Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:18

Sign in to follow this  
darkdrewlord

Why?

I set up a small camp between the cities of Cherno and Elektro in hopes of getting some RP. Now, I understand that it was not the smartest move, but with no camps and everyone seeming to never go to RP in the trade posts in epoch, I was desperate for some good RP. The first people I see go by me. Then they turn around and get out of the car and tell me to drop my weapons. I try to run and they shoot me to death. Is this what dayzrp has come to? This isn't RP, this is like regular dayz with robbers! No one talks to you without the intention of robbing you anymore! I'm sick of it! I am afraid to talk to anyone I see, because 9 times out of 10, they're going to rob me. The only way to be generally safe from robbers is by joining a clan, which I think is a stupid way to play, since not everyone wants to be in a clan. Sure flame and spam that I'm just another complainer, but I know I'm not the only one with these problems.

Matt    21

If you are looking for roleplay and you are not getting definetly first make sure who's car you are running towards if you see the svr logo on the side and you are carrying military weaponry then they are rping in their own way as they follow directive 4.7 but if you cannot see a clan tag on the side then im afraid you just happened to come across your average bandit who just wants your stuff but running off sometimes is not the best thing to do if you did drop your weapon it would open up a large variety of situations what could happen im afraid bandits will never change and you just got to hope you don't find them.

If you are looking for roleplay and you are not getting definetly first make sure who's car you are running towards if you see the svr logo on the side and you are carrying military weaponry then they are rping in their own way as they follow directive 4.7 but if you cannot see a clan tag on the side then im afraid you just happened to come across your average bandit who just wants your stuff but running off sometimes is not the best thing to do if you did drop your weapon it would open up a large variety of situations what could happen im afraid bandits will never change and you just got to hope you don't find them.

I have problems with bandits in general.....I have a problem with the fact that every person in dayzrp seems to be a bandit.

Matt    21

I have problems with bandits in general.....I have a problem with the fact that every person in dayzrp seems to be a bandit.

To be honest i have only honestly been robbed 4 or 5 times in total on dayzrp there is plenty of groups out there that wont just rob you on the spot.

Tommy Welsh    0

If you complied and didn't run away then maybe you would have got some RP, but I agree I played the epoch Chernarus server for about 3 hours the other day and seen no RP at all.

TomG    0

You say you turn and run everytime. How about complying? After that, it is usually when the RP starts. You can't expect bandits to RP the way bandits would until after they have robbed you.

Pyrah    1

We as a clan aren't bandits so you can always say "Hi" to us.

I can't really say I've been robbed much, I think once to be fair and I was without a clan for a long time in RP land. It is harder without settlements but sadly some people may just be nervous and feel like getting the initiation in first just so they are safe before RPing?

Krimbo    0

I agree with what Tom has said, often bandits have good gear as it is, they will rob you for the sake of action and/or roleplay. Most of the time they leave the majority of your items.

In regards to avoiding getting robbed, find out in-game who the clans/people you should watch out for are and what they look like. Watch peoples body language when you are with them. Do they seem on edge or hostile? Are they behind cover? Do they have their weapon raised?

You should also be less worried about your gear and more focused on roleplay in my opinion. Usually I'm not bothered about my items but if I have a rare gun or a coyote then I get pretty nervous about meeting people and it effects my fun in the game because I become to worried about loosing my good items. Try and loosen up a bit.

I hope this helps you in some way.

Guest kingalex1122   
Guest kingalex1122

one clan you don't have to worry about is us the good ol watchers :)

Max Simons    6

DayzRP Epoch is the problem, Epoch has no role playing involved i've played around 8 hours and i meet two guys when playing who tried to Role play with me but it didn't feel right due to it being epoch. Epoch isn't the best roleplay mod.

The Bandit issue you speak of is highly dramatized in your thread. I've been robed once, only once! And that was by the SKA. There are some groups out there who will rob you if you have something they need or it falls under there roleplay like the SVR and the SDS have role play reasons to rob you.

Vasily Malyy    10

Come to? When has DayZRP not been this? Though I'm not complaining.

Bandits will rob you for the sake of: Gear, food, vehicles, or RP. And no, I don't mean friendly RP. Hostile RP will only come if the victim is compliant.

Bandits are bandits because it is very fun to be the man pointing the gun at someone telling them what to do. I know, because I've done it many many times. Oh man, it was pretty fun making that one guy shoot his best friend in the skull. I've also friendly RP'd with people pretty often. You just have to look for it harder. Don't expect everyone you meet to come up to you and give you a hug, because really, a large majority would be picking through your backpack by the time you open your arms.

Frankly, I've found sometimes, that you really can't have a friendly conversation with someone unless your group's numbers are greater than theirs, or you're in a camp.

But man, if you want to keep being friendly, keep at it. Or don't, you can always rob people too. You're going to find friendly people some day. Some tips would be: Carry less valuable gear, play with other friendly people (i.e. go into TS and meet up with a dude,) and don't look like a target.

Recki    1

When has DayZRP not been this?

This ^