits.

The second bit of news is that they have just finished building a new town, just up the road from here, called Sosnovka. I have a picture from the newspaper that I will glue on here.

Sosnovka_Aerial_North-to-South_DayZ-Wiki.png

Afterfall    0

Before the Infection

Entry Three

Year: 2005

Glad I finally found this again. I believe it's been about...two years since I last wrote. Well just to let you know, I ended up not taking the medical teaching job offered to me. It became too much of a hassle and I could barely understand some of them! After quitting on that, I went out looking for a different job. At this point, I didn't even want to have a job but the Misses insisted that I get one. After a while of searching I never found a new job, until today. That's the reason I decided to dig this dusty old thing out of the closet.

It's a rather interesting story, to me that is. So I went out for a drive around the city at about 10:30 AM. I noticed a sign in the pharmacy's window that said now hiring. I figured if I wanted a job semi related to medical care, this is it. So I made my way into the store and was instantly greeted by the manager. I asked her if there was a spot open in the medical department, she just sort of looked at me funny then said "Of course! Go talk to Mason, he owns that department." After running around the store asking employees for a man named Mason, just to be greeted by blank looks, I found him. He must of been the only store employee that I was able to talk to. After doing a short interview, I was now working for some weird store right outside Chernogorsk.

This was not exactly the best job in the world, nor my favorite. After working all day not one person entered the store, and at the end of the day I was given three dollars. Now if I didn't need this job to stay sane, I would have quit right then and there. Anyway, that's really the most interesting thing that's happened to me in the past 2 years. Damn my life is boring.

Texas532    0

Good read keep it up!

"Damn my life is boring" Your 63 and retired, what could you possibly be doing in Chernarus that would be more exciting?

Sign in to follow this