Two Clan CP's   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Two Clan CP's

• Yes
    • No
    • Just the ability to join two clans

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Hello everybody! I am going to present the idea of two Clan CP's. One for epoch and one for normal DayZRP.

Why ?

I think this is a good suggestion because alot of people change their play-style depending on if they are playing on Epoch or RP, for example my main character on DayZRP is a hero and would happily roll in the blood of every bandit. On the other hand, on DayZRP Panthera I am a violent gang leader of the El Banditos. The problem here is that as opposed to normal RP where I can transfer KoS rights ECT between clan mate I can not due to everyone playing on alternative characters.

Basically I am asking for their to be two different types of clans and CPs for Epoch and RP to encourage people to work as groups.

W.I.P to be improved

kyoto    4

Might be a good idea, but I think it might get a bit confusing. It's a +1 from me though.

PCJames    152

I don't like most clans operate on both -1

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

I don't like most clans operate on both -1

Ues, but some want a change in RP that they cannot gain while in the clan, for example The Watcher Code prevents me from commuting banditry. Preventing me on changing my RP

R Steele    0

I 100% agree with this as it will be better for those where only a couple clan members go over to the Epoch...

Slute    1

I could go with the idea of a clan that plays only on Epoch. I like the idea would work well, +1!

Yuval    2

I do want to try banditry for abit, but the thing is how will effect the mods hero/ bandit balance

Symmetrical    1

This is pretty useless, If you dont like the clan you're in you can always a second character or just leave the clan...

I really see no point in this.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

This is pretty useless, If you dont like the clan you're in you can always a second character or just leave the clan...

I really see no point in this.

People DO use second characters, but clans do want to play as opposite play-styles from time to time without breaking their code. They can not operate effectively without XML, which they cannot wear while, for example committing acts of banditry without being kicked from the group.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

For example, maybe Watchers want to be bandits on Panthera? But need to be in a clan to operate fully? They can't or they would tarnish the name of The Watchers.

+1000 for this.

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

+1

However if this were to be implemented, the forums might need a work around. Rolle would maybe have to duplicate the forums to have DayZRP chernarus sections (Clan Threads, Suggestions and Reports ect) and a DayZRP Epoch section with clan threads, suggestions and reports ect)

Just my opinion :)

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

+1

However if this were to be implemented, the forums might need a work around. Rolle would maybe have to duplicate the forums to have DayZRP chernarus sections (Clan Threads, Suggestions and Reports ect) and a DayZRP Epoch section with clan threads, suggestions and reports ect)

I completely agree with two different clan sections for Epoch and RP, alongside the reports suggestion, maybe if In the Clan section there would be RP clans Clan Ideas Epoch Clans and clan archive with a possible addition of the epoch clan idea

+1

I completely agree with two different clan sections for Epoch and RP, alongside the reports suggestion, maybe if In the Clan section there would be RP clans Clan Ideas Epoch Clans and clan archive with a possible addition of the epoch clan idea

simply couldn't dedicate time between both clans and which do you choose if something comes up?

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

+1

simply couldn't dedicate time between both clans and which do you choose if something comes up?

Of course the main group comes first for me and as you don't play panthera too often, we'd run the El Banditos :)

Ghost    8

+ 1 I want this

Guest MonkeyMadness   
Guest MonkeyMadness

agree. +1

Stagsview    588

I think there is a rule already implanted into the Dayzrp system that does not let you be in two clans at the same time. Soz Ed Do not think it will work without a rule change and it is really hard just to be a clan member yet alone plan to be another. You have time for a alt character yes but I find this you could just make loads of alts and go around as a group of wana be people not officially a clan.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

-1 from me.

The database is strained as it is already, and this would just create so many problems for the admins to deal with.

Krimbo    0

It's a no from me, I think that the state of the DayZrp servers are going to be changing around quite a lot in the next few months due to standalone, issues with patches and so on. I don't think it would be worth adding new systems like this when there's a possibility they won't last long.

I don't know what Rolle's plan is in regards to Epoch but personally, I would imagine Epoch will be a temporary thing until the DayZrp mod is working as he wants it to and/or the features of standalone's servers improve to support DayZrp better than it currently does. This is all just my speculation of course.

Secondly, many people (myself included), would like to play using more than one clan just on DayZrp itself, but it isn't allowed or implemented so we just make the best of having alternative characters that may roll as a team but just don't use the 'clan rights' if you will.