Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:43
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Khardia

General tips to make a better whitelist application

Khardia    0

[align=justify]Hello newcomer!

As an admin, I get to review the whitelist application YOU've posted and most of them get rejected for the same "obvious" reasons. To help the community grow and to help you join DayZRP, I told myself "why not try to help them out a bit?".

First thing you need to know is that we, admins, are really careful when accepting somebody onto the servers. We want to be able to get the best people in order to provide the best possible experience to everyone, be it veteran players or "noobs".

Here, I won't tell you the "secret recipe to get accepted in the servers" : there is none. But, like the title of the thread suggests, I'll give you tips so you can, yourself, build an application that will fit what we're looking for.

• Treat admins like if they were new players when describing rules.

Yes, you read this correctly : treat us like if we had no clue what the NLR and KOS rules were. Explain every part of them. Explain them enough so a REAL new player (you, in this case) could go in game and not get in any trouble because you have explained all the points, gave examples and plenty of information YOU may feel are obvious, but might not be.

Basically, describe every aspect of the rules and give plenty of material to show us your depth understanding of those rules.

This does NOT mean you have to describe us the potential punishments. By doing so, it looks like you are simply trying to fill the requirements by adding useless stuff. Use ALL characters to describe correctly the rules.

EDIT (December 26th 2013): Most of the applications get rejected because of the KOS rule explanations. Make sure to describe everything and don't hesitate to put more than what you think is enough.

• Avoid the "Superhero / Super Soldier / Special Force expert" backstory.

You are in a post-apocalyptic game, not in Halo. You are Roleplaying a human and, as every human-being, you have your weaknesses and can't be good at everything.

Roleplaying as an ex-bus driver can be as fun as your "assassin's creed ripoff" character. Just imagine something you will enjoy playing. Something realistic.

• Do not play as a pure psychopath/sociopath and/or cannibal.

Remember that DayZRP is all about player interactions. Our rules enforce those interactions (be it hostile or friendly) and playing something that totally goes against players' discussions isn't something good. Of course, you can be shy or simply not enjoy talking; you can also be "weird", odd or awkward. Just not push yourself out of the rest of the World and/or reality.

• Give a special attention to your grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Be careful when writing down your application. Do not hesitate to ask somebody to proofread it as, even if it is not a job application, you are still making other human-beings read your text and if it is unreadable, we won't push ourselves too much to understand it.

It is o.k. to have some spelling mistakes or miss a comma: just try to show us you are RP-material and you can write correctly enough to provide everyone a good experience when RP'ing.

• Show us you WANT to play here and your will to be a good asset to the community

Obviously, we are not asking you to become top poster or to make top-notch events. Though, you start working on your "DayZRP career" as soon as you register. The more you are active, the fastest your application will be reviewed.

Keep in mind that being active doesn't help your acceptance, only helps you get reviewed faster.

• Do not, EVER, fill your missing required characters with repeated letters or random letters.

By doing so, you are showing us that you are NOT ready to abide by our standards and that you are not willing to take enough time to correctly fill-in your application.

To avoid this, re-read your application : there is plenty material in the rules to meet the characters requirement of the NLR / KOS rule explanations and your imagination is deep enough to create a backstory long enough to meet the backstory's characters requirements.

By filling your application with random letters or repeated characters, you may be blacklisted (permanently retired of the community).

Sorry, let me reformulate: You WILL be blacklisted if you fill-in your application with random letters or repeated characters.

More points will most likely be added at a later point.

Thanks for reading this guide and I hope this will help you!

I cannot wait to read your application and I hope to see you in-game soon.

Best of my regards,

--

Khardia

EDIT LIST

December 26th 2013 : Added text to the first point.

March 9th 2014 : Added a part regarding people explaining punishments.

Slute    1

Awesome guide Khardia. Too bad I didnt have this when I sent in my application! Mine was horrible, why'd you even accept me? But it's okay its better now :P

Khardia    0

Awesome guide Khardia. Too bad I didnt have this when I sent in my application! Mine was horrible, why'd you even accept me? But it's okay its better now :P

INB4 blacklist ;)

Jokes aside, thank you!

Guest Kjordy   
Guest Kjordy

Nice guide! Really informative, hopefully people notice this is here ey. :P

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Wow, nice guide! Very detailed, this will surely help all these newcomers!

Snow    1

Wait, people have actually tried to pad their application with random letters?

Khardia    0

Wait, people have actually tried to pad their application with random letters?

Sadly, yes.

Even if there isn't a lot of those, they still are present every time we get a huge amount of apps.

Khardia    0

Nice guide Khardia, you should do more to help new comers!

Back in the days, when I was a CH, I was nice enough to help people.

Now I am too corrupt.

Just kidding, of course, I try to help where I can, but our CHs and Mods are doing an awesome job already ;)

GingerHippo    4

Nice guide Khardia, you should do more to help new comers!

Back in the days, when I was a CH, I was nice enough to help people.

Now I am too corrupt.

Just kidding, of course, I try to help where I can, but our CHs and Mods are doing an awesome job already ;)

"Corrupt" - That's only when you annoy Kakan by changing his name to have a capital letter and yes, the CH's and Mod's do an amazing job on helping other people of the community. I'm trying to become more of a helper.

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

Nice guide Khardia!

Yeah the whole "psychopath" thing just doesn't work. People use it as an excuse to get out of KoS/RDM reports by saying "Yeah but my character is a psychopath with mental problems, thats why he shotgunned everyone at Altar" or whatever.

Id also like to add (ban me if im not allowed ;), just because it says Min: 2000 Characters, doesn't mean you have to get +50 more or -50 less. The more good quality information, the better!

I think I wrote 4000 for my backstory (Req: 2000) and 2000 for the KoS and NLR rule (Req: 1000).

:)

*Edit* Thanks Khardia. You make for a good sig!

Khardia    0

Nice guide Khardia!

Yeah the whole "psychopath" thing just doesn't work. People use it as an excuse to get out of KoS/RDM reports by saying "Yeah but my character is a psychopath with mental problems, thats why he shotgunned everyone at Altar" or whatever.

Id also like to add (ban me if im not allowed ;), just because it says Min: 2000 Characters, doesn't mean you have to get +50 more or -50 less. The more good quality information, the better!

I think I wrote 4000 for my backstory (Req: 2000) and 2000 for the KoS and NLR rule (Req: 1000).

The more one works on his backstory, the better his experience when playing his character will be (at least, that's what I've gathered from my personnal experiences). So yes, you're right. Though, we don't want to overwhelm people with apps being "too long to write".

--

I like your sign. Spread my words.

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

Nice guide Khardia!

The more one works on his backstory, the better his experience when playing his character will be (at least, that's what I've gathered from my personnal experiences). So yes, you're right. Though, we don't want to overwhelm people with apps being "too long to write".

--

It reminded me of Gamerpoops Skyrim. (If you have ever seen it)

-Snip-

Khardia    0

Nice guide Khardia!

--

It reminded me of Gamerpoops Skyrim. (If you have ever seen it)

"Back when I was a little girl in France"

Heres a link. -snip-

Warning: Contains Mild Sexual Situations

I've removed the link, so we can keep this thread on the subject.

But this was confusing.

EDIT : Sin liked it.

Sin    127

wat

Ruskie    0

also say as much as you can as that will put you up higher on the list so you would get reviewed faster

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

also say as much as you can as that will put you up higher on the list so you would get reviewed faster

Yes but quality over quantity c:

Ruskie    0

true but sometimes people just prefer to make a longer application then wait for an extra week

Same goes for me. Why didn't they link this wonderful tipps on the application tab?

Damn!

I feel like I could've done so much better with my application...

Thanks Khardia!

waznor    0

very good guide man! i will use this if this application dodnt work!1 :D

Thx i'l use this next time if this fails! :D

oh man i wish i had readed this before, i could polish up a bit my backstory, im rather confident in my whitelist app, every time it will get rejected i will improve it

Sammer123    0

Wish I would've read this first, would've helped a bit. But oh well, it will help if i don't make it this time